Search Unity

Witcher 3 and Unity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted User, May 20, 2015.

1. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

I have an 860 which is also maxwell based. Witcher runs fine, but I've been setting my games to low ever since cod4. I dunno why, I just do. The only game I have ever set to high / best settings was diablo 2 lol.

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

Only information I can find is that HairWorks uses DirectX 11. Kepler cards are supposed to have full DX11 support.

3. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

@Ryiah, it was just a guess but it looks like HairWorks has nothing to do with it. On the flip side, it certainly appears to be a driver issue and NVidia has promised a driver update to fix it.

4. Pix10

Pix10

From what I can gather, while Hairworks uses DX11 there are driver optimisations for Maxwell cards, and more specifically they handle tessellation better (and HairWorks is all about sub-pixel tessellation).

Even on Titan Blacks in SLI it's very unimpressive performance-wise. Some people are forcing the tessellation down in the ini file, I've not tried it. Think I mentioned I prefer it off anyway. Too gimmicky for my tastes.

5. GoGoGadget

GoGoGadget

I'd like to see anyone who can manage to get Unity 5 + Speedtree to handle as many trees + fancy billboard wind stuff that W3 has, apart from that, the graphics are very do-able in U5. I actually thought to myself while playing it, "Hmm, wonder if this would look better with SE Natural Bloom or Paroxe's Eye Adaptation".

6. LaneFox

LaneFox

I don't have a lot of experience with culling but from what I have done with it I did find in working on it is that 1) you can make massive improvements to the framerate with basic implementation and even more with better implementations but you only need to improve the system depending on how big your world is... and 2) you get better results if you mix the culling system with your content design... as in specifically designing the models to compliment and communicate with the culling system so as to make it faster.

Some nice links to papers in this thread, cool stuff.