Search Unity

[WIP] Infested Land - Multiplayer Zombie Game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by hjupter, May 16, 2014.

1. hjupter

hjupter

$10291190_663508800389291_4248950907408504198_n.png

Hey Guys, I just wanted to show my upcoming game called Infested Land.

Infested Land is a Multiplayer real time zombie cross-platform game which will have different PVE and PVP game modes. It's already playable on Android and as Standalone on PC, Mac and Linux. Webplayer (Facebook and Kongregate) will come out as soon as Kii release their next build with web support.

Winner of Kii to Unity Game Contest!

Play NOW on Facebook!

Release Notes:

Build 0.5.2 (215) Sep 19 2014

- NEW: Death players are now automatically resurrected when a wave ends
    - NEW: You can get loot by destroying bodies
    - NEW: Magic Chests can be opened with the key E
    - FIX: You can buy revive potions without get stuck
    - FIX: Room list now displays rooms properly
    - FIX: Players can't be pushed through walls anymore
    - FIX: Coins are now being displayed as it should
    - FIX: More network synch fixes

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/infestedland

Here is a videos and few screenshots, I just hope do you like it, feedback is very welcome.

The game is made with 3d models from the asset store and plenty of other assets from the store like:

- Photon for the networking
    - NGUI for the UI
    - Kii for player management and database
    - Facebook SDK
    - NJG Minimap
    - Audio Toolkit
    - Mesh Baker this made all my zombies 1 draw call and characters 1 draw call too

I just wanted to point out how useful and valuable is the Asset Store for indies like me, Thanks Unity :)

I'm also looking for experienced people if there is anyone interested.

Attached Files:

• $01.jpg
      $01.jpg
      File size:
      71.7 KB
      Views:
    • $03.jpg
      $03.jpg
      File size:
      137.5 KB
      Views:
    • $04.jpg
      $04.jpg
      File size:
      189.2 KB
      Views:
    • $05.jpg
      $05.jpg
      File size:
      122.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    rakkarage and calmcarrots like this.
  2. im

im

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  3. hjupter

hjupter

Thank you but I'm not using Dungeon Breaker, it's a nice kit but I need to use my own code for the gameplay :)

4. im

im

lol ok it so reminded me of dungeon breaker starter kit

what about a pc version or even web player version

no steam greenlight :(

5. hjupter

hjupter

I already mention about the PC and webplayer versions above:

"It's already playable on Android and as Standalone on PC, Mac and Linux. Webplayer (Facebook and Kongregate) will come out as soon as Kii release their next build with web support."

6. im

im

oh my bad its just i went to website and i could not find download link for pc. and i dint know what konggregate and kii were and to be honest i dont do facebook

consider bringing it to steam (greenlight is only $100 to get on and once your one you can submit as many games as you like people vote for them and if you get enough votes / interest you get your game on steam, and considering other games making it on steam nowadays it looks like yours would make it without too much trouble)

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  7. hjupter

hjupter

I will be posting android, PC and MAC alph builds for play testing this week and I considered Steam but do you think for what you seen in the video that the game is ready for Steam? I mean it still on alpha state does Steam accept games in this state?

On another news Infested Land just made it to the "Kii to Unity Game Contest" 10 finalists check this out: http://blog.kii.com/?p=3668 :)

8. im

im

actually steam does

check out greenlight it is exactly for you

and they have early access which will let you make money while you develop your game

all for like 30% cut (ok i dont exactly know that cut, since its nda, but its like that from what ive read)

people have in greenlight from ideas and up so its like kickstarter

and early access from way less than what you have

im not saying do it

im saying go there and find out what there is what others have and if it make sense for u

well from what u got i think u can put it in greenlight easy

and i think u can also get the votes for early access

once early access u start making money

so check it out, that is where i am, i dont do consoles, i dont do mobile devices, or all those websites, i buy my games on steam...

then u can be making money as u develop the game and shape it based on the input of the people who are interested in your game

just keep in mind steam is for pc and for mac and linux now so its for pc focus

yeap steam has come a long way since it catered to large companies, sure they still do, but they have lots for indie and people who are in alpha / development and need to bring in some cash

also once there its easier for future games u do since u already are familiar with their apis and how it works

also steam is a great way to promote and sell your game, its like a better version of unity asset store and they have like over 70M members who potentially will be seeing your greenlight, early access and then release

and they have lots of indie games that go greenlight, early access and release many go greenlight with little more than idea and then when they have something get enough interest to go early access while in development, and like i say once early access you are selling it... u dont have to wait for release. and the great thing is no money back! they are paying for the early access not the game the game is sort of included so its not like prerelease where people pay and then the day before it shipped everybody did a refund. so being part of giving you feedback and gaining access to your alphas, betas, ect is what they pay for. some charge for the game, some reduce price and some actually more... personally i dont like the latter since they helped u do the game so i like to get a break... anyways check it out... as just one way to get your game out.

here is link to greenlight
    http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight/

and for early access agani that is when u get enough interest in your greenlight thing

and the $100 fee to get in is just one time fee, not per game and 100% goes to childsplay charity so its not like steam getting a penny from u, so u help a charity, take a tax breat. and there is steam api (in unity asset store u find unity wrapper for it which u can easily use)

http://steamcommunity.com/dev
    http://www.valvesoftware.com/business/

here is unity asset store when u get access (u need a steam account for your company and u need steam developer id and eventually once they invite u to early access to your game u get id)

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/publisher/737

good luck

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  9. hjupter

hjupter

Thank you so much for the detailed information, I will definitely try this.

10. hjupter

hjupter

Hey guys just wanted to let you know Infested Land was selected as one of the 10 finalist into the Kii to Unity Game Contest more info here: http://blog.kii.com/?p=3668

11. im

im

congrats!

12. hjupter

hjupter

Here is some screenshots of the achievement system I made for the game:

13. Roger88

Roger88

Great job on the overal! Thanks for sharing too, cant believe this is all from the asset store.

<3 unity

14. hjupter

hjupter

Thank you, I would not say all its all models from the store but the whole code is made by except for the tools I listed above :)

15. MichaelHF15

MichaelHF15

Love the splatter of blood lol.. Good job :)

16. hjupter

hjupter

Some new screenshots of the lobby showing some new featues:

- Achievements
    - Friend System
    - Leaderboards
    - Player Profiles

17. im

im

very nice!

18. hjupter

hjupter

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  19. ckrin

ckrin

looks awesome congrats!

20. hjupter

hjupter

21. Eep Games

Eep Games

I think you really need to greenlight this! It is looking a really good game and i think many people are willing to buy some game like that. It is not a game like DayZ it is a random cute looking but also badass zombie game. I'm gonna follow your project from now on.

Greetz Rick

22. hjupter

hjupter

23. hjupter

hjupter

Workin on the character selection screen:

Some screenshots of the dungeon level:

24. melidian

melidian

Saw the buying gems feature with real money and instantly disliked the game. o.o

25. hjupter

hjupter

Would like to know why? Its a f2p game and you use gems only to buy different characters and doesnt mean that paid characters are more powerful than the freeone. Actually its kinda how League of Legends works.

26. melidian

melidian

Alright well that sounds better than. I figured it would be like the gems would buy guns, perks, etc.. :p Sorry

27. melidian

melidian

Anyway though the game does look neat and I would love to play it when it's released.

28. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Game is really coming along.

29. hjupter

hjupter

Thank you guys!

30. Foestar

Foestar

The game keeps looking better every time I check back on this thread. Good work! Keep it up.

31. hjupter

hjupter

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you guys know that I released the first beta of the game you can start testing the game on facebook https://apps.facebook.com/infestedland/

Please note that the game its still on beta so there will be bugs, if you found anything please let me know.

From now on I will be updating the game weekly!

Please tell me if you like it or not, any kind of feedback is good.

32. im

im

congrats ive been wanting to play around with it since i saw your post

so i finally got changed played around a little with it and here is my take on it

i didnt notice any issues really

the gameplay sort of falls into pattern of attack, retreat and repeat else you get killed rather quickly. i would have liked some leveling up more quickly to be able to handle the ever increasing numbers and more difficult mobs

i would prefer follow from behind camera and not top down view (or at least having option to switch camera views)

paths fell a bit claustrophobic, even open areas make me feel boxed in. dont get me wrong the map is nice. its just i like more open wider. take a look at full mojo rampage that has mix of both maze an open areas where i think it works out better for me.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/225280/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

i guess at some point you will want each mob should have its own taunt

anyways other than those kinds of things that you will i guess in time polish out i dont really see any issues

oh yeah i dont like to have to create another account and login, so perhaps when on steam and using their system it will be easier... anyways unless you first verify their email address before letting them play when registering everybody gives you fake email address just so that they can play anyways. so perhaps registration should be optional or a way to get something more out of it than just playing around. perhaps leaderboards, persistent characters and stats, ect.. i'm not sure but its just pain to have so many accounts...

33. hjupter

hjupter

Hey thank you for your great feedback.

Ok regarding the gameplay this is only one game mode I have planned to add other PVP and PVE game modes like protect the crystals, gather resources, capture the flag, team death match but I known I have to improve this first mode (Coop Survival) a bit more I still need to tweak the in-match leveling system probably reduce the amount of zombies you get per wave a bit etc... later on you will be able to choose the zombies difficulty too.

I would prefer from behind camera trust me (you can see my previous game http://www.ninjapvp.com/) but I decided to keep it like this in order to keep the game smooth for all platforms (mainly mobiles). You can see other games with this types of camera and they are very popular (LoL for example?)

Did you felt the same with the current 3 maps? I have planned to improve these maps later one they need some tweak but working alone on this game is not easy at all, I actually had someone who helped me with these maps but he is not available to work with me anymore so if anyone would like to work with me just PM me.

I'm checking out Full Mojo, I will take some inspiration from there.

Yes I will add some different taunts later on, also currently they repeat it too much I have tweak some sound effects and music too.

For accounts I have planned to make them linkable later on, this mostly depends on the service I'm using (www.kii.com).
    The game already have leaderboards, player profiles, persistent characters stats, achievements and friends... later on I want to add: quests, adventure mode, guilds etc.. Maybe right now its a bit difficult to find?

The game its still on beta so there is still stuff to fix and things to add.

Thanks again for your feedback!!

34. Deleted User

Deleted User

Look´s pretty nice Keep it up!

35. hjupter

hjupter

Thank you :)

36. TemplarGFX

TemplarGFX

Top quality work! Really! The look reminds me a lot of Dungeon Defenders for the art style.

Keep up the amazing work

37. hjupter

hjupter

Thank you, glad you like it!

Here are a few screenshots of the latest version:

38. hjupter

hjupter

Just wanted to show off this small feature I added to the game

39. hjupter

hjupter