Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Photon Space Starter Kit

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by J_Troher, Oct 22, 2014.

1. J_Troher

J_Troher

I've been working on a space starter kit for a few days now, just out of boredom and wanting something fun to do.

I used the Unity Free Space Shooter Kit ( https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/13866 )
    As well as the free version of the Photon PUN on the assetstore (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/1786)

It contains everything needed for somebody to start a photon lobby, get into a room with whoever else is playing, and get to action.

I'm making it as simple and easy to set up as I can, Currently there is a Ship Component, a Damage Handler, a Component for Weapons/Turrets, and there will be other components for other subsystems like Shields.

At the moment, I'm not 100% happy with my speed and flight. It just feels slow. But at the same time, its simple and it works, which is really all I'm going for. (more Arcade-y feel)

I took a Fraps of a few minutes of gameplay with me and a second client logged in. It is kind of poor quality, considering I recorded it in 1080. I suppose I didn't compress it to MP4 right.. I will try to make the next video(s) better quality.

I also plan to design an NGUI hud for it later, as an option for those who have it.

I hope you guys like it! I would like to hear some suggestions of generic things that would be nice to have included if this sparks anybodies interest. I had tried some other similar setup's and I wasn't too fond of them.

2. J_Troher

J_Troher

One thing I would like to collab with somebody on is how to handle my crosshairs and target leading. So we can hit eachother better, without missiles.

Also, I'm looking for about 20 people to test this with. PM me here and I will contact you with a build link!