Search Unity

[WIP] The Seeker (Preview)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by VisualTech48, May 25, 2016.

1. VisualTech48

VisualTech48

Hello everyone! - 0.005 - Alpha / 27.6 - Greenlight
    Currently after 2 and a half months of developing The Seeker, I've reached a point where I must ask You good people all over the world, to set which game elements should I keep and which to discard. Thus asking here for your most valued feedback that would conclude and shape the game to your suggestions.

Greenlight link.
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-seeker2

About the game:
    You, as the little abandoned drone called: The Seeker, are waken up many years after the Great Galactic War in a simple quest of finding your owner. This 3D Adventure/Horror game is inspired by Affordable Space Adventures, which was all about exploring in an unknown areas rather than just finishing the mare goal. Just like ASA, you have to avoid enemies, turrets, alarms and other things seeking to destroy you in this SCI-Fi environment.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1fo8pueuf8v8k0/The_Seeker_005.rar?dl=0
    Here is the game Trailer finnaly:

The_Seeker_005 2016-06-26 20-04-44-58.png

Gameplay:
    Through the game you'll encounter various barriers; Other drones, alarm systems, etc. That will try to slice you in more pieces, the better. You, The Seeker, need
    to find the exit out of this man made hell, you'll collect points, enjoy the scenery and the music that caputures the essence and the beauty of destruction intertwined
    with human and robotic lefovers.

Controls (There is a tutorial in game):
    Basic and simple.
    - W/S/A/D - To move
    - Mouse click - To open doors
    - Press F - Flashlight
    - Press Q - Main Power
    - Space- Power Source (Green Light)
    The_Seeker_005 2016-06-26 20-05-18-46.png The_Seeker_005 2016-06-26 20-04-37-69.png
    Keep in mind: To successfully hide, you need to disable both your lights!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  2. Haagndaaz

Haagndaaz

Do you have a video of gameplay? I think this looks interesting though, somewhat cute yet also anxious atmosphere from what I see in the images, which I think goes well for a game like this

VisualTech48 likes this.
  3. VisualTech48

VisualTech48

I would really like to make a video but my PC isn't the greates for capturing such a thing, so in week or so I'll make a video, and to cover up the lack of it I made a download if anyone wants to try it.

Thanks once again!

4. Haagndaaz

Haagndaaz

Try Open Broadcaster, it is a free program that I use for capturing video, it is quite fast and moderately easy to use

5. VisualTech48

VisualTech48

Thanks! Will try it now

6. Danielx64

Danielx64

Just downloaded to take a look, for some reason this reminds me of Demented. Not sure why though, maybe that some of it feels the same?

7. VisualTech48

VisualTech48

Yeah I still went for the SCI-FI look with the "glows" of some sort, but it is in a completely different style regarding somethings like the lightning in general

Danielx64 likes this.
  8. VisualTech48

VisualTech48

Haagndaaz and sfjohansson like this.
  9. VisualTech48

VisualTech48

Development Log - 28/6/2016 -

After some hard testing I fixed the turrets bullets passing through some walls, and added a new upgrade for the Seeker, to add walls which can block bullets and stop enemies in its track. They can be destroyed though :p

Its highly expensive as it cost not only energy but points as well, making it usable up to 2 times in one game making it a high risk - high reward upgrades, that can be used very effectively against all threats.

For the sake of the development the Green Lines are bullet trails. Hope you enjoy!
    Greenlight link: http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-seeker2