Search Unity

[WIP] WarZ 3D - Top 10 Leaderboard / Ingame shop / User system [APK/PC] *APK UPDATED 11/06/16*

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Durins-Bane, May 5, 2016.

1. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

Hello all!
    The game is based on waves that get increasingly difficult with more zombies spawning each round.
    As the waves increase so do the zombies damage per hit and their running speed.
    I have added a new user login/registering system. You can now save your level, exp, position, gold etc!
    To register just enter a username, password & email and you're done!

Please leave any feedback / criticism below, let me know anything that can be improved or added :)

On PC
    Use B to lock/unlock mouse, then the menu/pause button opens the highscores, shop, save button and it also pauses the game

Google App Store listing
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.NWGStudio.WARZ

PC Download
    WAR Z 3D - Download PC [UPDATED 25/05/2016]

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    RavenOfCode likes this.
  2. Sky Ark

Sky Ark

Be aware that there has already been a game titled War Z that received a cease and desist from Behomedia Interactive for infringing on their trademark of Day Z. They were forced to change their name to Infestation: Survivor Stories So be prepared for that. Lawyer up.

Rombie likes this.
  3. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  4. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

Few screenshots from the latest update
    Screenshot_2016-05-19-22-28-54.png Screenshot_2016-05-19-22-26-18.png Screenshot_2016-05-19-22-25-04.png

5. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

The game looks really cool, I haven't had time to play it yet but from the screenshots, you need a much, much better UI. On the top left, that panel (Stats Level, Health, Ammo etc...) is a total mess. I'm sorry to be that harsh but it is a complete mess that won't be good on mobile as the screens are much smaller. You need to make that text much larger and spread it out around different parts of the screen.

Also add a skybox, why just a black sky? You can get stars for free on the Asset Store. It will add a lot more realistic feel in about 3 minutes of work.

What's up with the extremely low resolution models and ground? You can get much higher definition models for free on SketchUp Warehouse. At least use tiling for the ground so it is higher resolution. Perhaps instead of just brown on the ground, put some roads and bushes...

Overall looks like a cool idea, I'll play it later. Keep up the good work!

Durins-Bane likes this.
  6. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

Thanks for your reply really appreciate it, honestly I want people to be as harsh as possible to give me some ideas. I will look into those things now and see what I can do :)

There is actually a skybox but I had to lower the view so that it would run on low end devices I only have an Xperia E3 to test it on at the minute and it lags a little when there are more than 10 zombies in view, this wont be there in the new PC version and it will have higher texture res :)

The UI I have no idea what to do with it, I dont really know where to start. It should scale though with the size of the screen its set to be scaled to 720p on all devices so should be the same size as above, I will try to find a few more phones to test it on.

Im trying to build a new PC version now which should be a bit better and work on touchscreen laptops I will post a link soon, I've had mobile as a priority over PC but I can easily spawn 200+ zombies with no real lag at these settings on PC in the editor

RavenOfCode likes this.
  7. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

8. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

Actually you did some things very, very well, like the log-in screen is very cool, and so are the animations. I like the very fast gameplay, keeps things fun! However you should also make the sensitivity of the shoot joystick adjustable, on my Samsung tab 3 7.0 is it way too sensitive. Also the reload and auto-fire buttons throw me off as auto-fire keeps shooting forever, wasting ammo and making me reload. Would be nice if auto-fire would shoot only when I'm aiming at a zombie. Perhaps some raycasting could work here.

As for the UI, you can simply scale it based on the screen size, or pin things to different corners. On my 7-inch tablet the buttons were fine, looked pretty much like the screenshots you posted. Perhaps add an upgrade system so the player can get better guns? A story perhaps?

The Xperia E3 is a pretty low end device, so if the game runs fine on that it should run on anything. Had no issues with performance on my tablet. Perhaps make some loading screens as it is a bit strange to press the "play" button then wait 10 seconds... wondering if the game has crashed or is loading.

Performance is perhaps the hardest part of developing a game. I LOVE the Unity Profiler as it shows what is using too much CPU power. Most people use it while having a device plugged in, but it seems to give the same results without being plugged into an Android device. In my project I had over 70% of the CPU wasted on Update functions in my scripts, making me re-write a lot of scripts.

You should still be able to see a skybox though... here is the project I'm working on right now (once I get a usable version I'll post a link to the APK). The game is a bit more complicated as it has expensive tasks such as explosions, AI for the enemies, physics for the cars and collisions with other objects. However after a lot of optimization of the terrain I was able to get around 25-35 FPS on my tablet.

Keep up the good work!!!

RavenOfCode likes this.
  9. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

Cheers for the reply again :) I will take another look at it tonight and see what I can get done

quick edit you can turn auto fire off if you hit it again ill make the button change so that its more obvious how it works :) Just going to add sensitivity to the menus now and see how it goes.

Also if you press menu there is already an in game store for new guns, upgrades/things to unlock

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  10. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

11. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

Added look sensitivity, skybox, increased clipping plane, few tweaks to environment to increase performance on mobiles

RavenOfCode likes this.
  12. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

Still looking for ideas if anyone can help :)