Search Unity

[WIP] Porkahontas - Sci-Fi FPS with Pigs and Potatoes

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by tygoo7, Dec 16, 2013.

1. tygoo7

tygoo7

Nice suggestion! I will have to keep that in mind later on. Right now I am working on getting the potatoes rigged and animated to import to Unity as enemy AI.

There is some particles. I have tried other types but it didn't go well. I will add some more stuff to the glacier animation after I get other things finished with the level.

2. Cheburek

Cheburek

I like how he juggles the gun before dropping it, poor pig those opposable thumbs would have helped :(

3. tygoo7

tygoo7

Update 5/10

Stuff being worked on

-Potato Rigging
    -Potato Animating

Stuff to do

-Finish Animating Potato
    -Import Potato into Unity

4. tygoo7

tygoo7

Update 5/23 or 6/2

This was suppose to go out as an update on the 23rd but my internet broke.

5. tygoo7

tygoo7

Update 10/26

Sorry for no update in a while, I've been busy with some other stuff. With the 4.6 beta I finally got the energy to start working on this again. AND I have picked a pre-alpha release for you guys to test it out and give feedback. More info on it later.

EDIT: Updates will also become weekly again. I finally got into that habit again so no more "every few months small update."

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  6. tygoo7

tygoo7

Update 11/7

New Stuff
    -Showing off Beginning of level
    -New Main Menu

I can't show much of the level yet since I am still reworking it but I will slowly post progress of the level up until release. I am making a lot of progress and it is now the weekend so more time to work on it!

Please leave some feedback on what you guys think of it and what I can improve on it.

7. tygoo7

tygoo7

Quick update!

Working on a new system where you shoot a pile of rocks off of a cliff and it creates a "bridge" for you to safely cross the crevasse. Hope to have a video of it in action in a few days.

8. tygoo7

tygoo7

First testing download released! You can now download the game to try yourself. NOTICE: Does not represent the final game!

http://www.porkahontas.com/download.html

I would really love some feedback on this. I will be updating the level a bit over the week since there are a few bugs in it. Everything here is still a huge WIP and it does not represent the final game and the final version of the level.

9. static_cast

static_cast

WebPlayer pl0xorz gooby plz

10. tygoo7

tygoo7

I'm sorry, what? Are you asking for a Webplayer? I haven't really worked with the Webplayer that much and I don't know how to set it up so I am probably just going to stick to the download. :)

11. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Unity has an official tutorial on Webplayers. I also really like the idea of this game because it is a unique and weird FPS game instead of modern and WW2 kinds. ;)

12. tygoo7

tygoo7

I'll take a look at it and thanks! :)

And I'm also uploading a video of gamplay of the level. I should have a new version with less bugs and more features out next week sometime and maybe a webplayer either tonight or tomorrow

Whiteleaf likes this.
  13. tygoo7

tygoo7

Here's a gameplay video of the first level. It's pretty much just showing the game so far. I'll most likely have a webplayer up sometime tomorrow. :D

Any other feedback on the game so far? :)

14. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

The gameplay is cool! I like it.

Also, a few ideas:

(You were probably going to add the first one, but) Adding lasers when firing the gun to see where you're shooting at? It seemed a little hard to see where the bullets were going, but I could see the bullet holes perfectly fine.

And maybe make the potatoes aggro when near a large group/hearing sound/one of their friends getting attacked?

15. tygoo7

tygoo7

That feature was originally in, (I accidentally left in some parts of the level still.) The problem with that is that it took two bullets instead of one, so it was like shooting 2 at a time instead of 1. I will try to find a way to make it better to see it and without taking up an extra bullet.

Yeah I still need to work on the potatoes. The part in the game/video that you run towards the tower, the AI grid is not set up correctly (I had it set up but I forgot to save it), so they just stand still. The other parts work fine though. I'll try to figure out a way for the other potatoes to be alerted when one gets attacked or dies.

Also I can't seem to be able to make it a WebPlayer, weebly says the file is too big. I'll try to figure it out later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Whiteleaf likes this.
  16. tygoo7

tygoo7

Stuff planned for Update 0.12

-Complete the entire level

-Level Selecter
    -Fix bugs
    -Add more sound
    -More gameplay features
    -Change to ending of level
    -More action
    -Better GUI