Search Unity

[WIP] Kart racing - multiplayer

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by ironcape, May 24, 2016.

1. ironcape

ironcape

Hi guys!

I'm developing a multiplayer kart racing mobile game where you race against your friends or against random opponents. The single player is also available. There will be several tracks and cars available.

What kind of reward system would be good? Should there be monetary rewards, and then racers could buy new cars and accesses to new tracks? Maybe some other interesting system, any suggestions?

Below short video from single player mode:

Any feedback/suggestions are welcome!

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    RavenOfCode likes this.
  2. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

Make them slide! You might want to have a lack of grip which makes braking alot more nessicary and takes alot more skill, making top speed not the most nessicary factor.

It looks quite good though! Keep it up! :)

3. FeedorFeed

FeedorFeed

Would like to point out that go-karts in real life are actually ridiculously grippy.

4. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

I was just trying to give an example of a way to make the game more interesting (and also I like cars... that mighta been something to do with it :p), from what it looks like now it seems quite boring , grip was the biggest thing I saw that could increase the skill factor. :)

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    FeedorFeed likes this.
  5. ironcape

ironcape

Thanks to both of you guys for comments. I'll have to think about that grip, it could indeed increase the interest in the game.

How about reward system, any fresh ideas for that?

6. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

Getting money from winning is pretty standard, but I like it. Having each player build his own car (kinda like mario kart I guess), but you need to buy the parts with the money you get from winning (like f1). This is an interesting way to incorporate money yet make it feel a bit more interesting. Or you could get money from working for a team/agent, they pay you and the goal would be to get to be with the most expensive team/agent.

Do what you want but do something not super boring. ;)

ironcape likes this.
  7. ironcape

ironcape

First version for Android has now been released. Multiplayer is working and it uses Google Play Services, so you have to login with google play account to play online.

Development still going on, any feedback and suggestions are welcome and appreciated :)

Game can be loaded from google play store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ironcapegames.race

RavenOfCode likes this.