Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Inventory Master - Inventory System with the new UI System 4.6

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Sander1991, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sander1991

Sander1991

Written with the new UI System 4.6!!

Current Features:

• Creating a Player-, Storage-Inventory, Character System(Equipment System), Hotbar, Crafting System:
      • In realtime in the scene mode:
        • Adding Slots
        • Change size of Slots, Itemicon
        • Change padding between the Slots and left, bottom and right side of the inventory
        • Adding Items into the Inventory
        • Change position of the number for Stacking Items
        • Fully customizable design
    • Tooltip
    • Dragging Inventory
    • Dragging/Swapping Items
    • Off/On Stackable Items
    • Manage/Delete/Adding Items through a Itemdatabase
    • Manage/Delete/Adding Blueprints trough a Blueprintdatabase
    • Drop Items on the ground
    • Split Items
    I recommend you to watch the video or use this demo about the system:

>>>DEMO<<<

Introductionvideo:

Asset will cost 30$ on the AssetStore.

If you got some questions just write them ;).

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    mliukka likes this.
  2. Sander1991

Sander1991

Just updated the text with some important informations!

3. Sander1991

Sander1991

Added the tooltip into the system.

4. Subzero619

Subzero619

Wow this looks very nice.

I'm hoping this applies to several game objects, so like chest inventory and then drag and drop into your own.

5. Uranium

Uranium

this is very awesome, i am one of the testers of this asset, i would definetly buy it when it will go into the asset store only to support the creator, also i would like to mention i have my own inventory system that is also made for "Bolt" and its fully authoritative but i also learned a few things from this inventory and the way its orginaized and i was also able to clean a bit my inventory script, and after all this system is very amazing and powerful, good for any inventory needed uses and i also recommend to try to get into this Inventory system beta group to check out how it works, and if you really like that asset and the work that the creator has done, feel free to buy it when its up on the asset store like i am planning to do,
    so yea great job! definetly worth checking out!.

6. FGDevFrank

FGDevFrank

This is a very good asset for inventory best out their in my opinion. I really love it because its really easy and customizable. Not that many bugs as well really good.
    Worth Checking out

7. Sander1991

Sander1991

Fully customizable Design of the Inventory and splitting Items is possible now!

8. meapps

meapps

I am one of the beta testers great product so far. Easy to use. Worth trying.

9. HappyMoo

HappyMoo

Beta-Tester here. Just listening on this thread for now as most comment will go directly to dev.

10. Milan Kruger

Milan Kruger

Became a Beta tester today. And this product is Amazing anyone who has doubts it, don't its better than anything I've seen before. I just did a few minutes of testing but i will keep an update following the new Bug fixes. And ill have a better review after a few more days of testing. so for the other beta testers out there ENJOY.

11. Sander1991

Sander1991

Source code is fully documentated now.

12. Sander1991

Sander1991

Added some pictures

13. Sander1991

Sander1991

Completly recoded the whole system. So what do you think about the inventory system?

14. Akini

Akini

Im also a Beta Tester.
    Some Features, which would be nice:
    • A Player Panel ( shows the current worn Armor and Some Informations )

I dont know how, but it is possible to make a DropDownList for functions which are performed, when using an item.
    So it is more flexible to add Code. The Current Way is a String. Perhaps you can find a better one. Some Feature Like the one from the animation.

Good Job, Keep it Up.

15. Sander1991

Sander1991

Added some .gif files for better explanation.

16. dandando

dandando

I would love to help you test this. My skype name is das10c

17. LegendWill

LegendWill

It's been awesome being a beta tester. I have been able to achieve a lot of things with the help of this inventory system such as weapon lockers, backpacks, and storage boxes. I think a price of $10 is perfect. It's soooo easy to set this up and adjust it. I would recommend this to anyone.

18. hollywoodcolor

hollywoodcolor

I would love to beta test your system I have been looking for an Inventory system that works with the new 4.6 IU.

19. Sander1991

Sander1991

Actually I am pretty close to set the Inventory System into the assetstore. It will take around 1-2 weeks and it will be avaibable for around 15$.

20. hollywoodcolor

hollywoodcolor

Awesome I am looking forward to it.

21. Sander1991

Sander1991

Added hotbar and Character System(Equipment System) new .gif files will come. Video got updated.

22. Druss

Druss

Great Asset ! Thumbs up.

23. CallToAdventure

CallToAdventure

I'd love to beta test this - also, if you need graphic assets and marketing material for it, let me know. No charge. Been waiting for something like this too long. I can ensure top quality for the 2d assets (I have an Apple Design award for outstanding design).

24. Yudhi

Yudhi

Add me as your beta tester.

25. Sander1991

Sander1991

Sorry, no more beta tester anymore.

26. Sander1991

Sander1991

Added customizable designs and dropping items. Will be released soon.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    OHG777 likes this.
  27. OHG777

OHG777

Really looking forward to trying this inventory system! Been lurking here for a while.

28. giraffe1

giraffe1

will this be integrated for UFPS?

yummybrainz likes this.
  29. Sander1991

Sander1991

I am thinking about it. Maybe in a later version.

30. Sander1991

Sander1991

31. Sander1991

Sander1991

I started to code the craft system! This means the price will raise to around 25$-35$ later.

32. shadow-river

shadow-river

Hi, I brought your asset a couple of days ago and its absolutely amazing. I was wondering if any one could tell me were or what script to reference to be able to set active a game object once I equipped a weapon and set it inactive when its un-equipped. I thought you could do it by sending a message but it deletes the item. (because I presume its for consumables) Thanks.

33. Sander1991

Sander1991

Did you write me per email? When yes I answered you ;).

34. Sander1991

Sander1991

Update with the craft system is waiting for review by the assetstore. You can buy the asset for 15$ until I get a answer from unity. Than it will cost 30$.

35. Alex3333

Alex3333

Добрый день. Я купил эту систему после просмотра видео на YouTube. Тем не менее, после покупки, я обнаружил, что система крафта нет !!! Вы не могли бы прислать систему крафта на почту drugin123@gmail.com 2 После того как я установил все как положено - никаких ошибок! Но, через несколько секунд после начала- все окна будут перемещены в левой части поля зрения экрана !! как это исправить ??? Пожалуйста, ответьте на мою почту. спасибо

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      457.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      492 KB
      Views:
  36. Sander1991

Sander1991

Sorry, but I cannot read russian. Can you write it in english please?

37. Vickylance

Vickylance

Lol just use google translate to understand Russian or any other language. And ya awesome tutorial cheers.;). I think this is what he said (Google translated it :)).

Good afternoon. I bought this system after watching the video on YouTube. However, after the purchase, I found that the crafting system is not !!! You could not send mail crafting system drugin123@gmail.com . After I installed everything as it should be - no mistakes! But, after a few seconds baam all windows will be moved to the left side of the field of view of the screen !! how to fix it ??? Please reply to my mail. thank you

38. Sander1991

Sander1991

Thanks. I just wrote him a email ;).

39. Sander1991

Sander1991

Started to create the Scripting API.

40. Thomdubra

Thomdubra

Which version of Unity3d I can use?

41. Sander1991

Sander1991

You have to use 4.6.1. It is working with unity free.

42. Alex3333

Alex3333

Hello, thank you for my translated text. dogodalsya not immediately write in English. Thank the person who took the trouble to translate my message))). I wanted to write something here this equipment is very good - Library Developer tried well. Of course just like to change it to me under my needs would be good, but as long as I do not get. And most importantly - I wrote above about the fact that inventory slides to the left of the screen. This is not a bug of this equipment, and mine. Already corrected at it. I advise everyone who needs a nice and convenient system. Sorry for my english)))

43. Siduron

Siduron

As a developer working on a spaceship RPG in his free hours, this asset seems worth purchasing.
    One thing i am most interested in (and which was only covered briefly in the videos) is using/equipping items.

The video tutorial only shows the apple item being linked to a function that adds health. This makes me wonder if it possible to:

-Pass a parameter to define the amount of health recovered (thereby reusing the function for other healing items).
    -Equip items instead of using them and thereby passing along item specific stats to a function (which in turn applies it to the player).

I'm really eager to know the possibilities since it would save me lots of time.

44. Sander1991

Sander1991

Actually I am coding a event system that you can call a function everytime when you consume and equip an item. I am also rewriting the item class actually. It is not really flexible at the moment. This will come in the next update so you can paste so much stats into an item how much you like. I hope I could help.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  45. Sander1991

Sander1991

Nice to hear ;).

46. LoDx

LoDx

Hi @Sander1991
    Does the system currently able to have different categorization for different items ?
    example :-
    Weapon Category/Tab :- Only shows weapon inventory/items in this inventory panel
    Magic Items :- Only shows magic related inventory/items in this inventory panel
    ...so on

As I see in the tutorial videos ( https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDdMdd9QzBmblXKc3uWUhKBTB7HhFqz7O), the system has hotbar, storagebox, but doesn't seems has the option for us to do such categorization ( or different tab ).

This could help to avoid situation where we might have too many items ( example, >50 items, just in case ), and user/players have to keep scrolling down to find the specific item, especially on situation where player have to locate specific items/ingredient for crafting .

Thanks

47. Sander1991

Sander1991

At the moment not. This is something which I wanna support in the upcoming updates. Probably in the next update.

LoDx likes this.
  48. Dramamine0001

Dramamine0001

I've went through the tutorials on building the inventory and really like it. Releasing videos on how to build it from scratch was a great idea, as now I feel comfortable buying the improved version since I know a lot about the inner workings. I'm likely going to buy the asset, as I think it's well done, simple and I like that it uses the new GUI API.

I highly suggest options/scripts/instructions to integrate with UFPS. It's one of the most popular assets and no other inventory system has this. This would make your asset really stand out. I'm reviewing ways I can do this now. Thanks!

49. Sander1991

Sander1991

So actually so many people asked me for UFPS. It seems that I have to implement this :D. But I cannot implement this in the next update. But after hearing that so many want it with UFPS I will implement this!

50. Dramamine0001

Dramamine0001

Glad to hear you are going to do this. I think it will help you sale a lot more. Looking into the inner workings of UFPS, I think your best bet is going to be pointing your nice UI and features at the UFPS item database/inventory. IMO, from what I can tell, trying to use your item types and inventory will mean reworking/rewriting a lot of the UFPS systems.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.