Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIP] Party Panic - Multiplayer party game!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by DMeville, Mar 13, 2016.

1. DMeville

DMeville

header.png

Update July 29th: PARTY PANIC IS NOW ON STEAM!!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/506500

Party Panic a is crazy local-multiplayer party game. Compete against your friends in 15+ rapid fire minigames, go head-to-head in the Deathmatch, or race through the brutal Gauntlet. You'll laugh, you'll cry, it's stupid.

I'd love some feedback, let me know what you think!

Video - 04-01-2016

Video - 03-17-2016

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  2. Theoutcastgamersofficial

Theoutcastgamersofficial

Hey there!

This looks like an amazing game to play with friends!
    Perhaps we can showcase your game on our channel if you would like that!

Anyways, good job so far on the game, I would buy it!

DMeville likes this.
  3. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

This game looks pretty cool, I love playing party games with friends and this fits right in that genre. :D

Just curious what are the expected consoles for this game?

Keep up the good work! :)

4. sokki

sokki

Looks crazy as you said, and I'd love to bring this game to the web platform, by buying the license ofc :) Or perhaps you'll plan to release on consoles (multi-joystick) stuff?

5. DMeville

DMeville

@Theoutcastgamersofficial Thanks! That sounds awesome, we will definitely be in touch once things are more complete! :)

@RavenOfCode Thanks! Starting with Win/osx/linux, then mostly likely WiiU/XBOne/PS4 shortly after (ideally!)

@sokki Thanks! Not sure if we're planning on a web release though (and we've released many flash games in our days), aiming for something bigger this time! :)

6. Griffo

Griffo

Great .. Love it .. Wish I'd thought of it .. ;)

7. sokki

sokki

@sokki Thanks! Not sure if we're planning on a web release though (and we've released many flash games in our days), aiming for something bigger this time! :)[/QUOTE]

Flash games, you don't say :) Hehe, our whole site was based on start on flash games, but now as technology changes, we adapt to new game types, like unity in this case, and continue with buying games and distributing them all across the web :)
    If you believe the web version can come as a plus for you, regarding resources and exposure, I'd love to talk about budget and game plans, DMeville.

8. DMeville

DMeville

I spent some time refining the look of the main room, making lighting look nicer and much more bright. Also replaced all the text in the game with TextMeshPro for some awesomely crisp SDF font rendering.

Not sure why red is standing on the couch though. Weirdo.

Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 11.31.36 AM.png

9. DMeville

DMeville

10. Schneider21

Schneider21

Looks like a lot of fun!

DMeville likes this.
  11. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

Lol the red one in the backround, what a stalker. ;)

Griffo, sokki and DMeville like this.
  12. DMeville

DMeville

I made a new video with some new things, like always I'd love any feedback/thoughts/impressions! :)

600, Griffo and RavenOfCode like this.
  13. DMeville

DMeville

I made a post on reddit a few days ago and got some awesome feedback. I spent weekend doing a bunch of stuff, and trying to polish everything up. So new things include:

• New lava level art
    • Games now have a popup that explains the next game a bit, as well as giving you instructions. Previous I had the controls wipe across the screen before the game started, but this was hard to follow.
    • The main game loop actually works now. A winner is declared when the game conditions are met (i.e., whoever reaches X score first), and then puts you back into the main menu if you want to play another game (or a different game mode)
    • Added in pretty much all the missing music and sfx - everything sounds much more complete now
    • I did something stupid (and hilarious) based on the feedback from reddit. Before on the "falling rocks' minigame sometimes instead of rocks a giant goober head would spawn. Someone suggested that when you die your head should respawn, and you should be able to control it to squish the other, still alive, players. This worked out really well and really like how this minigame works now. I'm gunna have to implement this sort of "taking control of the hazards" when you die to mess with the other players in the other games
    • I also started a new, entirely different, gamemode called the "Gauntlet" earlier today. Basically each player takes turns trying to complete an obstacle course as fast as possible. Lots of fun hazards to avoid in this (like swinging hammers), which activate ragdoll slowmo when you get hit (and is hilarious). This is still super WIP though

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 1.59.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 2.01.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 2.10.32 AM.png

Attached Files:

RavenOfCode likes this.
  14. DMeville

DMeville

Here's a gif of part of the gauntlet! Super super WIP still, just trying out this idea to see if it's worth expanding on
    slowmoragdoll.gif

RavenOfCode likes this.
  15. DMeville

DMeville

Latest update! Added three new minigames (that still need a bit of love) but we're now up to 8 games!

Griffo and RavenOfCode like this.
  16. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

The music is a bit annoying, but other than that it looks quite hilarious! I love the eating competition. :p

17. DMeville

DMeville

Here's another video of two players with two AI, we went through all the minigames!

RavenOfCode and 600 like this.
  18. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

Just curious with the game of putting the heads(?) into the machine I noticed that blue lost points when yellow put a head into his. Shouldnt yellow have lost the points?

19. DMeville

DMeville

I thought about that, but one thing I'm trying to do with every minigame is have some way to sabotage the other players, in this game it's being able to drop wrong heads into other players machines to make them lose points :p

It might not stay this way, but I thought it was funny

20. DMeville

DMeville

Playing around with an idea I had for another game mode this weekend. Splitscreen fps! (Goldeneye 64/Conkers bad fur day anyone??) It's pretty barebones still yet, but I think it has potential to be pretty crazy and fun, it will be a nice addition alongside the minigames. Splitscreen works too (1-4 players), but the video doesn't show that!

21. DMeville

DMeville

Here's another video of the fps mode, it's coming along nicely. Needs more stupidity though.

RavenOfCode and Griffo like this.
  22. DMeville

DMeville

New video, working on trying to polish up everything, this shows the 10 minigames that I currently have in, although some of them (like the zombie one) still need a bit of work. Ok back to work ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

RavenOfCode likes this.
  23. DMeville

DMeville

The minigame portion of the demo is pretty much complete now, just missing some new music and sfx, and a little bit of polish left. There's a total of 9 different minigames now! Here's a new video!

Like always any feedback anyone has I'd love to hear it!

24. Griffo

Griffo

Really do love it, I think this should go far, I might have to pinch some ideas ;)

And it's looking a lot better ..

Keep up the great work ..

DMeville likes this.
  25. DMeville

DMeville

@Griffo Thanks! I appreciate it :)

26. DMeville

DMeville

RavenOfCode and Griffo like this.
  27. Griffo

Griffo

Good luck .. Voted.

DMeville likes this.
  28. DMeville

DMeville

Been working on a bunch of stuff the last few weeks. Lots of legal and paperwork stuff preparing for steam!

The game now has 15 different minigames, a few were scrapped and done from the ground up to make them easier/more fun along with a brand new game mode: Deathmatch! A classic fps-like splitscreen deathmatch arena, similar to the classic N64 Conkers Bad Fur Day and Goldeneye 64! Still needs a bunch of work, polish and more weapons but it's pretty cool so far! I think it's a welcome addition to the game, and offers a different kind of gameplay if you get tired of the rapid-fire minigames!

sokki and RavenOfCode like this.
  29. sokki

sokki

looks better and better! Keep on the good work, DMeville!

DMeville likes this.
  30. DMeville

DMeville

RavenOfCode and sokki like this.