Search Unity

[WIP] RPG I have been working on alone | Playable demo updated 11/12/14 | New Classes/GUI 14/12/14

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Durins-Bane, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

Thought I'd edit my post :)
    Hey all
    This is an RPG I have been working on alone in my spare time the past few months!
    Slowly adding different features and things as I go along trying to learn new things :)
    Let me know what you all think, looking for ideas on gameplay features etc.

I am no good with graphics, animations 3D so if anyone would like to help out and would like me to use their models/assets in my later versions I will definitely give credit to you if anything ever becomes of this. Just send me a pm and we'll sort it :)

Could really use some help with blood splatters!

Anyway, heres a video of the latest version of my game, I think its actually starting to look pretty good myself! Really pleased with how its turning out! I will release an updated playable version soon theres still a few bugs I need to fix in some of the new code I have done.

v3.0 Unity3D-RPG build 3.0 - MOAR MAGIC! & Classes - Added 2 new combat spells/Updated GUI/Level design

11/12/14
    Download - PC | v2.9 Newest update | http://www.filedropper.com/029_2

v2.7 Unity3D-RPG build 2.7 - MAGIC! Added first combat spell/More animated enemies/Improved AI [SPIDER/GOBLIN/SKELETON]

v2.5 Unity3D-RPG build 2.5 - HUGEUPDATE! New models/Remade AI/Multiple enemies & quests/Better exp system

v2.2 - Quests update/Added quest tracker/New sound effects
    Can now easily add multiple quests

v2.1 - Weapon/AI/Loot/Exp/Quest/Sound/Character skills(attributes)

v2.0 - Quests/Magic/New GUI
    ---- HAD TO REMOVE FOR LATEST VID CAN SEE ON MY CHANNEL----
    v1.1 - Guard/Companion & AI update
    v1 - Guard/Companion Combat/Magic

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    Crazy Sheep Games likes this.
  2. melidian

melidian

I like what you've got so far if you need any help on modeling (I'm not an expert but I can still help) feel free to ask me.

3. junglejapes

junglejapes

I like what you have so far aswell. My only suggestion would be to make your character taller. The way you have it it looks like they are the height of a blade of grass, paired with the large texture size it just makes it seem like you are crawling fighting halflings or something.

4. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

Hey would love your help with some models, let me know what you can do and ill put them in the next build :)

Yea I will change that I was messing with the grass height and just got bored and left it :)
    Will change that now actually!

Edit: New video - RPG build 2.2 - Quests update/Added quest tracker/New sound effects

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  5. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

Hello all made a big update to my game, let me know what you think

6. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

Magic update!
    Added first combat spell!

7. Ronald_McScotland

Ronald_McScotland

It's looking pretty good. I like the look of the menus. The only thing I'd change about them is maybe use a different font that looks more old fashioned instead of the default one.

8. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

Done :)
    Let me know what you think
    Ive added a playable demo of the latest update to my first post with a few other fixes and stuff aswell
    Only two quests to do at the minute but the enemies never stop spawning!

9. jessee03

jessee03

I think it looks like a cool idea so far. I would suggest doing some much faster animations for casting spells and sword swinging, to me it seems way way too slow. Also adding in some hit particle effects / blood would be more neat. That's if you want the User to feel like they're powerful or slowly build up the effects when they do level up.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  10. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

I do but all the animations, models etc are from the asset store, I am no good with models or animations have no idea where to start.

11. jessee03

jessee03

Animation speed can be changed through code. Well if you want to make a game that stands out you should learn 3d modeling and animation. Unless you just want to focus on programming.

12. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

Took your advice about the animations it definitely looks a lot better I think :)
    Tried to add blood splatters but I am having trouble at the minute.
    I added an effect to each spell so that it "explodes" on impact with an enemy

Heres the lastest video :)
    v3.0 Unity3D-RPG build 3.0 - MOAR MAGIC! & Classes - Added 2 new combat spells/Updated GUI/Level design

13. jessee03

jessee03

Just watched the video and it does look a lot better with faster animations and particle effects :) Just add some more audio effects and you have a nice looking game so far.

14. Durins-Bane

Durins-Bane

Added the first section of a cave im making in 3ds max :)