Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games WIP Small Works Game / Programming Thread

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Tim-C, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Is it a witch? Also, what's the knight doing with a candy-cane lance during Halloween? :p Anyways, keep up the good work!

- Chris

2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

It actually starts out paused. Press P to resume and start the game. There should be a little blurb below the game box with that bit and some other info. ;)

3. ossosso

ossosso

Hi!
    I'd like to show to you this "simple" work:

I'm totally new in Unity, never used before, I work with 3dsmax and V-Ray for Architectural Visualization, and I'd like to create also realtime virtual tour of my projects.

Obviously I have some questions (probably noob questions) which will help me to make faster and better the workflow of transferring the scene from 3ds max to Unity.

I've tried a post but anyone answer it.

Can I ask to you a place where new users can ask?
    I really no need to know how to blow up the kitchen or let Hulk leave the bathroom...

Thank you for watching.

4. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

5. Watapax

Watapax

Hello Community this is a rhythm battle game that i been working on, this is the first prototype just to test the mechanics. Later i will replace that boxes with real enemies running to you.

screenshot.jpg

WebPlayer: http://www.tipografico.cl/pelea2/
    turn on the audio

Controls: Q: blue W: green E: red ------- P: blue O: green I: red
    Press SpaceBar to play
    R: to Reset

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  6. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

New build of my Sara the Shieldmage prototype!

You can play it here

Controls: A/D - Move, Space - Jump, F - Cast spells while held down, LMB - Actually cast a spell, Z - Interact

I finally implemented the mana expansion in the chest, but more importantly I redesigned the spell UI, and added some music using my new set of soundfonts. There's also an Item Get stinger, too! I also made the Hall of Spikes more challenging, but kept it beatable. Try getting across in one go, without taking any damage. It is possible.

What can I improve with this?

7. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

First off, let me be the first to welcome you to the Unity community!

Quite impressive! Honestly, if I didn't know better, I would literally think that was real and not on a computer! You can make some great things by adding your skills to the powerful Unity engine.

About noob questions, you can make a thread for the question. Some questions take time for an answer to sprout out, but I know from personal experience that getting that burning question answered is worth the wait.

- Chris

AndrewGrayGames likes this.
  8. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Alright back with another update. Because there was no interest in the offer I threw out earlier today, after mowing the lawn I just chilled out a bit and enjoyed my time off. ;)

This evening I spent two hours working on my little Genesis/SNES retro style platform game. :)

Left and Right Arrow keys to move
    X to Jump
    . Hold to jump a little higher. Press Left or Right first then press X to jump further horizontally.
    C to Attack. Currently this is only throwing stones. You start with 50 of them in this W.I.P.
    P to Pause / Resume the game.

Collect all of the treasures and the key appears.
    Collect the key and the door opens.

Enjoy!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  9. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Hey Asvarduil,

I checked out your game again today. I really like the graphics style and the concept. However, I found it very difficult to control. In fact, I never managed to make it further than walking to the edge conjuring up one block, jumping on it then dying because the block faded out before I was able to conjure another to hop on.

Maybe it is just me but I found the controls very unintuitive. I think maybe if hitting F would select the block spell (kind of like it does currently) and then clicking the left mouse button would cast the block at the selected position that could work. But I needed to hold F and click the left mouse and deal with D to move right and space to jump and it just seemed like too many controls going on.

Like I said, maybe it is just me but I think if the controls were easier it would probably be a lot of fun.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  10. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

This is some interesting feedback.

Someone else (earlier) told me the opposite, which was why I switched it to a hold-F to cast setup. It's sounding like that needs to be an option menu thing; it seems some players prefer holding F to cast on an as-needed basis, while others (e.g. you) like my original setup where you turn on spell casting mode, cast a spell (which, turns of spellcasting mode), or hit F to cancel spell mode.

Or is there a third option I'm not seeing, such that it's not necessary to create a setting?

Also, some feedback from the GameJolt community was to extend the time of the block's existence by a small amoutn (about 0.5sec), because one of the problems is that your mana regen and block despawn timers are on the same interval. Having a longer block despawn timer would help players, because you'd have a window where you could summon a new block. Does this idea partially agree with what you experienced in this prototype?

In addition, GameJolt's people told me the physics seem a bit 'abrupt', that I should turn down the effect of both the jumps and gravity, so that the player has more time to process what's going on. Does that sound like a good idea?

11. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Everything that GameJolt said sounds smart. I had the same problem that @GarBenjamin had with too many controls at once. For a third option......... all I could suggest is to either allow the player to assign the controls they want or to have controls that are easiest to use (ie. how WASD are used because they are all next to each other and the movement feels natural). It's very hard to constantly be switching controls, especially if they are not comfortable to use.

- Chris

12. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Alright, so today was the first time I played your game and I like the concept. I really have to diss the jumping physics. You should add more agility while mid-air because you may not always have the chance to do an run and jump before the snake gets you, so it would be nice if you could more move while in the air. That's really the only complaint I have. Maybe a more interesting background for the final build. I wouldn't mind the smallest platforms being a little bit larger, just to give a little more leeway to move and collect the treasure (this especially applies to the platform with the door).

With this said, you're making great progress! Keep it up! :)

- Chris

GarBenjamin likes this.
  13. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

THANKS for the feedback! I appreciate it very much!

Very glad to hear the player needs more in air control! I actually had more control available and toned it down. lol

I hate the "floaty" low gravity physics I see in most modern games. Every time I see that floaty movement I think "are we on the moon?" So... I strived for more realism with my jump and fall while at the same time keeping it fun. Obviously, the player wouldn't get the hang time he currently has or be able to jump so high or far in real life but that is fine for the game because it is fun. The jumping "slide along the bottom of a platform' mechanic is the same way. Not realistic but I want the player to be able to jump over some enemies and obstacles. It's a fun mechanic. And still overall at least, I think the game doesn't feel like it is in a low G environment.

I will adjust the physics tonight to provide more control in air.

The platform size and such are just a test layout so I had something to code against for the interactions (collision detection reaction) and are definitely subject to change.

I wish the Unity polygon colliders wrapped the enemies tighter but it is what it is. Unless I create my own system to manually map a polygon collider to the sprite images I can't do anything about it. The Unity polygon collider follows the image (for the most part) with some very large gaps around the actual image data. I am not sure why but I would guess either there is a bug in their algorithm or else they are trying to optimize by reducing the # of points.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to check out the game and give me your feedback.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  14. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Feedback is very helpful. About the low G environment, in numerous platformers like these, the gravity/physics aren't that realistic because the developers are going for optimal control rather than realism. What's the point of having a realistic game that you can't control! :p It's just that I had a lot of trouble jumping from platform to platform. Having a little more agility in air will help a lot.

Yeah, I figured the platform sizes and plain background were placeholders for testing.

I've had a similar problem with the polygon colliders in my game, Swimmy. With me, when I first add a polygon collider to the object, it, for the most part wraps around the object pretty well. The problem I have is when I adjust the size, change the sprite or rotate the object after adding the polygon collider, the collider does not change to fit the changed image, so you have to remove the current polygon collider and equip a new one each time you change the image. I hope the Unity team resolves this issue with the 4.6 release! As a suggestion, instead of using the polygon colliders, you could use the edge collider, but this would not be ideal as it would be a real pain in the ass! With the edge collider, you would have to manually wrap around the object, and if your object isn't a simple square, you will be tearing your hair out! I haven't actually noticed any problems with collisions in your game, although I wasn't looking for them. Later today I will take a closer look. Have you tried replacing the current polygon colliders with new polygon colliders? As I've said with my game, you'll have to replace the colliders each time you change the sprite.

- Chris

GarBenjamin likes this.
  15. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Yeah I appreciate the control benefit of the low g. A game needs tight precise controls for sure! But I think you can get it without moving in slow floaty motion.

The polygon colliders do not hug the image very well. They are great at some spots and very loose at others. I actually create colliders for each animation frme and activate the appropriate collider based on the current image being displayed. I documented the process here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/is...e-swapping-or-animations.271278/#post-1793895

I hope so too. Be great if they improved them. If not I found a product on the Asset Store that makes very precise colliders. But still a person shouldn't need to continually buy these assets just to get around bugs and limitations in Unity!

Blue Bean Apps likes this.
  16. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Okay, I reset the in air and other jumping control back to what I originally had. I wanted the player to be able to jump horizontally from platform to platform but in my quest to make it as less floaty as possible it seems I killed the control in the process. ;)

When you get a chance, please give it a try now. I am content with this. Think it strikes a good balance. The more speed you build up before jumping horizontally the better odds you will make the jump horizontally to the other platform.

The game starts out paused so PRESS P TO START PLAYING!

X to Jump
    . Hold to jump a little higher. Press Left or Right first then press X to jump further horizontally.
    C to Attack. Currently this is only throwing stones. You start with 50 of them in this W.I.P.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  17. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

The jumping is MUCH better! Still could use a little work, but I won't complain. Wouldn't mind listening to some music in the background... although I could just play some Linkin Park or Skillet to escape the silence! :)

- Chris

GarBenjamin likes this.
  18. Watapax

Watapax

When you hit a platform with the head while jumping its get stuck, try to cancel the jump force if the head hits a collider to not get stuck until the jump ends.

19. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Do you mean you saw the player's head / upper body actually get stuck inside a platform? That should never happen. At least I have never encountered it yet. It should always detect the collision and stop him.

Or if you mean him jumping up and hanging there for a bit that is intentional. Originally he rebounded. That's not what I wanted for the control though. I wanted him to have the hang time to be able to jump over enemies.

Thanks for trying it out and giving your feedback.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  20. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Cool. Thanks for play-testing again. I composed a tune but have not bothered adding it yet. Maybe in the next week I will do that.

21. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

I noticed that hanging thing too, but I like it because it makes it easier to jump over enemies.

- Chris

GarBenjamin likes this.
  22. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Yeah that is exactly it. It is another case of throwing out the "realism" in favor of better game-play. That kind of move was fairly common back in the 2D console days. I originally went for more "realism" and when he reached the bottom of a platform the jump state ended and he entered falling state but it kind of sucked I think. It removed a play mechanic. When I came up with the "hang time" it just felt right. It added one more way for the player to interact with the enemies.

23. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Another instance where quality is better than realism. If you didn't hang, it would be much harder to jump over the enemies, in fact, it would probably be impossible to do on the smaller platforms. Also, it wasn't until the third or fourth play that I actually noticed the slight delay in the fall, so it isn't too noticeable, so it doesn't take much realism away.

- Chris

GarBenjamin likes this.
  24. NiloBR

NiloBR

i see a lot of potential here.... keep it up...

25. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Just a quick update here before I head out to watch the new Dracula movie....

Some slight tweaks to game-play added. More sound FX added to help bring the game experience to life more.

Support for PS3 game pad added.

I much prefer playing games like this with a game pad.
    All I did was plug in my corded PS3 style game pad (Walmart $15) into my laptop's USB port.
    It auto-detected fine. Had to reboot. And all works fine. Just had to spend time mapping out the buttons and D-Pad through trial-and-error so I could code to support it.

Anyway, D-pad left and right to move.
    Triangle or X to Jump.
    Square or Circle to Throw stones.

Check it out here:
    http://supergar.com/Unity3D/platformcollect/pgdemo.html

The game starts out paused so PRESS P TO START PLAYING!

Keyboard control:
    X to Jump

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  26. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

That's cool. Has a unique look and the control feels solid. Nice attack FX.

27. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

I've been tinkering today with a unique pixel-art upscaling algorithm. I'm aiming to be able to take quite low-res sprites etc and scale them up in a way that looks nice and smooth. I saw this microsoft paper http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/84040-depixelizing-pixel-art-upscaling-retro-8bit-games which converts to very nice looking vector/spline objects. I had an idea how to reach a similar result using a completely different method. Here's what I've got so far...

Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 10.19.27 PMb.png

At the moment it's still too `jaggy` because I'm having some trouble balancing the strength of the pixel contributions. I probably have to tinker with some weights or add some smoothing or something. I also might have to recode it a bit using floating point precision because I think that's messing with the results. But it's not bad.... 40x16 pixel sprite with 7 colors, upscaled to 640x256.

The original: fishcolor.png

GarBenjamin and AndrewGrayGames like this.
  28. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Ok this is getting closer... but a couple of the white highlights are getting lost, and some lines are a bit heavy while others are too light. Work in progress. Having a little bit of trouble with the interior white pixels.

Image5.jpg

[edit/update]

Am finding there are some subtleties to this that are a bit difficult to deal with. In pixel art, sometimes a thin 1-pixel line goes on a diagonal, and you then have a 2x2 pixel block which potentially has a line going in one direction and another perpendicular to it in a different color. How to decide which line becomes a `line` and which is just part of a different area? I think I might have to do some kind of flood-fill inner/outer detection thing or something - some kind of rules for which line gets to dominate. There's also the issue that e.g. a background color (white in this case) may be used inside the shape (e.g. highlights on nose and top of back) which in that case are meant ot be features, and not just background. Throws a few tricky things into the works. Am not sure if I want to spend more time on this.... any demand for it? Am thinking to send it to the asset store as a tweakable tool?

Currently looks like this (below) ... I like this better. I understand there are parts missing, it's because the white pixels are drawing lines over the top of the black lines, due to how thin they are and that they're on a diagonal... something fixable probably.

Image6.jpg

Not too shabby for a 32x magnification.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    GarBenjamin and AndrewGrayGames like this.
  29. AKAdriano

AKAdriano

Hello all,
    I'm looking for a game to sound design to use in my portfolio. I am a long time audio engineer looking to get into game sound design.

30. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Had a chance to work on my platform game again tonight.

A bit more animation added (jumping). Also, the snakes can now spit out venom.
    Like all of the best "old school" games they telegraph their attack before actually doing it.
    In this case bobbing their heads a bit. Collision checking between the player and venom is not in yet.
    Also, when you hear them Sssss! it means they are about to rush toward you at least as much as they can.

Finally, I updated my code for handling a PS3 / PC controller. Tonight, I discovered the code I had from mapping out the buttons last development session did not work. Why? Because the buttons all had different numbers tonight. But I did notice a pattern in the numbering so I rewrote the code based on that pattern. Hopefully it will work.
    Even if the controls are not exactly as I list below, the game-pad should work. You just may need to use X to throw a stone and Square to jump instead of vice-versa. If they don't work try the triggers. ;)

Control for PS3 Game-Pad:
    The stock controllers do not work but a generic PS3 / PC controller plugged into the USB port does.
    D-pad left and right to move
    Triangle or X to Jump
    Square or Circle to Throw stones

or

Keyboard control:
    X to Jump

The "game" starts out paused so PRESS P TO START PLAYING!

Web browser version is here:
    http://supergar.com/Unity3D/platformcollect/pgdemo.html

Okay, that's it for this update. I am going to slow down on sharing updates here so I am not "spamming" this forum.
    So... the next update will be when the game is much further along.

shadows_s likes this.
  31. shadows_s

shadows_s

Hello, dear community! :)
    I am not a pro, but I trying to do best I can.
    I have been working at this 2 project for several month, and now I wanna know, what You are think about it.

Thanks.
    Sincerely, Vladimir :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    GarBenjamin and Blue Bean Apps like this.
  32. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

New build of my game!

I acted on last week's feedback...

Controls:
    A/D - Move
    Space - Jump
    Left Mouse - Cast Spells
    Z - Interact

Some questions for those who want to try it out...
    1. How does the physics feel?
    2. Do the new spellcasting controls make sense?
    3. Does the way Summon Block works make sense?
    4. Can you reach the Chest at the end of the hall of spikes?

33. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

1. Physics feel pretty realistic and work well with the gameplay.
    2. Spell casting works pretty well using the mouse, so it does make sense.
    3. Summon Block makes sense.
    4. Yes. A little tricky though. Took me a couple attempts, but I managed.
    Just one thing to note: you should change the jump key to "w" because it feels more natural to press the w key when using WASD (in your case, AD). Sometimes I get confused when trying to jump with the space bar. The concept of the game is great. I expect you will make the levels longer with more treasures at some point, right?

Overall, here is how I would rate your game:

Controls: 3.5 / 5 (change the jump key to the W key and it will be at a 4.5)
    Concept: 5 / 5 (for the most part, an original idea)
    Difficulty: 4 / 5 (not too difficult, but it does make you use that thing you have in your head called a brain)
    Graphics: 4 / 5 (I'm not too picky when it comes to graphics, especially in 2D. As long as they're not too pixilated, they're fine by my standards. I would like maybe just a little more lighting though, which could easily be done in Unity.)

Keep up the good work!

- Chris

34. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Good news - I have a setup that will allow the controls to be freely rebindable (when I implement the user interface that allows for that.) So, don't sweat your rating on that one just yet. ;)

As far as the game itself, yes, I'm going to be adding more in the future. This is a mechanical prototype that I'm using to test the basics of the game.

35. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

The amount of detail in the second video is incredible! It was so detailed that I could read the time off the phone on the table (10:20)! The first video is nice; not as much detail, but it has a nice reward system that keeps you playing to earn more rewards. The first video is like the League of Angels because you can get so many rewards and do so much, you always have something to do.

- Chris

shadows_s likes this.
  36. MobBoss2

MobBoss2

Hello everyone.
    I just wanted to know your opinion about my first android game, Train My Brain: Attention Im still working on it but uploaded it to the store so I can share it more easy.

Please let me know any suggestions as this is my first mobile game in unity.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  37. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

I just play-tested again. I still can't make it more than a few blocks along the spikes.

Why does the mana take so long to recharge? It seems to literally only refill about a nanosecond before the block you last cast (and are currently standing on) disappears. lol

38. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

I didn't "get into" the Wind of War video very well. I think this is mainly because for this kind of game I get my satisfaction from playing Diablo 3 or the Devil May Cry games.

However, The Way looks quite interesting! Environments seem quite realistic with tons of things to interact with at least at a basic level.

shadows_s likes this.
  39. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Mana takes so long to charge because it needs better tuning relative to the summoned block; other players had trouble with crossing the Hall of Spikes earlier this week, and your feedback only adds to what they had problems with.

Good feedback!

GarBenjamin likes this.
  40. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Looking forward to the next round of play-testing! I want to get across those spikes!

41. firestorm713q

firestorm713q

Hello everyone!
    I figured it was high time to start actually documenting and showing off some of my simulation work, so that I can actually finish this project for school. It all started with the Wanted: Ocean Shader thread, and the impending release of ACIV: Black Flag. Now, I'm doing it as a project for my Computer Graphics class. What started a year ago with me trying to understand the math is now slowly turning into a cool looking demo, though not quite refined yet.
    Here's a web player, so you can see the basics
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/116281983/OceanStuff/OceanStuff.html

Right now it animates the mesh via a displacement map. Next step is to get it to calculate the normals, color, and transparency into textures so that it fakes Subsurface Scattering.

42. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

I've managed to get across... mainly by jumping on the spikes instead of using blocks! :D

GarBenjamin likes this.
  43. Gistix

Gistix

Skylight shader with Fresnel (replaces Unity ambient light):

44. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

It's been two weeks since my last update so I figured it was time.

Since my last update I have done a lot of fine-tuning to the physics and control systems. Many little tweaks. Play-testing and tweaking again. Wanted to get these parts nailed down so in the future I can just drop in new stuff and hook-it-up so to speak.

I think the game definitely looks better now. This is because of 2 main changes. First, @Misterselmo created some new graphics for the stage platforms and back wall images. Second, the browser game window has been increased by 25%. The larger window makes everything look a bit clearer and not so "noisy". I also added the new rock throwing animation. The artist is currently working on the player pick-up and death animations. Once those are done all player animations are complete.

Of course, as always, the main focus has been on game-play. The snakes react to the player in multiple ways.
    They patrol the platforms like most mindless automatons do in video games. However, they do react to your presence in a few different ways. A lot of play-testing and tweaking was done to make it so they do not react in a way that makes the game impossible (for example, they will not charge at you if you are too close to them).

Collision detection for the snake's venom and egg bomb explosions are not implemented yet. But you can play like they are to get a feel for how much they will effect the game difficulty.

Your Goal:
    Collect all of the treasures to make the key appear
    Collect the key to open the door
    Exit the door to clear the level (this is not implemented yet)

Control for PS3 Game-Pad:
    The stock controllers do not work but a generic PS3 / PC controller plugged into the USB port does.
    D-pad left and right to move
    Triangle or X to Jump.
    Hold to jump a little higher. Press D-pad first then press X to jump further horizontally.
    Square or Circle to Throw stones

or

Keyboard control:

X to Jump

The game starts out paused so... PRESS P TO START PLAYING!

As always, the web browser version can be found here.

Okay, that's it. Next update I will probably create a separate thread.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  45. Serinx

Serinx

Hi all,

I'm new to Unity and have just started my first project which I'm naming "Spherical Elements".

It is in the very early stages so I don't have any screenshots or videos yet. I'd just like to get some positive and negative feedback on my idea if possible.

It would be based heavily around physics; the main source of damage would be from the impact of colliding with each other at high speed, multiplied by their elemental strength and weaknesses.

The "Spheres" (For lack of a better name) are the beings that inhabit the world. They each have a specific element that defines their attributes and abilities and also their allegiance in the war. To keep things simple I'd probably only have Fire, Water and Earth/Plant. This would create a sort of "rock, paper, scissors" system in terms of advantages (I think this could make for some interesting multiplayer game types).

In the singleplayer, you would be a rare "Alpha" sphere which has the ability to learn to transform into the different elements. This would give you an advantage over your enemies in combat and also keep the player thinking. The main objective of the story is for the player to bring balance to the elements and end the war.

Hope I didn't blab on too much!

Thanks,
    Serinx

46. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

47. mcunha98

mcunha98

Improvements on game UI

48. imPrgrmr

imPrgrmr

Hello,

I am working on "infinite" procedural lagless terrain generator using unity's terrain system.
    Everything, terrain, textures trees, details is placed proceduraly at run time and as you move new terrain patches update accordingly.

Here is a glimpse:

cheers
    S.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    datacoda and nasos_333 like this.
  49. Arctemple

Arctemple

Hey guys!
    I'm making a simple puzzle type game for Android and have a demo in webplayer if anyone wants to check it out. The controls are a little strange on pc, pretty much click for touch. This demo only has the main level and doesn't really give a tutorial on how to play. Hope it is easy to pick up and hope you like it!

http://genomegames.com/builds/Builds.html

50. bart_the_13th

bart_the_13th

1. The physics seems work well.
    2 and/or 3. I wish I can tell where I can summon block and where I can't, right now I just click randomly until the block appear. Maybe some kind of color in the block on the cursor to indicate it, like the box going red if you cant summon it, even if the mouse is not pressed.
    4. It gave me a hard time, I gave up after 4 or 5 attemps :p

I agree with Blue Bean about the jump button, using W to jump might be a good idea, unless you plan to use it for another action...

BTW, I'm currently working on a cover shooter inspired by Time Crisis series with theme mostly inspired by So Close movie(that's why I'm naming it 2 Close) :p
    It's for mobile(android). I'm planning to release a demo after I finish the training stage + the shop / headquarter...