Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIP] Platformer: Quatro Luzes

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by GGElias, Aug 30, 2015.

1. GGElias

GGElias

Hey guys!
    Quatro Luzes (from Portuguese, "Four Lights") is a game where you have to swap between 4 different worlds to proceed, using your brains and your skill.
    This is an old concept I had for a first person puzzle game, that due to the feedback of my testers, became a platformer, and we are all happy with this first result. I just want to showcase some of the features already in place, and post updates every 30-45 days. Here are the some videos:

Update #1 - Introduction

Update #2 - Some features.

Update #3 - Blue World

Demo (Windows):
    [32 bits] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53929593/QuatroLuzes/QLDemo.rar
    [64 bits] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53929593/QuatroLuzes/QLDemo64.rar

Let me know what you think!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  2. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

Its looks like a cool concept. The art style is very nice.

One thing I noticed is the wall jump's animation seems a little odd, the persons legs seem to not bend like a normal jump should.

Also maybe add some particles floating throughout the world, I have seen it done very nicely with many games.

Overall it looks quite nice, keep up the good work. :)

3. GGElias

GGElias

Thanks a lot. Yeah, the art style is defined, but not yet polished. My plan is to redo all the animations, once I know all the animations I need. To be honest the rigging I did was a little rushed, and just so I can program the Animator.
    Thanks again for your reply!

RavenOfCode likes this.
  4. Rick-

Rick-

This looks like a fun game,remembers me a bit of Crash Bandicoot,and that's a great thing.
    Keep it up :)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  5. inresin

inresin

I'm also working on a platformer, but from a very different approach. Awesome work and great style, very impressive :D

6. GGElias

GGElias

Update: Added 2nd video!

7. GGElias

GGElias

I just added a new update video for Quatro Luzes, where I give you the first look at the blue world. Also, sometime in the following week I will update the demo links to the current version, since I have made some big changes to the game client since then. I will let you know. Right now, as I explain in the video, I'm working on the 100% completion ending and playtesting the last 6 levels. Also, I hope to have the launch trailer ready soon.
    Cheers.