Search Unity

Xcode frameworks

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by MythicalCity, Dec 9, 2014.

1. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Xcode API so that the MessageUI.framework is included in my xcode project when using Cloud Build, but I'm not clear on how this is done, there don't seem to be any instructions available, only the sample project which is a bit mysterious.

I added the files in the Assets/Editor folder to my project's Assets/Editor folder. Then I modified the "XcodeProjectUpdater.cs" file by adding:

proj.AddFrameworkToProject(target, "MessageUI.framework", false);

and commenting out:

Code (CSharp):
    1. CopyAndReplaceDirectory("NativeAssets/TestLib.bundle", Path.Combine(path, "Frameworks/TestLib.bundle"));
    2.             proj.AddFileToBuild(target, proj.AddFile("Frameworks/TestLib.bundle",
    3.                                                      "Frameworks/TestLib.bundle", PBXSourceTree.Source));
    5.             CopyAndReplaceDirectory("NativeAssets/TestLib.framework", Path.Combine(path, "Frameworks/TestLib.framework"));
    6.             proj.AddFileToBuild(target, proj.AddFile("Frameworks/TestLib.framework",
    7.                                                      "Frameworks/TestLib.framework", PBXSourceTree.Source));
    but now the project no longer opens in Xcode upon build, and there are no errors in Unity. I get this error in xcode when I try to open the project manually:

"cannot be opened because the project file cannot be parsed."

2. CaseJnr

CaseJnr

Did you ever figure this out?

3. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

4. -Aymeric-

-Aymeric-

Hey guys,

Do you know how to include a dylib library inside a Unity Cloud build?

5. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

What do you specify as dylib and what do you need on your local build to add it to your application?

6. -Aymeric-

-Aymeric-

I need the libc++.dylib for a third part library.

On my local build, I just linked the Xcode project with that lib and it works. No other thing to change.

7. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

You probably want to have a look into the XCode manipulation API which might be necessary to add the external library.

8. -Aymeric-

-Aymeric-

Yeah, I had a look on it. It's defintely missing informations / a real tutorial. Moreover dylib aren't mentionned at all.