Search Unity

[WIP] Math Scientist Facebook game by 3 Hereos Studio

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Nemanja_DarkOne, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Nemanja_DarkOne

Nemanja_DarkOne

This is our first game that we will publish on Facebook during November of this year. It is a match 3 tip of game but with a little twist that we will tell in upcoming days.

Game has numbers instead of gems or other thing that people usually use in this game. We want back to drawing board and create another set so that they look good and that people can easily match them.

First run was total failure

so we tried again

again better but not yet there so we tried a couple more

and again

In the end we figured out we could have themed levels with different kind of numbers in it.
    This time we should just numbers in a couple of days we will show more visual parts of a game.
    I will update this post as we update our blog post on our site.

Game is about 80% finished. With logic almost done and levels bing created the plan is that every 7 days when we release the game we push update with new levels and new numbers.

Fill free to comment and ask questions

I forgot to input a link to the blog post about numbers
    http://3heroesstudio.com/?p=105

3 Heroes Studio

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  2. Nemanja_DarkOne

Nemanja_DarkOne

As I promised here is a new update with our new blog post.

So last time I posted about numbers and I know that with that you could not see what we were aiming to achieve. So today I will show you some background with numbers placed on them.

Here you can see how our firs stage of about 30 levels will look like. With mathematic office in the background and the first set of numbers. You can also see our top GUI that is not yet completed a lot of buttons are missing

Second stage we are moving into chemistry lab. That is where those weird chemistry numbers come in play. Again on top is not so finished GUI.

If you are interested in reading some more about this background, and how we created them swing by our blog on this subject
    http://3heroesstudio.com/blog/118

I hope you like it.

Fill free to comment and ask questions

3 Heroes Studio

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    Marceta and Crazy Sheep Games like this.
  3. Dakkawoof

Dakkawoof

Hey there, here is a small update on the game.

We've been kinda busy past weeks mostly due to Casual Connect (we had a metric ton of meetings xD). Despite that we did do some work (other than talk to other developers/publishers), but had no time to share :/ ... anyway here is the current state of the game:

Finished the basic logic and falling/swapping animations and added graphical assets, so there is finally something nice to show, yay :3

Working on some nice particle effects for animating destruction and creation of numbers, and a shader to animate dem bubbles. Hopefully now we will have more time to share stuff (fingers crossed)

edit: gif in spoiler :3

Marceta likes this.
  4. Dakkawoof

Dakkawoof

Another small update + one fun bug we had :D

We added some basic gui to the game, floating text (for score), basic animations for numbers and reshuffling of the board if there are no more moves left.

Now for the bug part :D
    So reshuffling should just move all the numbers around the board when there are no more movies. So we placed a simple placeholder animation to move the numbers to their location, and tested it out. And instead of all numbers going to their place at the same time we got this:

And here is the code that contains the bug. + explanation :D
    Line 11

Code (CSharp):
    1.  done = (done && Board.FrontTile[i][j].Animate() );
    the && operator short-circuited once done became false, and never let the Animate() method do its job. the fix was easy, but it was fun hunting this one particular bug :D

Code (CSharp):
    1.  done = ( Board.FrontTile[i][j].Animate() && done );
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public override void Update()
    2.     {
    3.         bool done = true;
    5.         for (int i = 0; i < 9; i++)
    6.         {
    7.             for (int j = 0; j < 9; j++)
    8.             {
    9.                 if (Board.FrontTile[i][j] != null)
    10.                 {
    11.                     done = (done && Board.FrontTile[i][j].Animate() );
    12.                 }
    13.             }
    14.         }
    15.         if (done)
    16.             Board.State = Board.StateLogicCheck;
    17.     }
    How it looks without the bug

Marceta likes this.
  5. Dakkawoof

Dakkawoof

A (mostly) visual update, added:

numbers:
    -new double digit numbers

animations:
    -new reshuffle animations
    -hint animations to help the player find possible moves
    -animation on number creation to emphasize the new created number

particles:
    -basic dust particle effect (still waiting for a nice dust cloud image to replace the white square)

gui:
    -fading score points
    -new score bar (still not completely done)

mission objects:
    -equation mission objects. Equations "blow up" when solved

Marceta likes this.
  6. Marceta

Marceta

Svaka cast, mislim da ce vam ovo biti uspjesno, puno srece u svakom slucaju :)
    Congratulations, i think this will be successful, anyway i wish you good luck :)

7. Dakkawoof

Dakkawoof

Ty for the kind words.

Also way too long without any update here D: ... lets fix that
    We made bunch of new stuff, so here is some of it:

-a map selection screen system. players will be able to play more than one new level and will have the choice to play another level if they get stuck on some other one

-new special numbers/characters
    -new animations to notify users that the numbers are soon to expire
    -new particles
    -new animation for the numbers to notify the user that the level is finished

-also other visual updates to the game (most apparent on big numbers, equations and score widget)