Search Unity

"You are not allowed to remove the Unity splash screen from your game"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by emiaj715, Feb 22, 2015.

1. emiaj715

emiaj715

Hey,
    I can't seem to make any builds for iOS for a project. I always get this error:
    "You are using Unity iPhone Basic. You are not allowed to remove the Unity splash screen from your game"
    when I try to build and run the project through xcode.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Unity 4.6.3 and xCode 6.1.1 but nothing has worked so far. I even tried making a completely new project with just a cube in it and the same issue occurred.

I found some old posts about this issue which say to turn off png compression in xCode, but I can't find that setting in xCode and from the screenshots in those posts I'm thinking it's not in the same place as it used to be.

SOLVED!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  2. AndreasO

AndreasO

Hi,

I think I'm encountering the exact same problem. May be it does have to do with what iOS Version the devices is running on.

iPad3G with iOS 7.1.2: OK

iPhone5G with iOS 8.0: Fails with: "You are using Unity iPhone Basic. You are not allowed to remove the Unity splash screen from your game"

Any ideas on how to fix it?

3. gruddlebug

gruddlebug

4. emiaj715

emiaj715

5. emiaj715

emiaj715

I found where to turn off png compression in xcode since past posts have said to do that to fix the issue, but I am still running into this issue every time i try to compile for iOS :/

6. r618

r618

7. emiaj715

emiaj715

thank you!! That worked. :)

For anyone else experiencing this issue:
    - Make a build.
    - In xCode - select Unity-iPhone target from your Targets list and select the Info tab.
    - Delete the key UILaunchStoryboardName~iphone from the Custom iOS Target Properties.
    - Try again, it should work fine.

8. ramp

ramp

Great
    Thanks

9. avi9111

avi9111

emiaj715, i deleted the key UILauchxxxx on info tab, done!, I like you..........