Search Unity

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Dude, that is looking amazing! Keep it up! :)

2. puppeteer

puppeteer

Working on my next game template, here's a Flying Kawaii Robot Blaster:

3. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Looking great!

4. Howard-Day

Howard-Day

Working on custom shaders and rendering in unity to make 3d objects render like classic pixel art. Some success so far! The web build is here: http://www.hedfiles.net/PixelShader/PixelShader.html

I'm going to put together a tutorial and release the source when it's closer to done-ish.
    Enjoy!

5. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

WOW!

I would love to play around with this and my work!!!!

6. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Okay, I'll admit, I was NOT expecting this to work at my level of coding(average-advanced beginner). It did though and I'm literally SUPER excited it did! And I figured out how to use PlayerPrefs.

So I was just sitting down on my couch, bored, and thought, "Hmm, I wonder if I could use PlayerPrefs to save the players rotation, position, and name; and then load it." So I went to another computer my family has, and opened Unity. I started typing away, and 30 minutes later, I came out with this.

There's a button that let's you save your game, er, it saves your position in world space, rotation in world space, and your name(this was optional, but I wanted to see if it printed my name). In the console it will tell you that it saved the players world space position, rotation, and the player name. If you exit and go to the menu, and click the load button, it loads the scene that you saved on; and sets the players rotation and position to the ones that are stored in PlayerPrefs. It works flawlessly from my tests, AND it prints the name I entered!

Sorry for the long wall of text, I just had to show this somewhere and felt that the showcase thread was too much for this little paragraph or two of words. I'm still super happy, though! :D

7. HolBol

HolBol

I want this.

8. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Working on some assets and decided to put this scene together for some personal "eye candy".I'll give more info on the assets soon,something exciting coming up :D

nasos_333 likes this.
  9. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Looking nice! :)
    I actually went there first as well! Point being though, it will defintiely be worth finding a way to actually write an external save file, to avoid littering the windows registry with too many values... :D (Shouldn't be a prob with android and others however, they use a different location)

EDIT: May be good to release that too for other beginners, or even put up a mini-tutorial. :) Of course, this is up to you, I just think that a few beginning unity devs out there could benefit from this, especially if their weak point's coding. ;)

10. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Yup! I figured that saving the rotation and position of the player in PlayerPrefs wasn't the better way to do saving, but I have yet to learn how to save external files with all the info; I think that's come next, though!

11. Howard-Day

Howard-Day

Thanks! I'm releasing the method publicly. :p

Okay, took the opportunity to put together a little kitbashed space fighter from bits. It looks pretty neat! First is in the native, intentional palette, the second is indexed to the Raptor Call of the Shadows palette. :D

..and a angled verticle SHMUP version!

Enjoy!

bartm4n, Martin_H, Karearea and 4 others like this.
  12. nipoco

nipoco

Great shader Howard!
    I'm interested.

13. -Singularity-

-Singularity-

LP1.jpg

Some low Poly stuff I'm working on

14. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Pretty creepy looking, I like it! Great work!

-Singularity- likes this.
  15. Howard-Day

Howard-Day

The Indexing shader that I wrote wasn't quite doing what I thought it was. As a result...the indexed colors were being smoothly interpolated. This is, safe to say, not the intended behavior. I've since fixed it, and now, the indexed results are absolutely perfect. Kills me that I missed something this stupid. Ugh. UGH.
    Here's a look at the new output - pay attention to the LUT cube in the upper left. :D

So that's settled, and a weight off my mind. The next thing on my ToFIX list was the AA. It was very blurry - and just..looked artificial, and not pixeled at all. So, I figured out a method around that. The Scene is rendered with AA at 3x the final screen resolution.. then Nearest Neighbor scaled to the final desired resolution. Here's the image with no AA:

And with the new AA!

I'm stoked. It looks much improved to me!
    I'd love to hear any and all feed back and thoughts you guys have.

Enjoy!

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Water pong in forest, target settings and look (WIP)

Realistic forest setting with InfiniGRASS and Sky Master v3.0

InfiniGRASS and Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 in action. The goal is to come up with a new realistic style demo for InfiniGRASS v1.3, that will be pre-painted (and changable in game).

The new Water system in Sky Master will also be used to form a pond to go along with the forest. The pond settings for water will be selectable among various other settings (clear isle water, crystal clear water, muddy underwater etc)

EDIT: I also post a target pic for the pond underwater look

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    Thunderent likes this.
  17. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

I love the way the grass looks in the second picture,hard to believe it is real-time :D.Does it have a big impact on performance?

Meanwhile,here's a sneak peek on my upcoming Asset Store pack.

-Singularity- and nasos_333 like this.
  18. nasos_333

nasos_333

More pics:

The impact depends on the use of filters, shadow distance and quality etc. In normal use it can take extremely little in performance hit, especially if LOD stages are used (so the near detail can be huge and still be low on tris overall).

In the above pic (1080p) i have a huge number of image filters (volume fog, aberation, blur, AA, tone mapping, sun shafts), plus 4 shadow cascades, medium shadow texture quality and 350 shadow distance and i get 55-60 fps on my very old PC (core 2 duo from 2010).

Plus expensive SpeedTree trees are used and mushrooms are very detailed as well (they use LOD, since they can reach 3-4 million tris easilly if many are used). Grass does not use LOD in this scene, so there is a lot of room for optimization in this regard as well.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  19. -Singularity-

-Singularity-

It really is lovely grass @nasos_333

I'm definitely going to be picking it up when I get time.

nasos_333 likes this.
  20. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS fortest demo with fences.

I am working on a new demo that will combine Sky Master water-fog and the forest and hopefully will have a playable version soon, so it can be appreciated in real time too, with the wind etc

21. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

Character doodling!

Screen Shot 2015-09-21 at 3.47.17 PM.png

NomadKing and nipoco like this.
  22. Dennis_eA

Dennis_eA

This is epic!

What about performance? Any before / after screens? :eek::oops::cool::cool:

23. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Reminds me of Hermione from Harry Potter, haha!

Kellyrayj likes this.
  24. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

New icon, what could be the next step to work on this? I beveled it, added shininess and thats LCD screen look

25. feloxy

feloxy

Looks good to me, don't want to put too much on a small icon or else you will have trouble to distinguish what is on there.

26. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

Have to share this:

Whiteleaf likes this.
  27. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Looks like a ton of optimization is going to have to be done, but also if you're aiming for mobile, that UI is quite messy and obstructing.

28. -Singularity-

-Singularity-

LP3.jpg

A few More low poly WIP's, I'm having fun playing with this art style.

nasos_333 likes this.
  29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volume clouds

Shader based cloud dome

More pics:

Various cloud and ocean moods for Sky Master v3.0 presets WIP

30. i-tech

i-tech

Some fun with texturing :)

-Singularity- and Will-Morillas like this.
  31. Will-Morillas

Will-Morillas

Hi guys, doing the new modular character of our new game for Two Cats Games , the textures need more work and the pose is just for lighting purposes

The character has central part, arms, and legs so you can switch between them

The polycount is roughly 2000 tris for each robot
    FrontProtaNew.jpg
    BackProtaNew.jpg

32. -Singularity-

-Singularity-

LP4.jpg Nice @Will Morillas, I like modular characters.

Some more low poly;

NomadKing and Rick- like this.
  33. Howard-Day

Howard-Day

Got dithered Alpha working! Boy, do I like this effect. It's much better than just straight alpha.

Enjoy!

McMayhem, bartm4n, marcos and 5 others like this.
  34. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

The 2d-ifying shader looks really nice. The only part of this that doesn't gel with me is that when artists have to hand-draw these kind of graphics, the notion of doing 'real 3d'-looking characters and objects is extremely time consuming and difficult, so in a way the 'perfect' 3d actually seems a little unbelieable. But I guess someone could limit how many frames or rotation angles it uses. Too many angles and I think it loses that 'low resolution' sort of thing.

Karearea likes this.
  35. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

I just finished my plasma rifle and submitted it to asset store. It is still pending review and it's been 5 days. It was my 1st submission

36. marcos

marcos

37. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

Modelling exotic swords for my RPG game

First on is done only need some little tweaking now

Attached Files:

38. marcos

marcos

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

River land WIP enviornments for my RPG, using InfiniGRASS and Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 fog and water for the river (sky - clouds will be implemented later).

This is the entrance area to the forest shown in my previous post.

40. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

I'm making a little generic zombie wave survival game, and started to make the guns for it. I first made the Scar-H, not textured yet, but I got the model done.

http://imgur.com/SPf7Q8h

(image embedding isn't working, if that doesn't work tell me)

41. Martin_H

Martin_H

I absolutely love your results and if you release this publicly I'd be very interested to take a look at your implementation. I'm sure I could learn a lot from it. I tried implementing a similar look, but as a pure post effect and still using full pbr shading and realistic lighting at its core. I also love your mech designs, looking forward to see them in action!

When I experimented with my post fx pixelation effect I noticed that the picture gets really noisy when you slowly move the camera so I made it snap to increments that closely match the final pixel size on screen and that seemed to work better. I was considering also doing that for moving objects, but I fear it could look weird for slow moving things. Haven't tried it yet.

42. Rafael-Barbosa

Rafael-Barbosa

Hey marcos, how did you sculpt the clothes? Did you extrude them from the anatomy?

43. marcos

marcos

Yeah, just sculpted them from an extraction. I'll likely sim parts of the outfit, or project a sim onto some parts to get nicer folds. This was just a concept block-out to figure out the shapes and lines.

44. marcos

marcos

Will clean it up tomorrow and start on the boots or something. I don't like the way the pants look around the pelvis, they sit way too high and the folds are odd.

45. Mister-D

Mister-D

looks good! i think the pants are fine,
    heres something similar i made a while ago(more skin though:D)
    julierender.jpg

46. khos85

khos85

How did you make this model? Blender or Maximo maybe?

47. Mister-D

Mister-D

zbrush and cinema4d

48. CrisisSystem

CrisisSystem

Been lurking for a long time and have really enjoyed all the great progress shots here, and since artwork is starting to come to a place I like on my own project I figured I'd share some backgrounds. The 2nd will be a city skyline (post apocalyptic game), and will eventually be populated with lots of decrepit buildings, and will definitely have more color, but for now it does look pretty cool. ^^

There's some lighting issues in the first one like the pillar on the right, which will eventually get solved. Just in the process of nailing down the art style right now and creating assets for future scene building.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Billy4184 likes this.
  49. khos85

khos85

Just an idea I had, I'm going to use these concepts in a game, outside it seems normal but insides are electronic:

Can you spot the all the hidden faces (Rock faces..), how many are there:

All done in Artrage :)

godsinmyroom and nasos_333 like this.
  50. CrisisSystem

CrisisSystem

I see... 7 faces? Fantastic stuff man. Especially love the cybernetic tree concept/art!