Search Unity

Zandar - I turned my 3 year old son's drawings into a mobile game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by jayberg, Oct 6, 2015.

1. jayberg

jayberg

My son loves to draw, and I turned his drawings into a mobile game about defending your space station against endless waves of aliens.

Here is the gameplay trailer:

How to Play
    • Choose between various space stations
    • Tap or hold the screen in the direction of aliens to shoot them
    • Use abilities to powerup your weapon for a short boost

App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zandar/id1035085418?mt=8

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.orangeberggames.games.zandar

What do you all think?

2. barchart

barchart

I love how you used your sons art in the game. The game has great colors... looks clean and well built. Good integration of google play w/ the leaderboard and achievements. You should probably look into fixing the input controls so in-game actions dont happen when you interact with UI. Besides that very well done!

3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Awesome look!

Any chance you'd share some of the drawings? I'd love to see how that transitioned. [Seems like you should make a viral video of this -- I see on Facebook stuff of parents who did something with their kids drawings all the time]

My 5.5 year old nephew is not at all into drawing, and my brother and his wife are not at all into letting me show him games (unfortunately they think it'll ruin him or something, even though my brother and I both grew up on Nintendo and turned out mostly OK)

4. SteveJ

SteveJ

Awesome idea. Nicely done :)

5. DizzyTornado

DizzyTornado

Awesome! He'll love it when he's older! Btw, you should have an achievement type system were if you complete an achievement you can see the concept art behind one of the enemies or environments, and you try to unlock all of the artwork.