Search Unity

[WIP] Star Space Battle - IOS game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Fluzing, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Fluzing

Fluzing

Hi All,

I thought I'd show you what I am working on. Star Space Battles (working title) is a battler type game. Players have a ship with a unique load out and use this ship to fight against other players. The battles are completely automated and last a maximum of 30 seconds. After a win, the player receives new equipment and some cash to buy more weapons and ship designs. Currently, the plan is to make it possible for players to lose their ships when they lose in order to keep the economy going. As the player levels up, there will be more weapons available and better ships with more slots for weapons, defensive modules and utility modules.

The load out screen:

Some battles:

The HUD works as follows: Blue is shield, Green is armor, which turns yellow if the hull is exposed. Red is the hull status, which starts to blink when the hull is about to breach.

Right now I am designing a good matching system to put players against another player of similar level and ship. The game will also include a global ranking system based on wins per ship and overall wins.

The game will be released for IPad and IPhone.

I'd like to know what you all think.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  2. casperjeff

casperjeff

I love the idea of 'autonomous' fighting - after loadout (and maybe even 'training)....
    looking good!!

3. Fluzing

Fluzing

Thank you. What do you mean with training? I am still trying to come up with a decent leveling system that actually has some meaning to it.

4. casperjeff

casperjeff

Training - making it more than just ship/weapons/loadout - you actually take time to 'train' your autonomous pilot maneuvers, firing patterns - I dunno....
    The more you train it the more it performs these activities during battles - hence better results.

5. Fluzing

Fluzing

I thought about things like that, but those are really complex and I doubt they add a lot of depth. The problem with mechanics like that us that there is always a best way of doing it. I am hoping the slots are enough variety for players to keep playing.

6. LordDooms

LordDooms

Graphically, I think this looks awesome. Great job! I love the ship models, weapons, flash of shields. Inspiring thanks!