Search Unity

[WIP] The Kingdom of Vegetable: Mr. Pear's Adventure

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Werthuzad, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Werthuzad

Werthuzad

Hi guys,

I would like to share with you about my game i'm currently working on. It is my first game and I'm working on it alone. So all tips and advices are welcome!

Here is some information about it:

Genre: 2D Platformer
    Platform: Windows Phone 8 (For now.)
    Number of levels: 20 (I have already created 15 of them. Every 5 levels different type of art and new enemies. Each level takes about 1-2 minutes to complete.)

Goal of each level is to collect 50 coins to unlock the next one. In level 1, the player is starting with three lives. More lives can be obtained by defeating all enemies in every single level. These lives are then transferred to the next level. To make it a little harder I added health bars. Player's health can be renewed by several first aid kits in each level.

Later I will add some video here. Until then, I'm looking forward to your suggestions and advices (about game mechanics, art, or marketing, etc...)

Cheers,
    Ján

Some screenshots..

picture01.png picture02.png picture03.png

GarBenjamin likes this.
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Looks like a great game. Nice idea with the veggies. Gives it a unique element. Also sounds like solid game play. Somewhat similar to my WIP platformer as far as level progression goal of collecting a certain number of items. Your graphics look quite nice. Colorful, clean and the characters seem to have some... character.

3. Werthuzad

Werthuzad

Thank you. I tried to keep the gameplay simple, since it is a mobile game. So it shouldn't be much difficult for players. Now i have to finish the last 5 levels then i have to make some sound effects and music..Do you have some experience with it, or do you know some good articles about it?

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Nice & clean looking game.
    Check the asset store for sound fx and music.

5. Werthuzad

Werthuzad

Thanks, I'll look for it there.