Search Unity

Games WIP Small Works Game / Programming Thread

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Tim-C, Aug 6, 2012.

1. davey484

davey484

Very nice!

2. dibdab

dibdab

bodyweight physics test

3. dnk72

dnk72

4. mgear

mgear

Attached Files:

5. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

I have not posted in this thread in a while.
    I have a new video of some gameplay. I made it especially for the people of this forum.
    Thank you for watching :D

In the video, i do a pretty terrible job of getting my soldiers to the level exit.
    but it does show how the game plays, but theres lots left to do

If you want to be up to date with our progress, check out the links in my signature
    thanks everyone for all the encouragement!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  6. Kayreios

Kayreios

Hey Everyone,
    Just working on my second Unity project, first one below was a space shooter clone. You can see I was interested in secondary cameras in the GUI layer.

Now I am extending the sample asset controller to do some Parkour type stuff. So far got some button activated moves, next I will be working on ray casting to interact with objects for some of the fancier parkour type moves. Just using the mechanim animation captures for now.

Thanks everyone for the great community and free assets, especially those wicked MADCAP shaders. Really been fun doing stuff in my spare time with this workflow.

If anyone has pointers on how to take stills or snapshots with secondary cameras, let me know, I was thinking of setting up a half window GUI that takes action stills and builds up like a comic strip as you play. Some stills below of the extended animator and controller script.

I am available to collaborate, but only casually, I do a bit of everything.

Cheers,

Kayreios

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  7. Odd-Redesign

Odd-Redesign

It's a bit too early for me to create an own thread for Fumiko, but I wanted to share some of my recent work with you. :)

You're posting a lot of awesome stuff in this thread. I've gone back the last 10 pages and was amazed.

8. TheGraficalOne

TheGraficalOne

Hi. I thought I'd just post this here too. Anyway, this is a small Journey-like side scroller I was working on a while back.

[video=youtube_share;PbWFPmdLMz4]http://youtu.be/PbWFPmdLMz4

9. Kona

Kona

That looks really neat :) nice work you've done there!

I felt I needed to get a better grip of delegates and events, and also I've wanted to create an FPS prototype game for quite a while now but so this is what I ended up with. :p the AI's still quirky though but for now I just wanted to get some basic stuff done like cover/peek behaviour (both player and AI) interactive code-pads and screens and on and on...

10. Jim_West

Jim_West

How have you made that keypad ui?

11. pus2meong

pus2meong

Sorry for the lack of video quality. Screen Recorder + Unity 3D won't run well in my old laptop.

12. legacy-Games

legacy-Games

Legacy-Games first environment , we are a small games developer just starting up with are first game , Legacy , this is one of the scene's , please give feedback and if you want to know more/see more just say . View attachment 89457

13. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

14. shivansps

shivansps

im working on my first game, a full 2D space strategy game for web and android, graphics are gona be simple since im not a designer, just png sprites.

This where im right now, just getting the basic AI and control mechanics on, then work on UI with a minimap (im really lost here), after that working on map generation to get the first sector up,

http://shivangame.freeiz.com/

I used the background material and audio from the tutorial, but thats a placeholder.

Update: just got a basic UI up.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  15. legacy-Games

legacy-Games

Hi Bridin , the 2d platform game you have made , well what you have made so far , is quite impressive , love the simplicity of it and design of it ,mechanics of the game are good , easy to control and work smoothly . would like to see more .

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

17. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

I've been working on a two-pronged way of improving my dialogue system I used in The Hero's Journey.

The first way I've been improving it is making it support choices. I just use a list of TextContent - a special class - that all have IDs, and associated action buttons which can advance to another ID, as well as fire off special events to other scripts on the same object as the dialogue controller. This way, my dialogue systems can be at once simpler and more flexible to whatever I need of them.

$princess-3.png

The second thing I've done is make these data-driven. I used an XML parser from the Unify Wiki to be able to read in a series of XML nodes, which the text system knows how to parse into Text Threads and Text Content as necessary. More importantly, though - my values are no longer directly soft-coded into the game via the Editor; they are now data-driven. My more complex test JSON blob looks like this:

Code (csharp):
    1. {
    2.   "TextThreads":[
    3.     {
    4.       "IsDefaultThread":true,
    6.       "Name":"Test Thread",
    8.       "SequenceState":{
    9.         "Name":"Main",
    10.         "MinCounter":0,
    11.         "MaxCounter":0
    12.       },
    14.       "TextContent":[
    15.         {
    16.           "ID":0,
    17.           "Speaker":"Test Speaker",
    18.           "Dialogue":"Answer this choice, will you?",
    20.           "Options":[
    21.             {
    22.                 "Text":"Sure, I will!",
    23.                 "TargetID":1
    24.             },
    25.             {
    26.                 "Text":"Not right now...",
    27.                 "TargetID":2
    28.             }
    29.           ],
    31.           "DialogueEvents":[
    32.             {
    33.               "MessageName":"CueSounds",
    34.               "Args":[
    35.                 "Female Speaking Sound (Temp)"
    36.               ]
    37.             }
    38.           ]
    39.         },
    40.         {
    41.           "ID":1,
    42.           "Speaker":"Test Speaker",
    43.           "Dialogue":"Yay!  You answered me.  Thanks!",
    44.           "Options":[
    45.             {
    46.                 "Text":"Continue",
    47.                 "TargetID":3
    48.             }
    49.           ],
    50.           "DialogueEvents":[
    51.             {
    52.               "MessageName":"",
    53.               "Args":[]
    54.             }
    55.           ]
    56.         },
    57.         {
    58.           "ID":2,
    59.           "Speaker":"Test Speaker",
    60.           "Dialogue":"Awww, man...",
    61.           "Options":[
    62.             {
    63.                 "Text":"Continue",
    64.                 "TargetID":3
    65.             }
    66.           ],
    67.           "DialogueEvents":[
    68.             {
    69.               "MessageName":"",
    70.               "Args":[]
    71.             }
    72.           ]
    73.         },
    74.         {
    75.           "ID":3,
    76.           "Speaker":"",
    77.           "Dialogue":"",
    78.           "Options":[],
    79.           "DialogueEvents":[
    80.             {
    81.               "MessageName":"EndConversation",
    82.               "Args":[]
    83.             }
    84.           ]
    85.         },
    86.       ]
    87.     }
    88.   ]
    89. }
    This example has four nodes. The first asks the player a question with two answers (the dialogue presenter knows how to interpret this in terms of GUI elements). The button clicked redirects the conversation to the given Target ID, and things flow to the final node from either possibility (the possible outcomes only have a single destination.)

My inspiration was Starbound - you can mod that game pretty freely by just screwing with JSON blobs. So, I figured why not do something similar? What's more, I can host dialogue from my own server, where I can make soft patches for things as necessary after production, without recompiling/rebuilding my game.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  18. Max_Damage

Max_Damage

Made a new Start menu so you can pick weapons and levels on the same screen.

I've made 15 levels for testing.;)

19. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

$YounGenTile1.PNG

I had seen a tile system that someone had made, saw the UI and thought to myself "I could make that".... so I did. It's not a finished tiling system by any means but it mostly does what I want it to.

Each TileVolume can hold any amount of layers. Each one holds an array of integers for that layer. The TileVolume then uses that info along with a TileSet, that holds texture and sprite info, to create GameObjects accordingly. At this point each TileVolume can only have a single TileSet. I should probably make it so each layer chooses which TileSet to use which probably wouldn't be too hard to manage.

I haven't worked out how to do collisions just yet.

Edit 3/10/2014:
    Made it so that each layer can have a different TileSet!

Another thing I'm thinking of doing is adding a chunk system so things can be processed a bit faster.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  20. shivansps

shivansps

Updated with the basics of mining and ship building in, still only 1 resource and no construction timers or effects.

$ucT2QuO.png

http://shivangame.freeiz.com/

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  21. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Been working on a generic JRPG setup...

$princess-4.png

The idea is, this can be viewed on any resolution (fortunately, my Unity GUI wrapper helps me with that pretty significantly.) I've successfully tested this as low as 480x320, and as high as my monitor will allow.

The player characters in my setup all use an extendable series of levleup and modifiable stat systems. Levelup systems are exactly as they sound - they can accrue XP and level up. Player characters can have 1-n levelup systems on them, as limited by memory constraints. Modifiable stats are a little different. Stats have a raw value, value multiplier, and additional value. This stat has a way of uniformly calculating its 'actual' value based on the equation (raw * multiplier) + additional.

Also: I'm working on my pixel work some, so I'm gonna show this off on the art thread too. :D

22. _RC

_RC

$sjgpwow9.jpg

Webplayer: http://home.arcor.de/th_portfolio/builds/builds.html

Space exploration game, so far you can click on drones to select them (or click on the 3rd button from the left at the bottom for a list of all drones),
    click on the modules of the drones to see their data and change their settings. It is just a small test scene, so theres nothing to explore yet :-(

23. ItsFireMe

ItsFireMe

Really like it, Its got a lot of potential for being a very deep game, well thats if your going for that?

24. _RC

_RC

I dont know what you mean with 'deep game'. I plan to have base building and managing, building drones with 4-10 modules (about 20 different module types), set routes and automate exploring, mining and building. Later maybe enemies and have some RTS elements.

25. Kavorka

Kavorka

26. Kona

Kona

It's a rather simple setup. Each button is a Quad with a 3D text as Child object.
    Each Quad has a class attached that keep references to a Screen Manager object aswell as properties for action type to perform on use.
    When the button is pressed it calls a delegate in the screen manager that'll edit a info-text/label if one exists aswell as check if it's allowed to access the goal (in this case, a door to be opened.) and if so an event is broadcast to access all objects that should be affected.

Dunno if it's a good way to handle this kind of UI, my goal was to make use of delegates and events and get more familiar with them. If you want to do something like that in your own Project though I'ld strongly suggest creating an editor extension to more easily create the UI's ( but most of all, to set a button/content layout, it was really boring to manually position each Quad ) >,<

27. ItsFireMe

ItsFireMe

When I say deep, I mean a lot going on and lots of things to do, a busy game.

28. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  29. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

30. MKayJay

MKayJay

I've been working on a horror game in my spare time for a couple of months, and now I've reached a stage where I want to show it to the world. When doing a horror game, it is sometimes hard to judge whether or not the atmosphere and mood is right. I've made a short video where I walk around one of the areas in my game- There's not really any gameplay to it yet, other than walking around and experiencing the atmosphere, and trying to avoid the creep.
    The game will be a story driven horror, and I'm currently trying to work out a way, to add some randomness to the game, in an effort to make each playthrough slightly different.
    I've written roughly 40% of the story, and I estimate that around 10% of the game is complete so far.
    All models (except for trees) are made by myself in Blender. The textures I have found online, under the Creative Commons License, the same goes for most of the sounds, with a few of them homemade.
    Here's the video. Don't hesitate to leave any feedback that you might have.

[video=youtube_share;k8Gdlg5H2K8]http://youtu.be/k8Gdlg5H2K8

Thanks for reading, and thanks for watching.

31. diegzumillo

diegzumillo

Everyone, try to contain your excitement as I reveal to you the future of First Person controller with flexible dynamics and advanced balancing system.

...might need minor tweakings.

32. Mauri

Mauri

@diegzumillo Reminds me somewhat of "A Boy and His Blob" :D

33. mcunha98

mcunha98

34. BengalTiger

BengalTiger

Howdy!

After playing around with Unity for a couple weeks, I've managed to make Newtonian gravity work so far, here's a couple screenshots:

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/9ae6/ezba3c1j8q55cql6g.jpg
    https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/a90f/dgwaep03sxc81fb6g.jpg

I'm also working on a way to control characters and vehicles on a spherical world, including a script that keeps an airplane's angle relative to the horizon constant, unless the user applies control inputs. This allows to fly around a planet at a set altitude without any corrections.

35. diegzumillo

diegzumillo

Cool. I know the satisfaction of seeing tings orbiting as they should for the first time! :D I made a game called Orbitroll that you might enjoy (the little of it there is) http://gamejolt.com/games/other/orbitroll/11012/

36. Mychal

Mychal

Hey guys,

So I also want to put my piece into pot. I am working on small game of wich main game mechanic will be dynamic level rebuilding which offers reusablity of the same level by scaling cubes (keeping things simple) using resizing script. Right now it is just a prototype, but someone may be interested.

WebPlayer:
    https://db.tt/VhPXdxrp

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  37. BengalTiger

BengalTiger

That rocket handles in a suspiciously familiar way...

38. diegzumillo

diegzumillo

What do you mean? :p

39. Gistix

Gistix

Realtime Radiosity
    Off

On

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  40. BengalTiger

BengalTiger

Works just like the one I've built.

41. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

So, I could use some feedback...

Crown Princess - Menu Prototype Webplayer

I'm working on a menu system, and so far it's coming together quite nicely. It could use some improvements, though, and I would like to know what exactly I can improve. I know there's a bug on the Items view, where if you click 'Last' nothing happens (compare to 'Next', which cycles you back to the end of the list.) Is the layout visually pleasing? Is this informative? What all does it need?

42. swyrazik

swyrazik

Personally, I don't like navigating only with Next,Next,Next,Next,... I would prefer having (also) a list/grid of items, which would allow me to find faster the item/skill I'm looking for. Other than that, it looks good.

43. JamesElvin

JamesElvin

Working on a multiplayer slender re-make. Please do not hate for me this, this is my first project I am committed to that is not big or complex.
    I have a quick video of multiplayer testing, ignore the speaking.

44. KrisSchnee

KrisSchnee

Basic Dialog System
    $dialog_system_example.png
    Here's a simple example script for doing an RPG-style conversation system. You're welcome to use it if you like. It'll probably be updated, since it's meant to provide some basic story scripting for a game project of mine.
    Script
    Web Player Demo

The sample conversation assumes that three portraits have been dropped into the public "portraits" variable, under the names "Harek","Hazel" and "Rollo" (named after my old adventuring party).

45. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

@KrisSchnee - Nice dialogue system!

I've been working on my JRPG menu system, and I've finally got grids everywhere! I wrote a really nice button grid that not only registers if something was clicked, but returns an object tied to the button that you clicked. I've applied it to both items and character abilities.

46. KymeraGames

KymeraGames

I'm currently in the process of finishing my second game for mobile (first game with unity) and i'd love to get some feedback.

Here is a gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQL9Qtnhx5I

If you'd like to get to play with the game and have an android, let me know, and i'll send you a dev version so you can check it out better and give me more in depth feedback

Thanks!

47. OfficialRelapseGames

OfficialRelapseGames

very nice, i can see this game becoming very popular in the future ;), i can i have a dev version ?

48. KymeraGames

KymeraGames

Hey! Of course you can, the more feedback the happier I will be! I just sent you a private message with a link to the apk. Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any problems with it.

49. JamesElvin

JamesElvin

Added synchronization with a basic 'Slender' AI between connected players. Still figuring out how to get a ray-cast that fills the cameras field of view.

[video=youtube_share;2ctMEHA44Fw]http://youtu.be/2ctMEHA44Fw

50. swyrazik

swyrazik

Yes, now I like it better than before. It's much easier to navigate.