Search Unity

X-Mas Lights

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Lex, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Lex

Lex

This is just a home project I made to celebrate Christmas.

It's a music vizualizer projected to look like those cool houses with Christmas Lights synced to songs. The difference here is that you can pick any song you choose. I hope you enjoy.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

WebPlayer: http://bit.ly/vDjx1Y
    Download: http://bit.ly/s4zmfW

2. tatelax

tatelax

Really enjoyed this, thanks!

3. ForceX

ForceX

LOL fantastic :))

4. kenshin

kenshin

Really nice!

5. Vert

Vert

Very nice! I love it!

Are there any legal complications to doing this? I never know when its safe to use others work(aka music) anymore here in the US, the laws seem to just be getting confusing and overreaching. Hope you don't get a take down notice for something so harmless(if you are in the US that is).

6. Lex

Lex

Well, I don't think anyone would get annoyed for this: one because I'm not making any money and two because it's really not being... how can I say? a blockbuster out there, just sharing here and with close friends.

Anyway, the user never really have access to the music files directly and because of that it's fairly easy to remove/add other songs if needed.

I'm from Brazil btw.

Glad you guys liked it.

7. bugsblake

bugsblake

hi lex! really love what you done with the christmas lights in unity! its spot on! im making a game with seasons through the year so it will snow at times of the year! i was thinking of making my house models with christmas decor on them am just have the script render them at the right time being dec! have flashing lights and that on them. now i was just about to look for some ideas on light in unity for making sound to light script and the first page that popped up was this! i was shocked to find just what i need in the first post! lol could i please have this script or project/prefab to use in my game? i would do it my self like most say but am not a scripter but trying to learn! having trouble making indicators flash for my car at the moment so this is a long way off for me! but at least it snows in my game already! :) anyway if you could let me have this you would do more then make my day! :D great job 10/10 thanks

8. omarzonex

omarzonex

wow

fantastic mix

9. Wolfos

Wolfos

Considering you wrapped that in the worst format ever (.rar), I'm guessing that's Windows only?

10. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Lol mate, this is epic one....
    And Wizards in Winter! Awesome...

11. Kokumo

Kokumo

Fuaa!!!!! really fun time with this!

12. Johnny-Photon

Johnny-Photon

Ha! I love it! Maybe a little more color? Great!

13. Avengerxp

Avengerxp

WOW! Just love the idea! I'm trying to create a real time graphic equalizer visulization which will animate according to the sound input or the sound playing on the computer.

Any hints to take on this project?