Search Unity

[WIP] Top-Down RPG style game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Dannark, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Dannark

Dannark

Hi everybody this is my first Thread here so I hope everything is right ;D
    So do you guys remember Zelda from the Snes?

That was one of the games I most had fun ever, I've planning to do something like that since I was a little kid, now i'm gonna bring it alive finally.

I will be updating this thread every weak, and I would love to hear what you guys thing of it, How to improve it or things that you don't like and should modify or remove. Oh and I'm doing this alone and my modeling skills aren't good so please don't expect awesome graphics at moment thx. ;)
    This game will be for Android and PC platforms for both English and Portuguese languages.

About the game
    This game like I said is going to be something similar to Zelda but with more RPG spirit inside, there will be pluzzes, mazes and things hidden like items and quests to unlock 100% of the end game.

I have no plans to do a totally new kind of game with lots of differential and all that.
    This game i will be very simple (otherwise I wouldn't be able to finish it alone).

The history
    The game will be mainly focused on the history, which is still in progress but basically there are going to be 7 artifact very protected and hidden in 7 kingdoms which you will have to collect them to be able to beat the final boss, Every kingdom will have its own element type, the fire kingdom is going to be placed in a vulcan, the water kingdom is going to be in somewhere under the ocean, the wind kingdom a huge island floating on the sky etc...

Each artifact you collect you get a new skill, which will be useful when beating specific boss in another kingdom. For example the kingdom of water will give you some useful skills to beat the kingdom of fire, and you are free to choose which kingdom you want to start. (Something similar to the boss system of the megaman games)

And finally the player will also have skills and elements, you will only be able to choose one elements at first, and a second one after you rich lets say lv 50. (With good combinations you will get special skills, if you choose wind + water you may get ice skills, or if you choose fire + earth = magma and so one.

Here is a short movie on youtube what I've done so far:

at_01.png

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    theANMATOR2b, welby and mgear like this.
  2. Dannark

Dannark

New video update

Some of those skills are just for testing.