Search Unity

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. aeth_dz

aeth_dz

Small concept art for my side project :D

2. clearrose

clearrose

Hey guys heres a piece I've been working on for a while now. I'm considering it finished. Because I need to move on to something new.

3. trudeaudm

trudeaudm

Took a break from programming my game, to clear my head and so I made some artwork for it!

4. ivanzu

ivanzu

You need to make a specular,reflection and gloss map.

5. leoarmstead

leoarmstead

I actually re rendered this a week ago check it out

6. Murgilod

Murgilod

7. Vigamox

Vigamox

I like this. I actually thought those little blue crystals at the front were it shooting lasers at first.

8. leoarmstead

leoarmstead

I took a look at your concept for the game, I like it and what you have done so far if you would like a ship or two add me on skype ill model them for you skype: leonardarmstead

9. aeth_dz

aeth_dz

Actually, they are lasers (or something like that) :D

10. Mister-D

Mister-D

made some ww2 germans, still need to make some more equipment for them

Attached Files:

11. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

I have been away from developing games for a while and especially here on the forums. Lots of cool stuff posted since Iv been gone! Great job guys.

im back and going to start posting here again often. Heres some stuff I recently worked on:

I released my newest game just now. a really short simple game. I call it "Beach Ball Shooter", a game about shooting beach balls and collecting rubber ducks. The game is is only 13 easy short levels long.

Play it here in your webbrowser (DropBox Link): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...lds/WebPlayerVersion/BeachBall-WebPlayer.html

Game Icon:

Game Screenshots:

Some of you might remember a while back I was posting here about a project I was calling "Escape Ocean Zero", this is the project. I ended up deciding to take a different approach with the game and just make it a short simple silly little game. I was going to create my own WIP thread but this really is a really small game and I already released it so I dont see any point. So I will just post here in the small works art thread.

I'm thinking of porting it to android maybe but also I want to focus on my new game ideas so we will see how it goes.

Enjoy!

for more info on this here is the games release page I created on my dev blog http://snowconesolidwho.blogspot.com/2014/07/release-beach-ball-shooter-version-10.html

Also here is one of my most recent original character models I made. I call him "Big Zero"
    yes yes, I know what your thinking, it looks like a Teletubby. Everyone has been telling me that and I actually agree as well :)

Anyway, big zero was a character I made a couple weeks ago, he was going to be an enemy for my escape ocean zero game project but as you can see I ended up taking a different approach to the game and it became "Beach Ball Shooter" so I ended up not using this model.

More soon! :)

sporkflips and AndrewGrayGames like this.
  12. carking1996

carking1996

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  13. mcunha98

mcunha98

Change the ground of levels from planes to Unity's terrain to improve the projection of shadows and the visual of each scene

balaam likes this.
  14. trudeaudm

trudeaudm

Wow glad you liked what you saw, and I really appreciate your offer to do some models. However the ships are not modeled exactly, they are modular. Made out of different parts which are modeled.

So I model things like cockpits, wing pieces, weapons, fuel tanks, engines, etc.

And then players construct their ships however they like from these parts.

If you are still interested in making some of those items let me know and I will get in touch with you.
    The other possibility are things like player weapons, and tools... or an actual character model, however from your portfolio it looks like you don't do to much in that area.

And finally another art piece.

Titled "Arrival" See here for more info.

15. leoarmstead

leoarmstead

Yea. I'm okay with that skype : leonardarmstead

16. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Been working on my glowy GUI a bit...

zvk2-8.png

I'm going to find a suitable 'stormcloud' skybox sooner or later to replace this default Unity one, but adjusting the lighting helped the title to stand out and the glowy buttons to look more at place.

Speaking of glowy buttons, I darkened the body of the button, and kept the exterior brighter to emphasize the buttons' contents. I also adjusted the radial glow on different button states.

17. QualixInteractive

QualixInteractive

PrtScreen1.png Hey guys, been out of game development for a while. I got back on this endless runner I started months ago. Character was custom made for this game by a freelancer and art of the city comes from the asset store. A lot of programming is done, but no animations is ready yet.

balaam and AndrewGrayGames like this.
  18. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Your work is always hella-freaking lovely, i hate you xo

mcunha98 likes this.
  19. Mister-D

Mister-D

Attached Files:

20. QualixInteractive

QualixInteractive

This monster in the back is quite creepy, but I feel like that one in the front is a bit too much humanoid. Never forget that every traits that makes something looks a bit like a baby human will be considered cute ; goofy eyes, large head compared to body and so on. Now that you have the humanoid monster shape, I would suggest to exagerate some traits such as eyes, get them really small or even simple horizontal holes instead of eyes might be quite creepy too.

Other than that, I need to tell you that this is quite a good job here. I would be curious to see the topology of these!

Keep up the good work!

Dave

21. carking1996

carking1996

22. TRALLALAL

TRALLALAL

It's a very small game as of now

23. Mister-D

Mister-D

tnx dave! heres the wires

Attached Files:

24. QualixInteractive

QualixInteractive

Good topology here! Nose could use some works, except of course if you plan to see it from close enough, but overall is low-poly, and squared polygons. Also, even tough tris are mot much of an issue nowadays, I suggest you remove as much as possible to get a consistant result over different platforms (max, maya, ZBRUSH, engine, ...)

As I said, keep up the good work, those monsters are getting scarier !

Dave

25. QualixInteractive

QualixInteractive

I like that! The FPS feeling is fluid and reload animations are nicely implemented. Are you starting up a new game or simply playing with Unity to develop new mechanics ?

26. TRALLALAL

TRALLALAL

Actually I don't know, everything is going well and I'm doing animations at the moment but I'm alone so I don't know for how long I can hold but I really hope I will finish it, good to know you like it :)
    Anyway, the gun model and the reload animation are not mine, I'm using those as a placeholder until I model something else (had to use something which looked like a gun until I get a model made by me) but yeah they're implemented nicely thanks to mecanim, everything else is done by me via scripting :)

27. carking1996

carking1996

Having to place trees manually..

28. Redheadrobot

Redheadrobot

dogzerx2 and NomadKing like this.
  29. QualixInteractive

QualixInteractive

Ok now this is AWESOME!! Is it for a "plant vs zombies" type of game ?

Whatever the game they are in, it's gonna be incredible for sure.

30. Howard-Day

Howard-Day

Hello! Got something cool to show tonight - The human ship selection screen in action! We got the logic all figured out, and now it's just a matter of polishing this all up, and putting it out for you guys to play!

Once it's released, the updated Alpha will let you fly 3 of these 5 ships - but all 5 will be able to be looked at in this screen.

dogzerx2 and NomadKing like this.
  31. Jarbi-James

Jarbi-James

Hi guys, just thought I'd stick a quick screenshot of this office environment on. Its so a client can have their products in the environment, like an interactive product selector with installation guides etc. Got a few more to do so will upload them now and then:)

Office.png
    The screenshot is from Unity, I used 3ds Max to do all the light mapping. It is all white so the products stand out when they are in!

balaam likes this.
  32. QualixInteractive

QualixInteractive

Polish this is up quickly!! We want to play now!

This looks really nice. Tell me, are those ships simple plane or 3D models ?

33. Mister-D

Mister-D

finally bought skyshop, and made a girl to test it

Attached Files:

34. Redheadrobot

Redheadrobot

Hi QualixInteractive, These are assets on the store for developers to use for their games. A 'Plants vs Zombies" type game would be awesome, I'd be happy to see their heads explode :)

35. clearrose

clearrose

heres something I've working on for the asset store. I have the texturing done and retopo too, he ended up about 8,300 Tris give or take. I can't remember the exact number. Well anyways now all I have to do is the animations.

Quick test render of the raptor was done in blender:

36. TRALLALAL

TRALLALAL

Looks very nice!

37. Jarbi-James

Jarbi-James

Here's another - a simple warehouse
    Warehouse2.png

38. clearrose

clearrose

These environments are neat !

39. HolBol

HolBol

I did an arts.

marcos likes this.
  40. darkeyes

darkeyes

41. Redheadrobot

Redheadrobot

Started making a low poly girl (400 tris), textures nearly done now.. Not sure what kind of pack this would be for. She has idles, walk and run. Any thoughts?

Unity Page

42. Mister-D

Mister-D

tnx, i think ur soldier needs some ambient occlusion and some more wrinkles in the clothes:)
    ive finished my "tomb raider" character. ive never animated a women before so it could be tricky

Attached Files:

43. Jarbi-James

Jarbi-James

Cool cheers:)

44. tubbz0r

tubbz0r

Hey guys! We've really seen some amazing art here on these forums and would love to participate!

We have made amazing progress since starting this title so multiple updates are incoming.
    We are 3 students that are currently developing a PvP Arena game with multiple elements in each fight that could really change the outcome of the result.
    Each player has the unique ability to conjure and alter their spells depending on the two classes they have chosen primarily. Below we have one of the multiple potential classes any player can produce, a Warrior and a Sorcerer class fused together to make a really unique play style for everyone.

We call him the The Oaths Sun-knight, a Warrior with devastating close range damage yet the ability to rejuvenate comrades in difficult situations. The ability to charge and smash his unlucky enemies to really shorten the distance between him and his foe is one of his key skills. Because he is also a sorcerer, each charge at an enemy potentially does extra fire destruction that damages the foe for the next few seconds.

We would really love some feedback on what you think and maybe some cool ideas you would like to see implemented into a PvP Arena game.

45. bgivenb

bgivenb

realized I don't have good examples of weapon modeling/texturing in my portfolio, so I made a 1911 today. Complete with some very over the top wear and tear; this thing's seen some serious action screen03 (2).png screen06 (2).png screen10 (2).png

Here is the Unity package for those interested. :) enjoy!

(credit to blackhart2012 for a great reference model)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  46. carking1996

carking1996

47. TRALLALAL

TRALLALAL

48. Blacklight

Blacklight

Thank you for providing a download for that model! As a student in 3d game art it should be interesting to look at.

49. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

For the story mode, a scientist

50. mcunha98

mcunha98