Search Unity

WTH is this Molvi Ji?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EETechnology, May 30, 2016.

1. EETechnology

EETechnology

Hey guys, I am currently looking to Unity forums and when I click new posts, Theres a bunch of stupid topics with stupid titles, surprisingly ending with "Molvi Ji". The content is usually "fsgsfsgsgsggssgssgsfsfs".

This is really annoying!

2. steego

steego

It's just spam. A moderator is sure to come along and delete it soonish.

Ryiah likes this.
  3. Ryiah

Ryiah

Though it may be a bit longer than normal since today is a US holiday and tomorrow is the start of Unite 2016 in Europe.

4. EETechnology

EETechnology

I know that is a spam! I just was wondering why nobody looked after that! Anyways i now realised that is holiday today :)

5. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Hit report then ignore.

6. Ryiah

Ryiah

You might even be able to skip the report stage with how active a certain moderator is. He'll likely see the spam about as fast as he'd see a report.

Kiwasi likes this.
  7. neginfinity

neginfinity

I routinely see first page of general forum filled with junk (often arabic, sometimes mixed-case english, and on some occasion it was korean). The Ninja Moderator you speak of is apparently living in different timezone.

Kiwasi likes this.
  8. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

If you see spam, hit the report button. Don't reply to it, and when reporting there's no need to write a detailed explanation about why it's spam, just say "spam". Moderators may or may not see spam for various reasons so it's best to report it when you see it. Note that you only need one report per spammer, since the spam button nukes all of their content (from orbit, naturally). The spam filter catches a great deal of spam that you never see, but some gets through because 1) spam filters/machine learning aren't perfect, and 2) spammers are scum who apparently have nothing better to do than sit around all day trying to circumvent spam filters.

--Eric

9. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

I will admit the 10 second wait time between reports is annoying.

But I suppose allowing users to spam the report button would also be self defeating.