Search Unity

Games WIP Small Works Game / Programming Thread

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Tim-C, Aug 6, 2012.

1. TheBlackBox

TheBlackBox

Hehe, I love it :)

2. Kona

Kona

I've created some code to dismember characters in my game and felt like updating it. Also created a tool to ease the Prefab setup and management. :) I use texture cliping to hide predefined vertice groups, (That I can create, manage and edit in the tool.), with the tool I can also save images that paint red lines on the uv for the vertices in the selected triangle Group so I can easily see what vertices are hidden in Blender, and then create damage models.

At runtime I change uv positions of the vertices affected by the Group to be in a clip-zone and each character corpse use a shader that clips the texture.
    Finally I add the damage model and merge it with the character model.

Trollpants and CDMcGwire like this.
  3. tongarr

tongarr

Just wanted to show you guys the drawing mechanic from our upcoming game!

GTGD, Altered and Mister-D like this.
  4. glovv

glovv

Hey all, I am currently working on getting a framework together for a 2.5D platformer and wanted to share it with you all. This is just an early version of the framework, but shows off some of the things I plan on having in the game (moving platforms, blocks that can crush you, etc). I would definitely take any feedback you would like to give, and let me know if you have any questions!

5. PenguinEmporium

PenguinEmporium

Hey ya'll and welcome to the Pengui.....aw crap I mean...... I'm designing my first big project. The reason I'm posting here first is because I'm not ready to give screenshots or updates yet. But to give the run down, it will be a dynamic detective game set in an Animal Crossing esq world.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  6. Whalepork

Whalepork

Hello everyone, i recently started a new project with a big focus on ragdolls and physics interaction. The video is mainly to show off the objects breaking into parts if they are hit too hard. There's still a lot that i need to add but here's a video:

7. Jim_West

Jim_West

Had some time to work a bit on my project, made a small bomb (modelled in Blender).
    Its using the standard Toon\Lighted shader but with a custom ramp texture

AndrewGrayGames and GarBenjamin like this.
  8. RiokuTheSlayer

RiokuTheSlayer

So, this is a pretty typical kind of effect, but I really like it. It's Bigger On The inside, in Unity Free. This took about two weeks of looking around for an efficient, working version.

I'm gunna tweak around with this more, obviously. The traveling between the inside and outside isn't quite seamless yet, so I need to work on that. Overall, though, I'm super happy with how it looks

Divinux and Kona like this.
  9. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

Cool Tardis :D Made me wonder how you did it, though I think I just came up with a way to do it, don't know if it's the same as yours... I might try it out, just for the challenge :)

10. RiokuTheSlayer

RiokuTheSlayer

Well for one, no render textures. It's just clever layering trickery.

11. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

I was working on the Ruins of Feldhold, an early short dungeon that will be used in the main storyline. It's a location that you go to in order to find a piece of what will be Sara's ultimate "weapon", the reforged Ancile.

However, I didn't want a straight dungeon dash, that's boring. And, this is an eastern RPG, so there's (now adjustable) random battles. What I decided players would expect from a location guarding part of an ancient artifact capable of saving the world...was Disco Tile Puzzles!

Cue the music.

SaraR-5.png
    Pictured: The initial state. The currently-active tile is gold, and ones the player can activate are orange.
    SaraR-6.png
    Pictured Here: A completed Disco Tile puzzle. This unlocks the nearby door, and serves to introduce the mechanic. The multicolored tiles are 'passed' tiles, and their color alternates every half second. In theory, I could make the colors alternate faster, if I hated my players. I don't.

It's a neat bit of code. First, each puzzle has its own manager, with child Disco Tiles that are discovered on Scene Start. The active tile is determined, and its neighboring tiles get put in an 'activatable' state. When the player steps on an activatable tile, the old active tile becomes a 'passed' tile, its neighbors that aren't passed get set back to untouched, the current tile gets activated, and the new current tile's neighbors become activatable. The part that isn't implemented, is when all the tiles are either passed or active, all of the 'consequence' tiles have some effect called on them, so that the player is able to continue their progress.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  12. Chaosgod_Esper

Chaosgod_Esper

Working in the basic movement of my 2D Sidescroller Hack n'Slay.

13. Marceta

Marceta

Working on crossy road clone, movement testing.

14. TIDG3Y

TIDG3Y

Gameplay1.png I am working on a top down stealth-like game and would appreciate any feedback. I have only done 1 level and have thought about adding different "enemies" such as dogs or security camera's. All the work is either my own or a friends input.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3xi2q8w6531kcd0/Stealth.rar

MainMenu.png Gameplay5.png Gameplay3.png Gameplay2.png ACH]

GarBenjamin likes this.
  15. Slaghton

Slaghton

I'm working on a player housing/construction system. I'm sort of a mediocre scripter still but I can manage to make some ok scripts given enough time looking up references and examples. It's currently using unity's networking with rpcs so people can log in and build a simple structure together right now.

I'll need to add stairs and tweak how it all works so i can get multiple stories. Then when that's done i'll upgrade my furniture models while being wary of draw call lag.

16. RiokuTheSlayer

RiokuTheSlayer

That's really cool, actually.

17. RiokuTheSlayer

RiokuTheSlayer

My second post here! It's a game I may or may not be working on for all eternity, and then release as the world catches fire.

Regardless, another use of the portal effect, which I've refined quite a bit to work much better than it used to, both with teleporting and visuals. I barely saw any problems in that video, or even while casually playing, besides the objects-being-half-way-through it thing. Which is going to be a pain to implement correctly...

The theme of the game is supposed to be four dimensions (The two rooms with only slightly different layouts.) + basic Quantum Physics (The freezing objects in place, and to-be-planned features.).

18. Slaghton

Slaghton

I think i see what you're doing. That's pretty cool =)

19. Gealous

Gealous

The recent Extra Credits series sort of made me want to make a mobile game which I've been building these last three days. Sorry, this is sort of a "minimum viable product". I tried to make winning and losing slightly more intuitive with generic sound effects. I'd like to know if it's even playable in its current state. The three circles are probably super confusing but I'd like to figure out exactly why.
    • The object of the game is to make the red circle fill as much of the eye as possible within the time limit. The maximum score is 1000.
    • Get a bonus by making the orange circle fill the eye completely.
    • Tap the screen to make the purple circle bigger. The orange circle will grow quickly if the purple one is large.
    • If you're greedy and make the purple circle fill the eye, you lose time.

Here's the .apk file. Open it on an Android device to install.

20. Legit Tactical

Legit Tactical

21. RiokuTheSlayer

RiokuTheSlayer

Reminds me of an old game called Bloxzors or something..... You had a limited number of moved to flop this block around and try to land it upright on the end tile.

22. Legit Tactical

Legit Tactical

Ah I never heard of it.

23. RiokuTheSlayer

RiokuTheSlayer

It was a small flash game. It's just how the block moves around, it reminded me of it. Good luck!

24. Legit Tactical

Legit Tactical

Thanks! You too!

25. bart_the_13th

bart_the_13th

Just testing a floor reflection... Supposedly to be mobile friendly, and working on free version

26. CDMcGwire

CDMcGwire

Like the Kirby game, correct? Neat

I'm interested in how you went about implementing the line drawing. One game I would like to make involves writing a letter on a touchscreen and saving the result in it's exact form, so eventually I'm going to have to research that kind of process. Like Ye Olde MS Paint.

27. CDMcGwire

CDMcGwire

Hello!

I was recently doing some tests for a Mobile Game I intend to make and decided to package the results as a deliverable experience. I posted it to Kongregate to see how that works and thought I'd share it. Should provide a couple of chuckles. When you get to the end, you'll have to hit an answer button twice to bring the end screen. Dumb coding oversight that I'll avoid in future releases.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/GoodLifeMyDeluxe/simple-web-text-adventure

Turns out, creating a unique prompt for every response creates an exponentially increasing work load! In this case, 4^n+1 amount of 180 character limit prompts to write, where 'n' is the number of times the player may respond. I already understood this to some extent, but now I'm much more aware of how to factor dialogue functions into project size.

28. IAmCraigSnedeker

IAmCraigSnedeker

29. petipois26

petipois26

30. CDMcGwire

CDMcGwire

It seems that the platforms take a bit too long to become visible, leaving player decisions to guess work. Is this something you are already aware of, or did it not work correctly for me specifically? Maybe working on the snappiness of the jumping would help too, or being able to jump at varying heights.

Like the aesthetic!

31. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Had the same experience. The platforms popped in at about the middle of the screen. And yes it does have a good down on the farm vibe to it.

32. petipois26

petipois26

I am aware of the issue. I will fix that. Thanks for your feedback.

CDMcGwire likes this.
  33. seremonik

seremonik

Hey Guys!
    Me and my friend are working on FPS with Voxels in it!
    Work name: Zombie Voxel
    Game will be a Survival with endless waves of zombie to deal with!
    We are planning to add big amount of weapons, like flamethrower and lasers!
    Tell us what you think!

34. CDMcGwire

CDMcGwire

That's neat! Looks like how I always wanted zombie killing work.
    One Tip: Let's work on that title! I do understand it's a WIP, but in the genre you're shooting for, this will make or break your game's promotion. The title needs to sell that there is something extra special about this game. Zombie Voxel is the name of a game component. Anything with the word Zombie in it is over used. Or Z. Don't put a Z anywhere in the title, me thinks.

Maybe, Lead Rippers, or Rotted Flesh, or Anatomy of a Kill (is that a movie already?). Something that implies that it's about epic zombie dismemberment without explicitly stating Voxel Zombie Dismemberment the Video Game. Actually, I would buy that last one on a Steam sale.

35. seremonik

seremonik

Thank you very much for your feedback!
    And thank you for your tip! We will definitely reconsider the name :)

36. jorisshh

jorisshh

37. IAmCraigSnedeker

IAmCraigSnedeker

38. RiokuTheSlayer

RiokuTheSlayer

That's actually pretty cool, nice work.

39. jorisshh

jorisshh

40. IAmCraigSnedeker

IAmCraigSnedeker

Thank you! I wish the quality of the GIF wasn't so awful though.

41. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Hey, I'm not really sure if this is worth sharing, but what the hell.

I was fiddle-farting with Unity 5 and decided to make a Descent type Character controller. Very crude, and very disorientating. Your can try it here.

W & S - Forward and Back
    A & D - Strafe left and right
    Shift & Space - Bob (up and down)
    Q & E - Yole (tilt left and right)
    Mouse Y - Pitch
    Mouse X - Turn

42. piranha9

piranha9

Hello,

I got this neat little thingy here I wanted to show to you. It's nothing serious, more like a poc for creating physical controlled / animated characters.
    There are no animations used, everything is handled by physics.
    It's still in a very early stage, but since I found it pretty funny, I decided to share it ;)

Actually nothing much to do in there, just watch how these cute crabs play with their balls.
    You can move around with A / D and jump/float with space.
    Mousewheel zooms in and out, and by pressing "n" you can spawn some more crabs (just be careful not to spawn crabs at the same position because physic will freak out)

I really like the interaction between the crabs and the playful character created by the physics.
    Not sure if it's possible to create a game out of it, but this wasn't my intention in the first place.

Have fun with it and leave a comment if you like it!

http://lagerhalle.myds.me/happycrab/happycrab

Cheers,
    Andre

CDMcGwire likes this.
  43. Trollpants

Trollpants

Looks awesome! Reminds me of the old Dismemberment mod for Garrys mod. So much fun...

44. immersiveGamer

immersiveGamer

Hi there!

I've been making a personal tool in Unity to create animations for sprites. I wanted a really simple way to add animation so made this tool. Some one suggested that I should think about providing the tool to other developers. So what do you think? Would any of you be interested in a tool like this? Anyone want me to continue to develop this and maybe provide it on the unity asset store or for free? Anyone have any feedback about this project or what I should do? Thanks!

I did a post on my dev blog to show it off some. https://immersivegamer.wordpress.com/2015/03/11/anisprite-a-unity-animation-tool/

Here is gif showing some of the animations I did

and a screen shot of the editor interface

45. HolBol

HolBol

Well it's taken a while, but I managed to solve my per-character styling problem on the typewriter effect script.

I'm far more excited than I should be.

46. immersiveGamer

immersiveGamer

Decided to release AniSprite for free. Going to upload it to the asset store. Made a trailer today. Enjoy!

TheValar and CDMcGwire like this.
  47. Altered

Altered

That looks awesome!

48. Altered

Altered

Just started with Unity, working on a 2D cat survival game. You use tilt controls, and powerups will be on the side. Right now the cat can shoot, but I can't make the cars recognize a hit and explode.... If you have any ideas, let me know!
    Gameplay Gif: http://i.imgur.com/oc853pQ.gifv

49. ik1602

ik1602

Hello,
    we have begun working on Spells System which is part of Diabolic RPG Inventory, a system that will be delivered as whole package together with art (full res PSD),code, example and help file.This is our latest update
    You can see our work in our blog and find updates on Twitter @GrimGamesStudio

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      167.1 KB
      Views:
  50. jorisshh

jorisshh