Search Unity

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Blacklight

Blacklight

Changed some of the design and threw together some textures.

Billy4184, AlexZimich and Kona like this.
  2. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Heres the inside corridors of my space ship :p

Just wanted to share

Thunderent and Blacklight like this.
  3. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

I've been thinking about redoing most of mine, as some of them are too small or aren't detailed enough.

By the way you're models are extremely good!

AlexZimich likes this.
  4. canaljuegos32

canaljuegos32

Trying more hard with the tombs:

Lu3DLC and Thunderent like this.
  5. NiloBR

NiloBR

working on 2D water shader

Lu3DLC, marcos and TheAlmightyPixel like this.
  6. Kona

Kona

I love that bouncing dude! Oh, nice shader work by the way ;)

7. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Thank you! That is nice to hear, I put a lot into my art, but not many ppl like low poly mobile and such. I get a lot of, "why not next gen graphics", and "thats nice"

On another note, the loadout is almost done, so theres a bunch of cool things to go along with that. Namely new art and a new beta!

8. NiloBR

NiloBR

thank u very much... is one of many prototypes... i hope this one turns into a proper game...

9. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    snowconesolid, Whiteleaf and NiloBR like this.
  10. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Im redoing the corridors today, er, tonight. This is how it is so far. Everything in should be finished... Or not started, like the airlock. But the emissive maps look nice :D

11. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

I envy you and your art so much haha. On a random note, I found that using emissive materials and then baking it, then creating light probes everywhere runs a lot faster than point lights. Kinda cool but it doesn't allow support for shadows, so.

AlexZimich likes this.
  12. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Thats something i should learn about! I know little to nothing about light maps, probes, and baking :p

Thank you again! Everything i do seems to be better than the last iteration. so i guess... im improving? Cool!
    I will tell you it doesnt get easier each time around, just better :D Keep up the good work!

13. Multidevan13

Multidevan13

I am currently working on a laser pack that allows you to create and customize different types of lasers? I need some feedback please!

Thanks

laser_1.PNG laser_2.PNG laser_3.PNG

14. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Put some time into the corridors :D Im pretty happy with the results!

Billy4184, Whiteleaf and Blacklight like this.
  15. Lu3DLC

Lu3DLC

@snowconesolid you know, @Dag Tholander is right, if you clean up the models a bit, they can go from good characters to amazing. You're doing a great job! If you want to do more complex characters like Drake or Snake, go for it. Try it and if you fail, try again. Everything is trail and error. That's how I got better, and still am getting better. Trying new and more difficult things just perfects your art.

@Dag Tholander your soldier looks amazing btw! and yeah, adding a few more details like dirt and scratches to the textures would make it look better!

Keep up the great work guys!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    snowconesolid likes this.
  16. Lu3DLC

Lu3DLC

Okay guys! It's official, the 3LE Low poly environment pack is now available on the Asset Store!:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/64724

It's available for free if you guys want to try it out and use it for any projects you guys may have. Feedback is always welcomed :D

17. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Got inspired by the original Quake and did some low poly practice:

About ten minutes, with no head obviously.

snowconesolid, Lu3DLC and AlexZimich like this.
  18. KnifeMedia

KnifeMedia

A nice morning environment. I've been teaching myself 3D for about a year now and I'm finally feeling confident in my ability to produce something game-worthy. I used Scion post-processing and UBER shaders for this one. Currently runs real-time about 75-80 fps in 1440p on a 280x.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    _M_S_D_, Whiteleaf, Lu3DLC and 4 others like this.
  19. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Just a quick project. about 30 minutes to do

snowconesolid, Whiteleaf and Lu3DLC like this.
  20. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Thanks man! I will keep working hard and improving myself. I feel I have come very far since when I first started years ago. Couldn't even make out what my early 3d models where suppose to be at first lol. I will keep improving myself.

By the way, excellent job on your low poly asset and congrats on getting it onto the asset store. Free stuff is obviously always awesome, but you worked hard on that man. You should sell it. You deserve to get something back in return for your work. :)

Anyway guys, today my game went live on Steam
    Its called "Potato Thriller Steamed Potato Edition"
    I don't want to sound spammy or self promoting, but I am just really excited to have my content on such
    a platform. Didn't think it was worth making a new thread for this.

Here is a group photo of all the characters in game :D

and now I shall ride off into the sunset to create more weird games with Unity :D

Lu3DLC likes this.
  21. Lu3DLC

Lu3DLC

Anytime! :D It's always good to keep moving forward and trying new things to improve. I hear ya on coming far after a few years. I've looked at my early models and think...wow what was I doing lol

Thanks for the congrats for the low poly asset. Yeah it was a lot of work, but everyone's gotta start out somewhere. This pack was free because, well it's my first official pack lol and it didn't have a lot. I plan I making a bigger low poly pack and that I will sell. Also have some plans for other stuff I'll be showing here soon :D

Congrats on Potato Thriller getting greenlit! Seems like something interesting to play lol Now ride that sunset and make weird games! lol

22. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

hahaha thanks man I appreciate it. I'll keep creating.
    I agree with you about everyone starting out somewhere. I released a ton of free stuff over the years. But nothing actually good. Your package however, looks like very good quality. Don't be afraid to put a price tag on your work. Releasing it for free is a very generous gesture and I wish all the best luck as you continue to create awsome content. :)

Lu3DLC likes this.
  23. Lu3DLC

Lu3DLC

Thanks for that! Really means a lot :) I'll definitely sell the next pack since I plan on making it better quality :D

24. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

The loadout screen v2.0 is now complete! Everything thats supposed to work, works. Im very happy with how its turned out. That said, how does it look to everyone else? Is it easy to read, easy to understand? It runs on iphone too but it is rather tiny... I will look into fixing it on smaller screens.

Thank you for seeing!

Whiteleaf and Lu3DLC like this.
  25. Lu3DLC

Lu3DLC

That looks great @Lachadonan ! The only thing (in my opinion) to change would be where the primary weapons are, putting the name in smaller letters below the icon so that the weapon icons can be viewed. Or do you plan on changing this? Either way the rest looks amazing! Great work!

26. Blacklight

Blacklight

Side rooms:

Lu3DLC, snowconesolid and Whiteleaf like this.
  27. nickyoso1

nickyoso1

It looks great. The only thing that confuses me is the plus and minus symbols below the ammo. I assume it is to change the amount of ammo, but it doesn't feel like it's connected to the ammo.

28. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Thank you everyone! I just finished the Spec/Normal map stuff. Big improvement :D

The only one that doesnt like it is my ipad :p

Thunderent likes this.
  29. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

What's the framerate like?

AlexZimich likes this.
  30. Chris3Design

Chris3Design

Working on this :)

Blacklight, Lu3DLC and Whiteleaf like this.
  31. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Not great. Im using a mini2 and im getting 30-35 frames for the menu. I plan to remove what is needed for smooth gameplay in the actual game. Also the camera will be much farther out in game. so hopefully it will still look good :D

Lu3DLC and Whiteleaf like this.
  32. Lu3DLC

Lu3DLC

Clouds_Mountains.PNG

Alright guys, here's what the new pack is looking like so far. I plan to have a lot more models in it, like more options for trees, more mountains, rocks, and clouds (since I forgot to add clouds to the last pack haha) Also, the clouds will be released first for free as just a low poly cloud pack, which there will be more cloud options as well. so what do you guys think?

AlexZimich and Whiteleaf like this.
  33. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Everything is going smoothly! I hope to have something cool to share really soon!

Lu3DLC likes this.
  34. Blacklight

Blacklight

35. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

Since I was feeling unmotivated about working on the TD game today I decided to put together some random platformer type concept (that won't become a game). Used unity water and speed tree conifer.
    20160626.jpg

36. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

I saw your game on Jim Sterling's channel! :D

AlexZimich and snowconesolid like this.
  37. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Lol I did too :D
    I enjoyed watching him play even if he didn't necessarily like it :rolleyes::D

_M_S_D_ and AlexZimich like this.
  38. Lu3DLC

Lu3DLC

sorry for the randomness guys, but just wanted to say here's what the low poly cloud pack is gonna look like. I'm about to send it off and hopefully it gets published. Lemme know what you guys think! LP Cloud Pack  Full Preview.PNG

AlexZimich, mancuso and Whiteleaf like this.
  39. mancuso

mancuso

Working on some Copper pots and vases.

Lu3DLC likes this.
  40. Tzan

Tzan

I made a post card.

mancuso likes this.
  41. redpanda

redpanda

Added more details to my winter pack

Not_Sure, Whiteleaf and Thunderent like this.
  42. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Hourglass Prop

EDIT : Broken/Damaged Camera Lens

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    Whiteleaf likes this.
  43. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Make a character, I might use him in a horror game or something.

In my mind he was a lot creepier and more disturbing; pretty much if Tim Burton made him. I'll remake his textures in the future, but for now he's good. I might also give him a beak or somethinh.

44. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Loadout screen is almost done. It's come a long way

theANMATOR2b and Whiteleaf like this.
  45. NiloBR

NiloBR

Exploring different art styles, and trying to balance texture detail and art budget..
    Any feedback is appreciated...

46. bgivenb

bgivenb

47. Kona

Kona

I'ld say that the lower picture is on the right road, the style feels very fairytale-ish. :)

48. NiloBR

NiloBR

thx for the feedback... i also want to do the lower style... but i guess i will have to turn down the detail level a bit... otherwise the development time will be 80% of painting things... oh well... nobody said that being a indie dev was easy stuff...

49. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Making a small horror game, nearly 100% inspired by Amnesia: The Dark Descent. There are a LOT of similarities, however I'm going to try and make mine unique in some way. Been working on this since earlier this morning, got a rig done as well as some basic animations for temporary arms, a lantern that's textured w/ normal map, and I just made a door like 30 mins ago with a texture and a normal map.

And yes, I know the note doesn't make much sense. It's going to be part of the story line, though...well the concept and what the note's hinting at. Frankenstien-ish creatures being created by a professor. This game's gonna take place around the 1700th century.

50. canaljuegos32

canaljuegos32

Paint this took me a while:

Not_Sure likes this.