Search Unity

Zip n Swing - The Zipline tool for Unity Now Released

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ValrikRobot, Mar 12, 2015.

1. ValrikRobot

ValrikRobot

Now only $1.50

I would like to share with you my first release of my Zipline tool. now with at the new lower price of $10

It allows users to quickly and easily add Ziplining and Swinging to any Unity game. Not just the animation ( though i suggest you use your own, in the end ), but you have control of the complete motion from start to finish. Control the speed and even the y offset to give a swing action.

Use it to add fixed Zip Lines or rope swinging. Or even rope lifts like in Assassins Creed which was the main inspiration of this package
    ( Images here For Inspirational Purposes Only. NOT IN PACKAGE )

Make it into a prefab and you can load it dynamically ( see Spiderman Video )

Even if your character uses its own animator controller for its every day actions, like Motion Controller, no changes would need to be made. This simply overrides it for the Zipline Action.

Check out the webplayer

Asset Store Link

I am working on a lot of updates to make this bigger and better.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  2. ValrikRobot

ValrikRobot

I wanted to demonstrate that this tool can also be used to create zip / swing actions anytime at runtime creating far more possibilities. So I thought, what would be a good simple way of showing this.................

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/30686
    This is yet another quick example from Zip n Swing. Absolutly no focus had been put into making good gameplay, just using Zip n Swing to create a swing action.
    I was getting the impression that this package had some big limitations. So I decided to do an example that could demonstrate using the Zip n Swing package to create Zip n Swing objects at runtime. So, what better example to give than with our friend Spiderman. This could just as easily be a guy with a whip or grappling hook.

Please understand, this scene was setup in ten minutes including creating 2 scripts to do the swing action. Then I recordered my first use and posted it here.
    The swing action basically instantiates the Zip n Swing object tat had been saved as a prefab, then the main markers have their positions changed to give a good start and finish.

Download Demo Scene - https://www.dropbox.com/s/2hpdl63ta82pyf0/SpidermanScene.rar?dl=0

3. ValrikRobot

ValrikRobot

Version 1.01 now on the asset store. The official first version shown in the videos. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/30686

If you have purchased this i strongly suggest you update it because in the draft there was a very minor build error.

4. ValrikRobot

ValrikRobot

Hi guys, Zip n Swing is now available with the new lower price of $10

5. ValrikRobot

ValrikRobot

I'm looking for someone who maybe interested in using this to make a nice demo scene. I'm currently busy working on a few other projects.

If your interested please PM me

6. ValrikRobot

ValrikRobot

Dropped to a new lower price. Easily add rope swinging, zip lining and similar effects and actions into your game. Reusable, resetable.

Make rop lifts like in Assassins creed. You could be more creative, maybe your character hangs on the talons of a giant bird to pass a ravine. Batman style grappling hook to get to heights. Ultimately limitless.

7. ValrikRobot

ValrikRobot

Now for only $1.50

8. Nirav-Madhani

Nirav-Madhani

i want it free of cost

9. radiantboy

radiantboy

looks great, will it integrate with ufps?

macodys likes this.
  10. supadupa64

supadupa64

Well, I'm using third person controller by opsive and this doesn't work. Player just reaches for the sky at start point and the whole game lags...