Search Unity

[WIP] Witches, Heroes and Magic! ( WHAM)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by McSwan, Oct 25, 2014.

1. McSwan

McSwan

Witches, Heroes and Magic!

Game now available on Groupees!
    https://groupees.com/bagb18
    Get it while it's hot!

Demo Now available!
    www.witchesheroes.com/WHAMDemo-Setup.exe
    (676 mb)
    Graphics Options work for a wide variety of machines! Ultra fast is for windows tablets only, and severely changes the quality.
    Choose 1280x960 with "simple graphics" if you have a cheap laptop.
    Choose higher if you have a good computer / video card.

WHAM is now up on Steam green Light!
    Please vote for it Here!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=357426415

Please watch trailer in HD, Fullscreen ;)

Current Website:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Witches-Heroes-and-Magic-WHAM/900411509987289

Witches, Heroes and Magic is a game where you control a single witch who commands mighty armies, and summoned units. The game is real-time and has time slow so you can make strategic decisions, all while fighting on top of an ogre or other creatures. Also features an intuitive and fast battle system where you can choose how to attack and buff by pressing panels above units heads.

Lose your witch and the game is over, so the game is always edgy and risky. She can be sniped off units she has mounted, but she's more difficult to kill. You can stack units on top of each other like other games suck as Kings Bounty or Heores of Might and Magic. This game bring that mechanic into real time.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    zenGarden likes this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

It looks like you have a lot of game play mechanics working properly. Good job.
    I think there is a lot of polishing left to do but you are on a solid path. Keep it up.

Maybe you could add a quick screen flash or something to liven up the slow motion effect.
    Are the character models from POSER?
    They looks oddly similar to poser models which for some reason all seem to have a similar look.

3. McSwan

McSwan

Hi,

- Yes - the core mechanics work well at the moment, so many more ideas I'd like to implement but also would like to finish it as well.
    When time slows, there is a heart beat sound that slowly gets faster as time restores itself. I think the time slow happens to often for a flash. Maybe it was really subtle it could work. Might change the sound though, I have some time warpy sounds that might work well with it. Maybe a subtle change in depth of field might work well too?

Many of the art assets were sourced from the asset store. I've changed the shaders and colours on all of them, to give them a unique feel and look. Also, added a slight bloom and ssoa. Some of them do have that "posery" feel I guess.

4. McSwan

McSwan

Hey,

Made a couple of title screen which one do you think is better ?

5. McSwan

McSwan

6. McSwan

McSwan

Demo Now available!
    www.witchesheroes.com/WHAMDemo-Setup.exe

Graphics Options work for a wide variety of machines! Ultra fast is for windows tablets only, and severely changes the quality.
    Choose 1280x960 with "simple graphics" if you have a cheap laptop.
    Choose higher if you have a good computer / video card.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Wickedfast-Solutions

Wickedfast-Solutions

Hi,

The demo is 676 mb, taking over an hour here.. Does it include a patcher or do I have to re-download the whole thing every time you make a release.

Thanks!

8. McSwan

McSwan

Hi, that is correct. I haven't added a patcher, I'm looking into that now with asset bundles. Let me know what you think. The demo gives you a good taste of the game.

9. Wickedfast-Solutions

Wickedfast-Solutions

Hi McSwan, I didn't spend a lot of time.. but here is my initial reactions.. seems very promising!

- downloading demo failed at 282 mb using chrome
    + was able to download all 686 mbs with jdownloader in about 15 minutes
    - download host wasn't exceptionally speedy at 1.00 MB/s.. I normally get 4.00 MB/s
    + installs and runs in sandboxie with no problems
    - personal taste, but I don't like files like ScreenSelector.bmp files hanging out in the distro.. hide them in an asset file or something
    + running at 2560x1440 with no problems on 3 year old computer
    + love the startup screen special effects
    - dont like the startup screen ui
    - healthbar seems to cover up my face
    - + - buttons hide minimap.. thought it would zoom in and out

holy crap.. dont run into the forest! level 1 agro! entire camp of 30 monsters hunt me down and kill me

this was on casual mode.. maybe dont agro like crazy on the easiest mode

heh

killed the goblin on the bridge, made it into the cave

not sure why.. but couldnt stop casting spells.. cast one spell.. keep casting spells one after another
    and then had to quit.

so far, so fun.. lots of work completed, lots of tweeking to go.

thanks for the demo!

McSwan likes this.
  10. Wickedfast-Solutions

Wickedfast-Solutions

Oh, forgot to mention.. couldn't find a EULA or a license.txt or anything...

You might consider spending 50 bucks at rocketlawyer.com or something

Cheers!

McSwan likes this.
  11. McSwan

McSwan

HA, nice one. Yes you should follow the road, it's a bit easier. If you kill the unit your fighting they automatically attack the next monster ( less clicking ). Sometimes, after killing a unit, the next enemy is too far away and so you keep casting. I'll fix that so they stop after a certain distance away. You can attack another target or heal yourself to stop casting too. Good pick up - must have missed the Eula, I'll add it now - and it's hosted in Sydney Australia, so might be a bit slower/faster depending on where you are.

12. McSwan

McSwan

Fixed the licence thing and they stop casting spells when they get 65 meters away. Thanks for the feedback!

Wickedfast-Solutions likes this.
  13. McSwan

McSwan

14. Ryan_3D

Ryan_3D

If that's made by you i must say it's pity good!

15. McSwan

McSwan

Yes, it took me about 10 months and cost $5000. I worked a different job during the day ;) It was fun to play in development and I tried to fix any issues as I went along. This gave me a lot of motivation to get the game working from beginning to end. I'll still making tweaks though.

Ryan_3D likes this.