Search Unity

Games WIP Small Works Game / Programming Thread

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Tim-C, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Alekz

Alekz

First video of a very early stage of an unnamed voxel game with a wizard and some skeletons:

2. zeman97

zeman97

Couple screenshots of an asset I'm currently developing. I call it the Advanced Trigger System, it is used as a simple solution to complex trigger events. The screenshots are of the Advanced Trigger Object menus. ATS Menu Preview 1.jpg

ATS Menu Preview 2.jpg

ATS Menu Preview 3.jpg

Also I plan to release more content about this asset, such as screenshots, videos, and maybe the manual once it's created for more feedback. Should I create a new thread for this?

Thanks!

3. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Are you looking to sell this on the Asset Store? And what exactly does it do? And I wouldn't create a thread just for a small project like this, that's why we have this WIP thread. I would only make a thread if it has a lot of content. If you look above at my previous post, showing off a couple screenshots of the game I'm currently working on, you will notice that it's a relatively small project, therefore it's not worthy of it's own thread. But don't just take my word for it!

EDIT: WHOO!! This is my 50th message! :)

-- Chris

4. zeman97

zeman97

@Blue Bean Apps
    Sorry I don't understand the quoting system (I don't use forums often) but to answer your questions...
    1. Yes, although the idea was born from personal need of such a tool, after a while of development I wanted to share it with other developers as my first commercial release of something and learn how to respond to feedback and interact on a higher level with other developers.
    2. The Advanced Trigger System is split into two objects, the Advanced Trigger Object and the Advanced Trigger Interpreter and they perform as follows:

The Advanced Trigger Object can handle input such as entering the trigger's collider, or being inside of the collider and pressing a button for a certain amount of time to perform an action. The trigger object also handles what objects may interact with it via the "Input Tags," Game Objects with a tag that matches one of the Input Tags will be able to give input to the trigger, whereas Game Objects with an tag that does not match one of the Input Tags will not, thus allowing the user to control what can and can't interact with the trigger. Also I plan on adding Ray Casting as an input option in the future. The Advanced Trigger Object also manages the message settings for when the trigger is activated. This means the user can edit the Method Name, Parameter value, and the target of the message. The interpreter settings simply determine whether or not the trigger object can be read by an interpreter, and if so, it gives the user the option to give the trigger a specific ID that can be read by the interpreter to add more uniqueness to each trigger object.

The Advanced Trigger Interpreter is responsible for being the "middle-man" between the user's code and Advanced Trigger Objects. When writing code designed to reference one of the triggers (for example, UI code), the user gets and sets any data about the trigger through the interpreter, this does 2 things, (1) it helps protect the Trigger Object from accidentally being tampered with, and (2) it helps to provide a clean, understandable API to the user that helps automate many tasks to help keep the user's needed code minimal. The Interpreter can be set as either static or non-static, while static, the interpreter will only read one trigger, and that trigger is set by the user, however while non-static, that interpreter will pick up and interact with the most recent trigger that it has come into contact with. Upon existing all triggers, the non-static interpreter dumps its trigger object.

The entire system is designed to require as little coding as possible and to be as independent of other systems as possible. However I am a coder, and as such I also wanted to provide a very clear, easy-to-use API for the system so as to allow others to quickly integrate the trigger into their own code, should they wish.

And finally thanks for the advice about the thread, I do believe I will keep all updates here as I am unsure how regular and large of updates I will be able to provide.

Thanks for the questions as I realize my post was not very clear, and I hope this helped :)

5. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

To quote a user's message, simply click "Reply" that's located in the lower-right hand corner of the message. As for the Advanced Trigger Object, I won't have a need for it for quite awhile because I had just started working in Unity about a month ago and am also new to Javascript/UnityScript, so everything you just said is beyond me at the moment, but I had just used a couple Triggers in my game just the other day, so for the little bits of what you said that I do understand, it sounds like this could come in handy. Do you have an idea for when it will be finished and if you will be listing it for free on the Asset Store?

-- Chris

6. zeman97

zeman97

Ah thanks for the tip, and unfortunately I do not have an estimate as a release date as there is much work, not only in the ATS itself, but also in making presentation materials, and more importantly a manual because I imagine many of the people interested will be people new to triggers and their complexity and so I want my manual to be able to be understood by the newest of members. As for the asset store, I will more than likely be charging for it, although price is not yet planned because I am not done with the tool and I only want to appraise it at what it is, not what it could become. I apologize that I am not currently releasing it for free, however I ask that you understand that I am only one person and I am (happily) spending a large amount (if not all) of my free time into this project. However I do have some ideas for future assets that will be smaller in scale and most likely free, I will do my best to post when these assets are under construction and also when they are released.

Also thanks for your support, it's very inspirational :)

Blue Bean Apps likes this.
  7. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

I've come to find inspiration as a huge factor of hard work because it makes you feel happier and more confident about your work, thus making you more willing to do the work. Also, I really only look at the free apps in the store because, being 17 and self-employed, not making any money yet, I am rather low on money, as you might understand. ;) Despite it most likely not being free, I will still look into it! It really does sound useful! Keep up the good work!

-- Chris

zeman97 likes this.
  8. Gentleman Johnson

Gentleman Johnson

Hi Guys,
    Just made my first video of my platform game work in progress, so I thought I would share. Hope this is the right place, since it's not enough for the main WIP board.

It is basically a puzzle platformer, where the central character has the ability to stretch, squash and split himself in order to overcome puzzles. There will be some other powers in the final game, but this is the main mechanic.

Please let me know what you think.
    Thanks

GJ

9. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

I really like the game! As you can probably tell by looking at my profile picture being the Triforce, I am a HUGE Legend of Zelda fan. The main reason for why I like the Legend of Zelda series is because it makes you think (you know, actually USE the brain you have somewhere deep within your head) and this is what your game does - it makes you think to solve puzzles and to progress through the game. Do you have an estimate for a release date or at least for a little demo because I would love to try it out? Furthermore, is this your first game? If you intend to list it in the app stores for free, I WILL get it! Good luck with the rest of the game!

-- Chris

Gentleman Johnson likes this.
  10. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

I apologize for not uploading any updates for a few days. I've been sick and it is really hitting me today. I've got the runny nose and a sore throat that I've had for 3 consecutive days now, so it was all I could do to get the title screen finished. Anyways, here are some new screenshots of my game, Swimmy (tentative title)!! Each of these screenshots are from the 99% finished title screen (I just need to put the logo there, but I'm still unsure as to what to name my game). HAPPY SATURDAY SCREENSHOTS!!!
    Screenshot #1 - The title screen as it would look without any player input:
    Screenshot4.png
    Screenshot #2 - The title screen as it would look while the mouse cursor is hovering over the Play button:
    Screenshot5.png
    Screenshot #3 - The title screen as it would look while the mouse cursor is hovering over the Leaderboard button:
    Screenshot6.png
    Screenshot #4 - The title screen as it would look while the mouse cursor is hovering over the Credits button:
    Screenshot7.png
    Screenshot #5 - The title screen as it would look while the player is left-clicking the Play button:
    Screenshot8.png
    The last two screenshots will be in my following post. I just learned that you can only attach a maximum of 5 images to a single post. Personally, I would expect more from the Unity team! Check the following post!

-- Chris

11. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

... Continuing on from my previous post...
    Screenshot #6 - The title screen as it would look while the player is left-clicking the Leaderboard button:
    Screenshot9.png
    Screenshot #7 - Lastly, the title screen as it would look while the player is left-clicking the Credits button:
    Screenshot10.png
    I appreciate those who take the time to read my long posts (although, they're mostly images)! I REALLY appreciate the likes I get because it just makes me feel good! Anyways, starting today, I intend to add a group of screenshots every Saturday, which I will call Saturday Screenshots. I have recently got back to school (junior in high school) after a seemingly long summer vacation, so it's harder to find the time to work on my game, but I still intend to keep as up-to-date as I can on it!

Info:
    At the time of this post, clicking the Play button brings you to the nearly finished gameplay scene, but I haven't started work on the Leaderboard or the Credit scenes, so clicking the other two buttons just bring me to an empty scene, but all the buttons DO work as they should.

Remember to check here every Saturday for more screenshots of this game and for any other news on its development!

VIDEO COMING SOON TO YOUTUBE!!! :D

-- Chris

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    GarBenjamin likes this.
  12. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Finally got a chance to do some work on my platform game this afternoon!

Added the key that appears after collecting all of the treasures.
    Added the door. Starts out closed (locked) of course.
    After the player gets the key, the door opens.

The concept is simple. Avoid the baddies. Collect all of the treasures. Get the key. Exit through the door.
    We're talking basic old school style game-play here but it will feel smoother and not so rigid. That's the goal anyway.

I never cared for the floaty style of movement and jumping that seems to be common with the physics systems these days. I like tight responsive player control so that's how I programmed it, of course. ;)

There is more to the game but no sense in talking about it now.

Anyway, it is slowly coming together.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Blue Bean Apps likes this.
  13. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Looking good, GarBenjamin! Keep up the good work! Mine is still better... :p ;)

-- Chris

GarBenjamin likes this.
  14. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

ha ha! =) You definitely have a unique twist on the Flappy Bird concept. Actually, I thought it was impressive you are the first person I have seen who has taken it underwater. Tons of clones came out for Flappy Bird and all of them (that I checked out anyway) were basically straightforward clones. Some had an airplane or other object instead of a bird. But yours actually looks unique enough to start a whole new rage.

I'm just looking for a web player version we can check out! Surely you can do a time-limited play trial or something!!

15. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Well, my game isn't a clone of Flappy Bird. There are way too many of those already (there's even Flappy Crap!). The general concept of my game (to dodge obstacles that randomly spawn) was technically taken from Flappy Bird, but when you think of just the concept, you will realize that there are MILLIONS of games that have that same concept (to dodge objects), so therefore, it's not really a clone.

I intend to list it in every app store for free (I will make a profit from in-game ads) and I will also have a Web Player version. In fact, I might be able to get the beta version of the game (which will be Web Player only) out for everyone to play within the next couple weeks. Right now I'm sick, so I won't be doing much until I feel better because when you're sick, you don't want to do anything! Because of my illness, the beta version may be a little delayed, but I still intend to get it out by the end of this month! As of right now, I am hoping to release a demo on September 13, so just 10 days to go, the beta version by the end of the month and the final build in late October or into November, so keep a look out for the soon-to-come demo! By the way, the demo and possibly the beta version will be annoyance-free (add-free)!

-- Chris

GarBenjamin likes this.
  16. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

One more little update for tonight.

Camera work tonight.

Some zoom in so the graphics are now a bit larger:

And there is now a little horizontal and vertical scrolling with camera tracking.
    This is so there is a bit more "discovery" in the game-play not being able to see the entire playfield at one time.

Unfortunately, I forgot about adjusting the sprites that show the stats at the top of the screen.
    Next time I will update that. ;)

Updated version is available for play in your web browser here:

And that is it for tonight. Maybe tomorrow I will do a little more.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  17. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Still looking good! Personally, I'm the kind of person who hates low quality images or images that just look amateurish, but yours don't make me want to puke! I mean this in a complement! If you notice in my game, my images look like the work of a pro, and I'm horrible at graphics, so I got all of them off of open-soruce sites, which makes the game look so much nicer! Thank you so much, OpenStockProject!! :D Again, keep it up, GarBenjamin!

-- Chris

GarBenjamin likes this.
  18. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Thanks. Lol I am going for a retro style game. Not blocky pixel art but I mean kind of a cross between NES and Genesis style. Which works well for me because I can knock those kind of graphics out myself. But I like to focus on the game-play first anyway. Get the game going and it all works out then at that point I can always either spend time polishing the graphics myself or use other assets.

Looking forward to your next update!

19. zeman97

zeman97

Got another update for my Advanced Trigger System asset. This time it is the first iteration of my manual. If it's not too much to ask, please take a minute to read through my manual and give me some feedback, thanks!

Also @GarBenjamin I really love the art style of your game! Normally I'm not a huge fan of pixelated graphics but I enjoy the twist you threw on it, making it more like NES instead of SNES.

Attached Files:

GarBenjamin likes this.
  20. Gentleman Johnson

Gentleman Johnson

Hi Chris
    Thanks for the positive words! I have had my head pretty much stuck in the project until posting this video so it's reassuring to get some good feedback when seen through someone else's eyes.

I am totally with you on the Zelda love, the game series is pure genius when it comes to puzzle crafting (Link to the past and Ocarina of time being my most played). I would definitely say playing Zelda games inspired me in some part to take a puzzle angle with the game.

Release dates are kind of vague - I'm a one-man show, juggling full-time employment (as a non game industry software developer) and doing this in my spare time so how many hours I put in per week varies greatly. Anyway, I'm hoping to get an end to end experience by December, but I imagine I will be tweaking and iterating after that before releasing, so probably March next year. I have some pretty ambitious goals (at least 50 levels, stretch goal 100, 2 more powers to incorporate and a number of other environmental obstacles to add some variety to the levels!).

This isn't my first game - I released a simple infinite runner a few months back also starring Gentleman Johnson and using Unity
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gentlemanjohnson.run

Before that I had a few failed projects that never saw the light of day (just straight up Android dev, no Unity. I started using Unity around a year ago).

I would definitely be happy to provide you with a demo, feedback is as always invaluable. Give me a few more weeks - I'm currently working through my level design sketches to make the first 15 levels or so. This would be nice little package to get some feedback on so I will post back when ready.

Cheers!
    GJ

----------------------------
    www.gentlemanjohnson.co.uk

21. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

I couldn't agree with you more, GJ, on it being "reassuring to get some good feedback when seen through someone else's eyes." I started playing the Legend of Zelda series on my 8th birthday (started with the Wind Waker) and my love for it has grown so much since then. I am now 17 and the Legend of Zelda series and the Super Smash Bros. series are the only two video game series I really care about! When I get more used to creating games and programming, I would like to make my own sort of Zelda. For me, my favorite part about making any game is the level designing because I like to make the level possible (ensure that all the doors work, that there are enough treasure chests to get all the Small Keys, etc.) But right now, I am starting small and hope to eventually make my own Zelda game!

By the way, I find it funny that you are the first person to actually call me by my name, Chris. I would actually prefer people to call me Chris over Blue Bean Apps because that's who I am! I've written my name at the end of every post I've done (all 58 of them) and it wasn't until the 58th post that someone would actually call me by my name! I appreciate it!

Looking at your slim number of posts, I doubt you mentioned your previous game made with Unity anywhere on the forums. Correct me if I'm wrong in assuming this. I'm just curious, what made you decide to mention your current game in the Unity forums and not the previous one you've made with Unity.

-- Chris

22. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

SWIMMY MINOR UPDATE:

Expect the demo to come out very soon! I've just got a little work to do for the game to be ready for a peer review. I don't intend to get much work done on it for the next few days because I am very sick (not the flu, probably just got a cold from a kind classmate), but I feel like SH*T! I've got the runny/stuffy nose, a cough and a sore throat, so I've got the whole ordeal. As soon as I feel better, I will resume work on the game. As soon as I resume work on the game, I will mention it on here, so when you see the next update, expect to see the demo 2 or 3 days after the update! I really do apologize for the delay, but you know how it is; when you're sick, you don't want to do anything! Hopefully I will get better soon, if nothing else, just to be able to breath in peace!

-- Chris

GarBenjamin likes this.
  23. HolBol

HolBol

So I've decided to try and speed up my RPG development by making editor extensions. Here's one that lets me modify the properties of the abilities characters and enemies can use in the game without having to dig through XML as I had to previously.

24. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Looks good, Fishman92! Sounds helpful! Do you intend to place this in the Unity Asset Store? If so, it would be great if it were free!

-- Chris

25. HolBol

HolBol

Probably not- because it's designed purely for the built-for-purpose RPG engine I'm using that's not very flexible; it just does the job with no room to do much else. If I could find a way to make it more generic, then maybe I could make some use of the engine outside of my current project. But as it stands, these will be for me personally to help manage to messy code that I don't want to look at anymore.

26. Denmla

Denmla

Hi, guys what you think about my game ?
    It has day and night cyclus,player bar,some kind of inventory system,storm and rain,animals,tree cutting...
    If you have any question feel free to ask :)
    http://postimg.org/image/6d4xqkc9x/
    http://postimg.org/image/59ktelrmt/
    http://postimg.org/image/hfa0p06cl/
    http://postimg.org/image/a9do8t7vp/
    http://postimg.org/image/pji4tqsrp/
    http://postimg.org/image/efyio57hh/
    http://postimg.org/image/do0g2oso5/
    http://postimg.org/image/p1mzdw36t/
    Sorry for bed pics there're taken fast because i want to know do you like it so far.

27. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Well, that's a bummer! It looks nice! I hope it works for you as well as it looks! From the looks of it, it can definitely save you a lot of code!

-- Chris

28. Gentleman Johnson

Gentleman Johnson

Hi Chris (/BlueBeanApps :p)
    Yeah, my number of posts is not that great. I should contribute more to the forums I must admit. I did a couple of advisory posts on an AdMob plugin thread which people seem to have benefited from, and I did post in the "Showcase" Forum when I released RJR.
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/run-johnson-run-my-first-game-released-to-android.234540/

But yeah, I should do some more - I've learnt a hell of a lot on working on the platform game so far.

29. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

You learn something new everyday! Thanks for bringing up the Showcase forum because I might want to mention my game on there once it's released! I completely forgot about that forum...

-- Chris

30. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

SWIMMY MINOR UPDATE
    I am still a little sick (just a cough), but I am happy to say that I have just resumed work on the game! Even better news, I expect to release the demo a little ahead of schedule! I intend to release the demo this Thursday or Friday!! So keep your eyes peeled (not literally because that would be painful!)

-- Chris

GarBenjamin likes this.
  31. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Excellent news Chris! Glad you are feeling better. I plan on making an update to my platform game tonight finally! If only we had unlimited time each day.

32. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Well, I'm replying to you from the library at school, during school hours, so I know exactly what you mean by wanting more time each day. I had all the time during the summer, but I had to spend most of it learning how to make the games instead of actually making them, so I started making my game shortly before school started, so now I have half as much time to work each day. And I still feel like crap, but I'm better than I was when I took a break. In fact, I stayed home sick yesterday because of my congested cough, which I still have at school. You in school, GarBenjamin? If so, what grade?

-- Chris

33. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

SWIMMY UPDATE - DEMO NOW AVAILABE!!!
    Thank you all for waiting so patiently for this time to come! I am very proud to say that the demo of my very first game is now available for all to play! :D:D:D https://googledrive.com/host/0BwbqG8SoXQ7iRDNTSjlkRXBrZ0k/Demo.html. I look forward to any feedback!

INSTRUCTIONS: Arrow keys (up & down) OR letter keys (w & s) to move up and down. The goal of the game is to dodge the hooks for as long as you can. The longer you play, the harder it gets! Starting at 30 seconds, the fish's speed will increase by .5 meters per second every 10 seconds. Once you reach 1 minute and 30 seconds, the speed increases by .5 meters per seconds every 5 seconds. However, in this demo, the speed goes back to normal at about 1 minute and 45 seconds. Also, to close the game, just close the tab or the browser (I apologize for this inconvenience, but I don't yet know how to close the game).

NOTE:
    If you somehow manage to survive for about 1 minute and 5 seconds, the sand at the bottom will disappear. That is okay, as this is just a demo, and not the real deal. Please pretend that the sand is still there if you get that far! I just got too lazy to add more sand, but the hooks continue beyond that point! ;)

NOTE: The best score thing is not working yet, so your times will not be saved and I apologize for that.

NOTE: DO NOT CLICK THE LEADERBOARD OR CREDITS BUTTONS ON THE TITLE SCREEN!!! I have not made those scenes yet, so going to them will just bring you to a blank blue screen with nothing to do except wish for death... :p

NOTE: Lastly, the hooks stop at about 2 minutes and 45 seconds, so if you reach that point, you won! (But in the final build, there will be no winning as there will be an infinite number of hooks.)

Also, I'd really appreciate it if someone could suggest a better name for the game! "Swimmy" is just too bland and vague. I would like something with a little more pizazz, you know what I mean?

Tell me what you like or don't like about it! If you have a suggestion for an improvement or addition to the game, feel free to mention it! I won't bite, unless you taste good........... I will try my best to get any ideas suggested into the final build of the game if they sound good. Also, PLEASE make this game better by informing me of any bugs/glitches you may find! This is my first game, so I'm sure there's got to be something I've done wrong! I'd really appreciate this!

By the way, my current best time is 02:45:00 (being the end of the game). If you beat that, you will win absolutely nothing! :p

Good luck and have fun!

-- Chris

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  34. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

SWIMMY - UPCOMING FEATURES
    Here is a list of all the upcoming features I intend to get into the final build (coming sometime in October, most likely). I will add to this list if I come up with anything else, so keep a look out! Feel free to ask for more info on anything in this list, although I am trying to be as descriptive as possible without typing a whole lot.

• High score saver (saves to the best time).
    • When you die, this menu will come up (like the kind in Flappy Bird) that will show you your time and have a button to play again and a quit button to close the game. I would really like to have it display the worldwide best time and your best time next to your gotten time, but this might not happen because I have the leaderboard scene dedicated to doing just this, but we'll see what happens.
    • Play a metal clunk sound (like when you hit metal with something) when the fish collides with a hook. I will do this if I can find an appropriate open-source sound file on the internet.
    • Create the credits scene.
    • Create the leaderboard scene.
    • Display worldwide high scores. This will be FREAKIN awesome!
    • MANY more hooks, decorations, bubble particles and sand.
    • Possibly, add a pause button to the gameplay scene, but I'm not sure if this would be worth the effort because it would not be wise to pause while playing as there is no good time to pause, but I'll see what I can do.
    • After 1 minute and 45 seconds, bring the fish's speed back to normal for 30 seconds, then bring it back up as we did before and repeat this process forever, unless I follow through with the next bullet point.
    • Maybe after 5 minutes or so, slowly make the hooks bob up and down by a very small amount, but bring the fish's speed back to normal for a minute or two!! I'm a devilish child!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!!! ;)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  35. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

SWIMMY - IMPORTANT DATES
    September 13 - Saturday Screenshots
    September 20 - Saturday Screenshots
    September 27 - Saturday Screenshots
    Late September - Demo #2 possibly? If there are enough differences between the first demo and this one
    Early - mid October - Final build release (preferably on iOS, Android, Google Play and Windows)

-- Chris

36. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

You know, I've realized that I am posting quite a lot of information on my small game, and I'm sort of cluttering up this thread, in which I do not intend to do. Should I make my own thread for this game and have people go there for the info? I'm just not sure if my game is big enough to deserve its own thread.

-- Chris

37. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

SWIMMY UPDATE - NEW THREAD

I created a thread for my game! I am no longer going to post updates in this thread. From this point on, I will be adding any new information to its own thread located here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/wip-swimmy-a-very-difficult-and-addicting-game.267879/

I created its own thread because I don't want to clutter this thread too much, in which I have already begun doing! ;) So go to my game's thread "[WIP] Swimmy - A Very Difficult and Addicting Game" to see the updates!

You can also click the link in my signature to go to my game's thread.

Thanks!

-- Chris

GarBenjamin likes this.
  38. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

I've been thinking the same thing. I am going to get another website up and blog updates there instead of continually posting updates here.

39. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Yeah, you and I are addicted to updating! Well, I suppose that's better than being addicted to drugs or something! You should make a thread here for updates, like I just did.

-- Chris

40. viame

viame

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    GarBenjamin and Blue Bean Apps like this.
  41. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Looks amazing! It looks like a finished game to me, so what else do you have to do?

-- Chris

42. viame

viame

Thank you for praise!! There are lots of work I have to do like fixing bug, improving gui, making more stage and story line etc.
    But in current progress, most important thing to me is battle system. I still curious about whether my game makes user addictive and fun. I want user to have new gaming experience.
    So Any criticism and feedback are welcome!
    I'm sorry for lack of English skill.

43. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

The only thing I would suggest improving is the health bars because when you have several enemies all grouped together, it can be rather difficult to see which health bar belongs to which character. Overall, for a WIP, it's looking good!

And you don't need to have good English skills to make games, you just need to make the game!

-- Chris

44. DOCSKI_GAMES

DOCSKI_GAMES

45. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Looks good! I take it you have a team working on it? You're not just a one-person army? Anyways, I think it would be great if you have several weapons to choose from. I see you already have a few, but I'm talking about maybe up to 50? By the way, the flamethrower is a nice touch!

-- Chris

46. DOCSKI_GAMES

DOCSKI_GAMES

Oh, I'm the only one working on it, everything from getting assets to coding. I do plan to add alot more, survivial mode, multiplayer, heck, maybe even vehicles but right now, getting some support and feedback is my goal.
    #harder than I thought

Btw, what flamethrower? lol, thought I could add one maybe. As for the guns, well, I will add more but I don't want 10 versions of machine guns, every gun has to be unique. So it takes more time.

Thanks for the comment !

47. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Feedback is always helpful. Especially for someone like myself who really has no idea how well they're doing with their games!

And in your video, at the 5 second mark, I thought the blast from the gun looked like flames, but looking at it again, I realize it was just the flash. Still, a flamethrower would be a great addition! You going to add sci-fi weapons? You eliminate a lot of guns by only using one or two machine guns, so you don't have as many choices left!

-- Chris

48. Blue Bean Apps

Blue Bean Apps

Don't forget to check my thread for updates on the mobile game I'm currently working on, Swimmy. Click the link in my signature!

-- Chris

49. DOCSKI_GAMES

DOCSKI_GAMES

Yep, I do plan scifi weapons, as soon as I can think of some :D
    flamethrower might be bad on framerate.

50. iKonrad

iKonrad

Hi, I've made a logo for my portfolio website. I quite like it, but I'm not sure if it's only me or it's really good!
    Could you give me a feedback? Just throw everything that comes to your mind!

Attached Files:

OboShape and GarBenjamin like this.