Search Unity

WIP Stone Age Survivor

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by LeoNerd95, Jul 28, 2014.

1. LeoNerd95

LeoNerd95

Logo Stone Age Survivor.png Hi everyone,

I'm developing the game called "Stone Age Survivor" with a small team. We are 2 programmers, 1 grafic-artist, 1 composer and 2 sound-designers.
    The player awakens in a world full of animals, dinosaurs and plants, with which he can interact. The player collects plants and hunts animals, which will drop certain items such as meat or skin. The player will then be able to craft useful gadgets such as weapons from wood and stone or food from various plants. These newly crafted items will increase the player's chance of survival. Not only has the player to deal with hostile animals, but also he can get himself killed by simply eating off the wrong plant.
    The main focus in the beginning, however, needs to be on plain survival. As soon as your hunger or thirst bar drops to zero, the game is over. In Stone Age Survivor even basic tasks such as making a fire can become a challenge.
    From a third-person/first-person point of view the player wanders around the lovingly created world and looks for handy items. Having dealt with the basic issues like not starving to death, the base building can begin. Building a wall out of wood for instance keeps hostile NPCs like lions or dinosaurs from entering the player's base and harming him.
    Every move the player makes should be well planned and thought-out, because the death of the player will reset the game entirely.
    But can we ever be certain that there are only animals and dinosaurs hidden in the depths of the world.

I'm looking forward for some good feedbacks!

Cheers

Leo

Links:
    Homepage
    Youtube
    Facebook

SAS_Bild.jpg
    4inventar.jpg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. r8-Bit-Ape

r8-Bit-Ape

Hey! The concept art looks cool. You should insert as full images though, the thumbnails are tiny!

3. LeoNerd95

LeoNerd95

Hi Thank you for the feedback. The pictures are bigger now :)

4. Archania

Archania

Concept seems good. The one screen shot of what I take as the inventory screen seems ok. Now to work on mechanics and getting your plans in action. So until then not much else can be commented on.
    Keep at it.

Note: I don't click external links. So if you have game play videos on it, I would never know.

5. LeoNerd95

LeoNerd95

Hi Archania,

Thank you for your feedback! We are working hard to getting our plans in action! We're looking forward to realease a demo version this october, to test the mechanics and to have feedbacks from future customers.

Why you don't click on external links?

6. Archania

Archania

I hate Facebook to begin with. And to showcase something that you are doing should be in the thread to keep it together instead of having people click here, there and everywhere to learn or see what you are doing.
    You want to show what you are doing instead of a wall of txt with nothing but a link.
    Gotta get people excited for what you are doing! Show your work! then if they want to read more about it (which again is probably a wall of txt, they will click the link) but to be honest.. i really don't care about you, your company (if it is a legit company) or how you drink your coffee at the office. I want to see gameplay, screen shots, etc here in this thread.
    Don't being mean but I'm tired of people plastering a wall of txt then CLICK HERE FOR MORE! ah NO. If you can't show some effort posting things like that in here, why should i should you the effort clicking on your links?

7. LeoNerd95

LeoNerd95

I've uploaded a short gameplay video, but i do'nt understand your hate. Why do you answering in my thread when you don't care about our game? But its your opinion and i respect that.

I hope you like the video. :)

Cheers

8. Archania

Archania

Ah I'm interested in seeing more from you. The concept art is fantastic.
    Thanks for the video. Keep going.

9. Fluzing

Fluzing

Looks nice, but killing a lion with four hits with a blunt axe?

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

And why does the lion drop a magic flute?

Fluzing likes this.
  11. LeoNerd95

LeoNerd95

We're working on the melee system. In future versions the lion will be much stronger. And the item he drops is a bone, but we've not finished the model so far. :)

12. LeoNerd95

LeoNerd95

Hi everyone,

We are still trying to fill some positions in our team.

We are searching for:
    • 3D Artist and/or Animator
    • Enviroment Artist
    What we can offer:
    • Royalties (% from future revenues)
    • Shown in Credits on our Homepage, in-game and more
    • You can from from home!
    • And the most important thing: a lot of fun!
    If you are interested in working in a small team and your like our project answer below or send us an email to:

info@stoneagesurvivor.com

Cheers,

Lars from Stone Age Survivor

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  13. Taff-in-Exile

Taff-in-Exile

Looks interesting, cant wait to see more :)