Search Unity

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. danilo85

danilo85

finally today I finished my map medieval
    Here are some snapshots scenamedieval222.png scenamedieval3.png scenamedieval15.png scenamedieval21.png

2. Kona

Kona

Finished a few more tiles for my game :)

dogzerx2, smitchell and NomadKing like this.
  3. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Finally got level 2 of my little game completed. The task is simply to get the pink ball into the receiving area on the left. The player here is attached to a moving circular platform, which gets in the way. Part of the gameplay is that the player can only move to the right/forwards, or jump - it's a two-button/two-finger game.

Various issues with physics have been making things more difficult than I hoped, including some Unity 5 bugs, but I think I have it solved now. It's a little harrowing relying on physics for a puzzle game, when you know something unexpected might happen to throw the whole thing off and stall the game. Hopefully it's stable enough ;) Getting the player to move smoothly and securely without any physics problems has been really hard, but I'm fairly happy with it now. I have to run the physics at 120z to keep it stable. Next up, level 3 :D

Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 11.25.23 PM.png

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    dogzerx2, smitchell, mancuso and 3 others like this.
  4. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

Looks simple but cool :D I'd like to see it in motion/play it :)

Here another look at my game, note that most graphics are still work in progress, especially the foliage ;)

der_r, dogzerx2, redpanda and 5 others like this.
  5. HellPatrol

HellPatrol

I made a new kind of MachinegunTower.
    What do you think?
    No Textures yet

roryo, ZJP, smitchell and 1 other person like this.
  6. marcos

marcos

Little weekend project:

dogzerx2, NomadKing and nipoco like this.
  7. nipoco

nipoco

Really cute Marcos! It's indeed a simple game, but funnily enough, that are mostly the games that vent viral on iOS. You should publish that. Would totally play that and beat your score :)

Here is a freelance painting I did last week. Painting bricks is really tedious stuff.

MainPainting.png

8. marcos

marcos

I'm aiming to have it done in a week. Hopefully release it in a few weeks, most of the functionality is in already, it'll just be a matter of polishing it and make it all look and feel nice.

Awesome painting, by the way!

9. TheValar

TheValar

A couple of the characters I posted before in-game with animations and a screenshot with character outlines and a background that I just implemented!
    BardAttacks.gif CharacterOutline.png

dogzerx2, mancuso and NomadKing like this.
  10. randomperson42

randomperson42

I hope this is the right place to post this... I didn't think it was necessary to make a whole thread for this.
    Here is a 2D forest platformer environment for the asset store.

Asset Store
    Webplayer Demo
    WebGL Demo

1.png

rame16, smitchell, Kona and 4 others like this.
  11. NomadKing

NomadKing

@randomperson42 Nice artwork :)

My one comment would be that the shading / gradients on the large spikey grass and 4 way leaf make them stand out a bit when compared to things like the pine tree (which is very sexy!)

randomperson42 likes this.
  12. NomadKing

NomadKing

Interesting stuff, you could say that... the pen is mightier than the sword? :p

TheValar likes this.
  13. randomperson42

randomperson42

You're saying they draw too much attention away from the pine trees and other stuff? I think you're right.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  14. TheValar

TheValar

I think the gradients make the style just a little bit inconsistent. The rocks and the trees have a really nice textured look and the other elements look kind of harsher (not sure if that's the right word for it). I don't really think the gradients are all that bad but I do think the 4 way leaf plant on the right side looks out of place. It just kinda looks like it's scaled way up from the other elements (maybe a level of detail thing).

NomadKing and randomperson42 like this.
  15. Goolygot

Goolygot

Made a wheel to be used as the bottom part of my character. Unity 5 makes it so much easier to make it look good.
    wheel.png

16. NomadKing

NomadKing

I think it might be that with the pine tree you get a colour change and shading, but with the other plants you just get shading so they feel a bit 'flat'

randomperson42 and TheValar like this.
  17. Magpul

Magpul

It's my second model and i m trying to be low-poly as i can, it's not textured yet i done UV mapping and im start to make texture for this building.

smitchell and nipoco like this.
  18. HellPatrol

HellPatrol

I'm not very pleased with the Textures, but i lost too much time during modeling and i have to begin with the next one :-(

ZJP, smitchell and NomadKing like this.
  19. marcos

marcos

Did a bunch of work on that simple game:

Time to do some 3D!

smitchell likes this.
  20. TheValar

TheValar

Looks nice! what do you use the coins for?

21. KC1302

KC1302

Anyone else struggling with realistic lighting? My results are ok. But I know it can definately improve. Anyone else struggling with the automatic lightmapping settings? My textures are suffering from extreme contrast.

Forward rendering, all scenes are baked.

roryo, randomperson42 and smitchell like this.
  22. marcos

marcos

Thanks! Right now they're just for continues, but I might add unlockable characters and things later (if the game has enough of a player base).

TheValar likes this.
  23. HolBol

HolBol

If you're going for PBR, you'll want deffered shading, and linear lighting.

NomadKing likes this.
  24. marcos

marcos

Quick and dirty tileable sculpt > texture test

dogzerx2, NomadKing, nipoco and 2 others like this.
  25. clearrose

clearrose

Been having lots of fun with Unity 5's PBR and new shaders, which rock :) !!

Anyways, heres a scene I was working from time to time recently. I was hoping that when I was done that I could sell it in the asset store.

I have allot more models I want to add to this scene, which are as follows:

* Broken up, glass dome.

* Books on the shelves and scattered about.

* More plants like ferns, grass growing though the floor, and hanging vines.

* etc.....

...and Oh critique away !!

Thunderent and NomadKing like this.
  26. farlenkov

farlenkov

Working on new project for new GamesJam
    Screen from Unity 5 video-01-.png

wip-01.png

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    randomperson42 and felixfors like this.
  27. nickyoso1

nickyoso1

Currently working on some modular sci-fi wall assets. Currently these all together have 402 polys and 505 verts.
    Will try to improve the way these are linked together, currently when linking some pieces together you'll have invisible poly's. After that it's time to work on the high-poly versions and texturing.
    Walls.png Walls1.png

28. marcos

marcos

Just some animations and things left to do now:

29. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Well, I just finished the "Space Shooter" series which is really cool! Now I can start making little games to learn from; but the sad thing is...I don't know how to upload a webplayer from Dropbox. :( All the sites didn't help me at all. Oh well, at least it's done!

30. marcos

marcos

It has to be in the Public folder, make sure you change the URL for the .unity file in your webplayer.html to the one in the Public Dropbox folder by right clicking it and choosing "Get Public Link" (or whatever it says).
    I struggled with it a bit, so I empathise with you. :eek:

31. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

The problem is I don't know where the public folder is, I literally downloaded Dropbox specifically for that so I'm really nooby with it.

32. marcos

marcos

Oh, I just use the website to do it, I think it's automatically there.

33. redpanda

redpanda

Working on a new environment pack, desert this time.

bsj, ZJP, Botanika and 6 others like this.
  34. mcunha98

mcunha98

35. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Unity, please allow undoing folder/file deletes. I accidentally deleted my scripts folder almost done with my thing, and now I'm ticked. ._.

36. gamadgames

gamadgames

@Whiteleaf, you can almost recover all your scripts by using ILspy. The scripts will be dameged, but you will get the most of the scripts. It will probably take you a few houres to remade all the script, becouse the IEnumerators will not unpack. But all the other parts of the scripts will recover slightly dameged.

Good Luck!

~Gamad

37. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

I'll probably just remake the game, since it wasn't that big. But thanks for the info, it might come in handy later!

38. Xatu1992

Xatu1992

are these models?

39. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Most likely. Then he has a shader that puts black outlines around it, unless they are images.

40. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

I like that... it almost makes me think of a prehistoric environment, which would also be a cool pack.

redpanda likes this.
  41. Xatu1992

Xatu1992

They're pretty awesome. Kinda like Final Fantasy type models.

Whiteleaf likes this.
  42. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Just finished my very first Unity3D game(still wip as I'm gonna add more things, AI, more powerups, defenses, and an objective, most likely more art). :) I'm pretty happy with it, although if I do ever update it it needs a LOT of tweak(i.e making the waves faster as you grab power ups, for some odd reason unity wouldn't allow me to set the speed of the enemy prefab, and yes I made a variable making it so it was public for all scripts to get their hands on--but yeah).

Since I don't know how to set a webplayer(any help would be appreciated, all the drop box ones don't seem to work for me, also another storage uploaded thingy would be fine), I'll just link the download.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gsw0rbtrs1ytmc6/New.rar
    Extract those files to the same location and play, if it doesn't work then I'll have to look into a webplayer. :(
    EDIT: download didn't work, hopefully the new one does.

What is it?

Controls: AD/Arrow Keys(AD recommended) to move along the horizontal axis, and click to fire.

Basically it is just the "Space Shooter" Unity game with different models(aka spheres and cubes, haha), bucket graphics, power ups, and different graphics for the particle emitters. I taught myself how to make the power ups, besides the documentation and the Space Shooter series, nothing else helped me but my memory. ;) The powerups(purple is the color of them, they also spin around and glow! ^_^) appear every 15 seconds, and each time increase gun fire rate, decrease the time that you have to wait to fire, increase player speed, and increase the spawn amounts in every wave. I also added lights to the blaster, and power ups.

Glitches/Bugs

Since this is my first game and it is very unpolished, there are several bugs/glitches.

1. Randomly one of your bullets can block one of the oncoming enemies and rotate your character(rigidbody is causing this), rotating the direction your bullets shoot out at(using a transform empty game object to set the position/rotation of the bullet).

2. The sounds are like 3D sounds, even though they are checked to be a 2D sound; don't know what's happening with it, and I've checked a bajillion times to see if it isn't on the 2D sound setting.

3. After the rotation get's messed up by your bullet, it will randomly reset itself; even though I don't have any key set to rotate, you can just move on the horizontal axis.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  43. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

This is not the right place to post about your games. This is an artwork showcase thread. If you want to showcase your game, create a separate thread in the WIP section.
    And add some screenshots, otherwise no-one will read your wall of text.

44. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

I watched a few of Tor Frick's Modo modeling live sessions and felt the itch to try some of it.
    This is the result. It's not super clean or anything - in fact I tried to power through very fast while still trying to achieve a cool result. The teleporter is very sloppy in terms of UVs and topology. The panel is okay quality but also took a little longer.

I'm probably not going to take this anywhere but it is a fun thing to do :)

Modo, Substance Designer and Photoshop.
    With a little help from Zbrush.

Botanika, HellPatrol and NomadKing like this.
  45. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Why? It's still a most likely WIP, as I'm making it my game to learn everything by. People post completed stuff here all the time, and I wouldn't post a little project in the showcase as it's not done. When it is done I will post it there.

EDIT: Just edited my post, putting half of it into a spoiler, and saying it's WIP since it wasn't there before.

46. TheValar

TheValar

For WIP games you should post your own thread in WIP forums. If you are working on something very small that you will make one or two posts about it should go in the WIP Small Works Game/Programming Thread. This thread is specifically for WIP posts about small art works.

47. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Ah, I see. I'll make a post there when I have stuff done. I actually forgot about posting it in the WIP section, as I am so excited since I'm just getting my feet wet!

48. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Just started working on a modular medieval house for the Asset Store:
    Triangle count is a little high, I'll try to reduce triangle count.

And just a final shot with DOF:

I'm going after this look: http://www.tabletop-world.com/timberedHouse.php
    Going to make a pack that allows you to build houses with that style.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    DennG, ZJP, Kona and 9 others like this.
  49. marcos

marcos

@dogzerx2 So sick! Keen to see more

Here's a first pass of the snail's 'walk' animation:

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master mini game demo WIP for Unity 5

Flying in the dusk