Search Unity

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

If you haven't watched this animation yet, you should. It's a good one.

Tried to mock up a similar style. What do you think?

MockUp.jpg

2. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

@MBRogers ,thanks for the detailed feedback!I shall take your advice into account for my next character.I will leave this first 'test' character as it is. :D

3. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

4. mcunha98

mcunha98

5. virror

virror

Great job, she is pretty hot! Just give me some AA and a zoom button : p

6. Mister-D

Mister-D

tnx , u think i should upload her to the asset store or not?

7. iuyiyuiuy

iuyiyuiuy

Very atmospheric happened. Another would be to describe the game ...

8. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

I'm not giving much details on this project yet,so it is an initial blockout of a 1940-1980's room.Currently testing lightning and initial texturing.I'm trying to get as much realism as possible using Unity Free.The lightning still needs some work,along with the reflection cubemaps.

The scene is made in Unity Free with baked lightning and AO.

Q: Does anyone know a good technique on making glass,preferably for Unity Free?Or a good free shader I can use?

NomadKing likes this.
  9. dphipps

dphipps

Almost finished with the Hi-Rez on this one.Somehow I deleted the hands so will need to remake those :(
    Learning about polypainting and transferring matcap and color information to low rez mapping.

10. bsj

bsj

11. dphipps

dphipps

Yeah I was playing with lightcaps in Zbrush.The background looks crap, but I'm liking the edge definition this render gives. This has been a great refresher. I had a head injury a bit over a yaer ago. Basically it gave me a bad case of dumb, and I seemed to have lost all my artistic abilities and memory of how to do 3d. This guy has been great at helping me get back y skills. As for texture baking, I'll be doing just polypainting on the HiiRez and using Xnormal to transfer the maps to a UVed LowRez. . Then off to Ndo,

The one thing that concerns me is the floating geometry. When baking the normal maps should I move it away from the main body? Also should I have it against the body when doing the ambient occlusion map generation?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  12. bsj

bsj

Wish I could be more help to you...just started learning Zbrush back in November, and with my work schedule, and 5 kiddos, don't get too much time to work my way through it.

Sorry to hear about your injury...scary stuff. I wish you nothing but the best in your recovery, and look forward to seeing more of your works.

13. dphipps

dphipps

I'm getting better but it's odd relearning things I once knew.
    I guess I'm going to have to start doing the polycount hangouts again.

14. DeepSeaDigital

DeepSeaDigital

some stuff I've been working on. Let me know what you think train..gif

turn1.gif
    knight.png

Will-Morillas and Thunderent like this.
  15. alexfry1

alexfry1

Hi there,

This is my project : qb (cube)

I made a playable introduction WebGL demo for you guys to play with.
    It built with Unity 5. I used JavaScript and C# together.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

I hope I didn't make it too hard :)

The game playable from : http://hipphopp.co.uk

Attached Files:

16. Takkik

Takkik

Testing my texture with the Unity 5 beta & standard specular shader. Basic scene with the default skybox & directional light. Only the height map / parallax dont work, I get strange artifacts, I thing the map is too contrasted.
    Last week I submited the texture as a free asset so people could test it and got feedback but it was rejected without much explanation :(

Not_Sure, DennG and VertexFiend like this.
  17. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

My first successful UVMapped model in Blender. I had to take a tutorial, because I had no idea what the heck I was doing!

I'm going for a simple pixel-art astronaut. I got the torso done, and a simple room in Unity to show him off. Going to either finish him tomorrow or in a few days...this part took me long because of the UV, but hopefully the rest won't take me long.

More updates to come soon!

18. dphipps

dphipps

Still rolling on this guy. He finally has hands again, and working on the detailing. Also learning the Zbrush renderer.

19. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Small update.Quite happy with the lightning and base textures,so I started moving on to create some models for the scene.I plan on having a small exterior scene too with a street view instead of 'faking' a window shader.

NomadKing likes this.
  20. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

I've been a busy guy! things are going great at the minute :) Got some interesting new projects in the loop looking forward to sharing when its time.

If anyone would like to see regular updates of my work I tend to just shoot everything over on Instagram for the ease of it. Along with your usual selfies and party photos of course! But I swear I'm an angel really.

http://instagram.com/charliesamways/

NomadKing likes this.
  21. nasos_333

nasos_333

A sample scene made using Toon Effects Maker (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/to...demo-sprite-sheet-creator-path-record.292146/)

It uses the dynamic Toon Ocean for the surface and ocean floor/caustics, particles using sprite sheets made with the sprite sheet maker for the Fish schools and particles for the Bubbles and sun rays.

The next step is to add Particle Dynamic Magic for the swarm control and other dynamic effects.

22. Billy4184

Billy4184

Been working on spaceships lately. Hard to say what exactly it is but Doom comes to mind when trying to describe the style I'm aiming for. Do these look complete or unfinished? Cheers!

Icon.png

Screenshot5.png

23. Will-Morillas

Will-Morillas

Character almost finished for the asset store :)

NomadKing likes this.
  24. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

are these piloted by humans? what I don't see is really any evidence that people are inside or how they'd get inside, they sort of seem like solid objects not made for people to occupy... I think that gives me the impression they are just machinery, and that detracts from them having character. Almost like you're trying to make the ship look good on its own, without it having a purpose or supporting its occupants.

25. TheValar

TheValar

Working on some art for my next project :)
    GeoCharacters.png battle.png

26. 3DCaster

3DCaster

Mister-D likes this.
  27. Billy4184

Billy4184

Hi, thanks for taking the time to check them out. The first one is supposed to be a droid while the second one is probably not well defined hehe.The second one is very low-poly (2-300 I think) and probably I was aiming it more at strategy or mobile games.

Was it you who wrote somewhere that you'd like to see more 'enemy' ships in the asset store? I'd appreciate any suggestions as to what kind of ships you'd like to see.

EDIT: Droid Spacefighter now freely available on Asset Store.

Cheers, William

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  28. mcunha98

mcunha98

29. livio3d

livio3d

Hi guys, i will to share one of my last models inside unity 5 with the new spectacular standard shader (i valuate to made some change for release it on assetstore)

Will-Morillas and NomadKing like this.
  30. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Wow dude, that's amazing! Unity 5 looks 10x better than Unity 4. I need money, and fast!

31. Will-Morillas

Will-Morillas

I think it's finished, just needs more tweaking in the hands, the rig isnt perfect :D

NomadKing likes this.
  32. IYMC

IYMC

Hello to all,
    This is an ingame Graphic cutscene Artwork from our next projekt. It is no real 3d. I hope this is not a problem.
    greetings female corpse.png

florianalexandru05 and NomadKing like this.
  33. MBRogers

MBRogers

Ventured into blender today!

Thunderent likes this.
  34. Billy4184

Billy4184

Another spaceship here, Droid Scout Ship. Looking for any and all feedback, thanks! Screenshot.png

William

AndrewGrayGames likes this.
  35. virror

virror

This looks interesting! Hope you will show more stuff!

36. ChrisSch

ChrisSch

First time sculptor and Unity 5 user here. Just finished my first medieval weapon, and also first time sculpting something, if you don't count the rocks in the background. I'm not happy with the result but oh well. Whacha guys think? xD

IMG_22022015_010256.png
    From 2.1M tris to 248 game ready tris. I'm not sure how high a poly should things be these days so I try to keep my props under 500 tris. Rocks are 250 as well, they have their own thread. :D

AndrewGrayGames likes this.
  37. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

I've been revising my UI in Sara the Shieldmage to use the new GUI system. While in and of itself that seems like a programming change, I've also changed my general UI setup a bit artistically as well.

SaraR-7.png

I'm going for a clean, simple look like Skyrim, given that it's one of the inspirations. I settled for Friz Quadrata, because it's a nice, clean serif font. The buttons are a simple, unobtrusive transparent black (80%), but the border lines light up whenever a button is hovered or selected.

How'd I do, where do I improve?

NomadKing and ChrisSch like this.
  38. ChrisSch

ChrisSch

Looks great. You could try uniting all the panels with another background panel, and see how you like it. Its hard to make it fit in though, I'm still struggling with my UI look. :D

39. IYMC

IYMC

Ok one more Charakter. It is a paranormal tracker.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  40. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

New assets for my game.Yay!

NomadKing and ChrisSch like this.
  41. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Not that I mind, but you really should post this as a link with a nude warning. People could get in trouble at work or school.

Mister-D and AndrewGrayGames like this.
  42. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Alternatively, since there are other nude pictures in this thread, maybe add [NSFW] to the title of this thread, so that people know off the cuff that there's unsafe material in this thread. For myself, I just avoid looking at this thread at work, period, for that very reason.

Mister-D likes this.
  43. Mister-D

Mister-D

ive edited the posts , with a NSFW warning,

44. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Just give a NSFW warning and hide the content under a Spoiler tag.

NomadKing and Not_Sure like this.
  45. tweedie

tweedie

Haven't been on this thread in a long time. Few bits and pieces since then:

Firstly, wanted to do a character concept in the style of Dishonored to practice my painting

Secondly, I ended up in a team doing the December Ludum Dare, the game itself didn't go anywhere, but I made the main character for the game; Jerry. Jerry's your typical space ranger cow, fit to be deployed in all sorts of environments, ready to fight the forces of evil with his udder gun. Genetically engineered to accelerate his milk production, he can pressurise the gun and spurt it anywhere he likes. Oh, and he also has a jetpack

Rendered with Unity 5's be-a-uuutiful PBR

Also made a bit of progress on my ever-ongoing side project, the 'Watcher' character.

--

Recently got ZBrush, which is awesome :D Doing a female sculpt for practice. Just blocked in the hair, and haven't touched the arms yet
    Warning, nudity!

--
    And a couple of other concepts I've done recently for practice

Sorry about all the pics heh

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  46. virror

virror

Very nice collection of images there : )

tweedie likes this.
  47. ChrisSch

ChrisSch

Wow you're talented. Stay away from the monthly contests, there's enough competition. :D
    Just joking, your art is really versatile, but equally good. :)

Anyway, I'm done with my first try at sculpting and painting in substance painter. I just can't get the lighting to match between the two PBR (sub and ut5). I'm doing something wrong no doubt, didn't get a chance to get to know either of the two much yet, but I saw @Thomas Pasieka 's first try somewhere (I think they were floor tiles), and it looked pretty much the same in both renders. :D

Substance Painter
    hammer 5.PNG

Unity 5
    hammer 6.PNG hammer 7.PNG hammer 8.PNG hammer 9.PNG

Posting this I realize that I should have probably used a dark room in both substance and unity to see if I'm doing it right. I'm so used to the old shading where the scene lighting and colors don't bounce off on models. :D

Tim-C and tweedie like this.
  48. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

TheValar likes this.
  49. NomadKing

NomadKing

Some great stuff there @tweedie - the character concept at the top and the ship at the bottom are especially good! :)

tweedie likes this.
  50. tweedie

tweedie

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015