Search Unity

[WIP] Phozox - Physics puzzle platformer

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by inresin, Sep 3, 2015.

1. inresin

inresin

Phozox is a puzzle platformer with a strong emphasis on bright fun platforming combined with challenging physics based puzzles. The game is heavilly inspired by classic games like Spyro on the ps1. The goal of the project is to make something that is very simple and enjoyable to play with few controls whilst also having many interesting and challenging levels and puzzles. While the first levels will be very simple matters of jumping around later levels will require complicated solutions, involving moving blocks and other objects to trigger events or get past a seemingly insurmountable obstacle.

The story revolves around Phoz, the character you play as, and his quest for the gravity crystals that will stop the world being pulled apart and save his village.

Key Planned features:
    + 4 worlds each with around 12 levels
    + Many physics interactions and puzzles
    + A splitscreen coop world

I work on this project alone in my spare time between school work and would greatly appreciate you following the project and supporting me in it's continued development by providing feedback.

If enough people take interest I will post a demo for you guys to try out.

I regularly stream development of the project over at my twitch channel:
    www.twitch.tv/resinresin

I also post timelapses and other update material over at my youtube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ResinresinOffical

Additionally you can follow my twitter to keep up to date with when I will stream or what I am working on:
    https://twitter.com/Phozox

Development Videos (timelapses)

Gallery

Development Logs

I will post development logs here if i feel there is an interest from the community

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

It looks good aesthetically except for one minor thing.

I think the edge of the water might look better if they were more polygonal-ized, rough and varying like a rocky or uneven edge.
    upload_2015-9-3_23-20-50.png

3. inresin

inresin

thankyou for the feedback :) I hadn't noticed that and I certainly agree, while it doesn't look so bad from ground level the slope is noticeably too shallow when viewed from above. I'll adjust it to fit better with the overall style, thanks for bringing this to my attention :) if you have any other feedback on small visual tweaks or features I would love to hear it.

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

You nailed it. Glad you understood. :)
    I tried explaining with words but it was lacking so I used your image to relay better.

5. inresin

inresin

how about this?

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Looks ugly imo, the original was better.

7. inresin

inresin

hmm many be its a little too jagged, i need to find a middle ground

8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

The problem is it's reading badly. It's causing the eye to travel to an unimportant detail. You don't want riverbanks to be something that pulls the attention like that, unless you do!

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  9. inresin

inresin

Ah that's a good point!

Do you think this is better?, (i also joined together more of the bodies of water )

10. Crystalline

Crystalline

Looking great actually!

11. inresin

inresin

thankyou :D it looks a little cluttered at the moment due to the existing levels basically being a testing ground for each any ever model I make xD the hub level for instance has one of every single tree i have made when really i feel each area should have one or two trees in order to provide the player with a greater sense of variation.
    I appreciate your feedback thanks so much for taking the time to comment it really helps motivate me to work on the game :)

12. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Yes I agree more subtle would be better - and randomly scattered, instead of along the entire length of the bank.

13. inresin

inresin

I am starting a development log series. Here's an introduction:

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  14. inresin

inresin

Second phozox devlog :D

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  15. inresin

inresin