Search Unity

[WIP] Rise of Trolls: 2D side scrolling mmorpg

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Pickleninja, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Yeah, that's basically what I mean. I just added that you get a morph when you kill a creature, maybe have that creature have a low chance to drop a piece of equipment that allows the player to morph into that creature?

Pickleninja likes this.
  2. Pickleninja

Pickleninja

For sure :)

We plan on having rare monsters or certain bosses that will drop items like that. Others may be quest rewards, but for sure we plan on having those abilities!

On a side note, my wife, Ray and I did a battle royal since Ray got the server to recognize attacks! (well it only recognizes punching right now lol, so it was an epic battle of fisty-cuffs!).

I'm now working on getting a player info bar that will display a characters health/mana. I'll add some screenshots when it done :)

-Pickle

Whiteleaf likes this.
  3. Pickleninja

Pickleninja

Finally got started on dynamic lighting. It's amazing how much it adds. One of these days when this game is playable, I plan on making a video clip :)

-Pickle

Whiteleaf likes this.
  4. Pickleninja

Pickleninja

Had a very productive programming session with my other developer and knocked out server integration for digging into the ground :D

He also killed me when I was taking a screenshot and danced on my corpse :(

Next up will be server integration of items, or getting npc's to actually attack and suff. Exciting times!

-Pickle

Whiteleaf likes this.
  5. Pickleninja

Pickleninja

I let my wife play the game and she broke it in record time lol.

We basically started loading the level before joining the room, so she would modify the level, then i'd come in and I wouldn't be sync'd.

In the process of fixing that bug, I made a new level!

The new level was pretty easy to make, and soon I'll have it implemented with the server :D

-Pickle

Whiteleaf likes this.
  6. Pickleninja

Pickleninja

Male character finally added to game lol (took me long enough).

I've also almost got targeting npc's and players finished.

I've got a bunch of business travel coming up, so I'm hoping to knock out a ton more artwork :)

-Pickle

7. Pickleninja

Pickleninja

Dynamic level generation is about 80% complete, and I've got targeting working almost completely :)

Developement is so much slower when you have a wife and kid lol. But I have a 2 month business trip coming up soon. I might even reach a playable alpha in that time! :D

-Pickle

8. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Oooh, looks nice.

Pickleninja likes this.
  9. Pickleninja

Pickleninja

Thanks Whiteleaf :)

It's been a long road. I'm glad I'm finally getting somewhere :D

-Pickle

10. Pickleninja

Pickleninja

A couple more level types added.

Burnt forest.

Dry Grass Land.

Me and my partner are still working on porting npc's over to the server... I'd say we're about halfway towards having a baseline for it, then we'll have to work on npc actions.

-Pickle

Whiteleaf likes this.
  11. Pickleninja

Pickleninja

[female robe]

Working on adding cloth, mail, and plate mail armors to the characters. I'm also working on adding chat functionality that will allow for sending targeted messages. Currently messages are just broadcast to anyone in the room.

Coworker is working on npc's still. Hopefully that functionality is done this weekend.

-Pickle