Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Hibernation Pods SC-19 - HereVR Sci-Fi Project

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by HereVR, May 26, 2015.

1. HereVR

HereVR

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    chelnok, TheDarkBadger and Mister-D like this.
  2. TheDarkBadger

TheDarkBadger

Very nice looking

HereVR likes this.
  3. HereVR

HereVR

Thank you:) I wanted to make something elegant and 'brand new' as there are so much 'worn' assets out there:)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. HereVR

HereVR

Short WIP video.

5. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

Looks nice.

HereVR likes this.
  6. HereVR

HereVR

Thank you!

7. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

@HereVR That is total crap!
    Golden crap-tact-ular!
    Great work guy. I really like the clean white version and the soft emissions you created throughout.

Could one of the pods be removed from that chamber and placed into a custom room?
    That'd be nice - not to diminish the work done on the on the rest of the room - but the pod could be re-purposed as a type of sci-fi medical pod/facility and maybe be a little more attractive as modular asset.

Top quality.

HereVR likes this.
  8. hopeful

hopeful

IMO, the scene would look better without the lightning effect. It's very distracting.

I would rather see a close up of a hibernation / cloning cell. :)

HereVR likes this.
  9. HereVR

HereVR

Thank you!

The 'Chamber' is a FREE 'background' for the PODs for the customers. The pods are separate prefabs, you could use it as you wish. Also there are some more stuff planned, like medical labs, flight deck, etc.

By the way; I'm thinking about making an 'alien' version of all the sci-packs I made. Would you guys need something like that?

jovino and theANMATOR2b like this.
  10. HereVR

HereVR

The pack will be released without lightning as it is a 3rd party asset (as the video/pic says).
    I plan to make a 'short story' video with using various effects (3rd party ones, too) in the future when more packs will be out.

When the pack will be released, its gallery will be public. Anyway I upload some stuff tomorrow hopefully:)

11. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Friends,
    the pack is out for USD12 for a limited time: http://u3d.as/guN

Enjoy and please rate it if you like it. I have many plans for additional artwork, so popularity could hel a lot on development! Thanks!

12. hopeful

hopeful

Do the pods have an opening animation? Or are they designed to always be closed chambers?

HereVR likes this.
  13. HereVR

HereVR

Hello,

Yes, they have. Check the video!
    Technically it has a pretty nice opening sequence.

14. HereVR

HereVR

Hello All,

some support info: as including image effects to an asset still not work at 100% with Unity, you may to import the standard 'Effects' unitypackage to your project if you get error message related to postFX.
    Sorry for the problem, I hope they will guess something for it.

15. hopeful

hopeful

Actually, I posted that after watching the video. lol

I couldn't originally tell that the glass was removed. (rubs eyes)

HereVR likes this.
  16. HereVR

HereVR

I plan to make a more detailed video in the future (with close-ups), but as actually there are 3 other packs I'm working on, it could take for a while.:)

17. antislash

antislash

sweet

HereVR likes this.
  18. ersaurabh101

ersaurabh101

Is the white room included in the demo scene ?

19. hopeful

hopeful

The lab room featured above appears in the demo scene that comes with the hibernation pod asset. There are 3 prefabs for the room in the colors featured above.

If you want to change the color of the room, you adjust the color picker for albedo in the standard shader for the walls and then the whole room changes color.

Adjusting the color of the ambient light and then baking gives an even nicer effect.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    HereVR likes this.
  20. ersaurabh101

ersaurabh101

If i wish to increase the room width, will it be easy and possible >>

21. hopeful

hopeful

It's made up of normal meshes. So it's as easy or as hard as it normally is. Not sure what else to say here.

HereVR likes this.
  22. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Friends,

thanks Hopeful for the answers!
    Dear ersaurabh101!

For increasing the room size it could be done in 3 ways:
    - you could scale it inside Unity (depending on your goals it could cause distortion if you use a non-uniform scale)
    - you could select and multiply parts of the mesh inside Unity with a 3rd party mesh editor app
    - you could export the mesh to a 3d party app like Blender or Max, do the changes, then reimport it.

Actually the 'white room' is a free background for the Pods; it is planned to release a full modular environment system in the future, when the HereVR car packs will be finished.

23. mikleas

mikleas

Great work! Very interesting and original asset!
    I´d like to see included a damaged/broken pod and an easy way of include content in the pod (humans, aliens, fluids, etc).
    I made a 360 panorama video from de asset.
    Not very good res and result but it´s just a test :)

HereVR and chelnok like this.
  24. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Mikleas,

that panoramic stuff is great, thanks:).
    Am I right that SSAO and some of the reflections were switched off on the render? For this kind of 'whitish' stuff it could mean a huge addition to the visual quality (unfortunately Unity's built-in SSAO sometimes have compilation errors as it misses cg_frag script).

May I ask what did you used for capturing?

For your questions/suggestions:

1. Damaged versions - I will consider it for the future, sounds good to me
    2. Inserting humans/aliens easily: you could easily do that with using the gameobject as a 'holder' what includes the rotating POD itself. Also I'm working on some humans for the pack.

Would you please help me in some decisions (and not just you, all of you)?

The next sci-fi pack will be about gym/training (multiaxis trainer, etc.)
    I also plan to make garage for vehicles, flight deck, parks, medical lab, research lab, etc., also gun stations, vehicles.

- I'm also thinking about making a 'kit' for creating environments etc to use together with the 'prop packs' like this, but there are several other packs; would you like another one?

- For what kind of games would you like to make with it, what else would you need for your future plans?

- What do you think about the pricing of the Hibernations Pods and similar assets (what would you feel as a fair pricing for similar assets when they are not on sale)?

Thanks!

mikleas likes this.
  25. hopeful

hopeful

I like the hibernation pods because there isn't anything like it in the store, the pods themselves are more complex than usual (curved glass, moving parts), and I have an idea for using something like one of these pods in a scene or two in my game.

I don't have any particular suggestions on what to make next. I was pleasantly surprised by the pods, and picked them up right away at the intro price. :)

HereVR likes this.
  26. HereVR

HereVR

Thanks!

27. mikleas

mikleas

Hi!

i made the render using 6 cameras so disabled SSAO for performance reasons. I´m working on an improved workflow in order to use effects .

What i like of your assets is that they are not the usual model asset.
    There are several space-station-construction packs and some of them are great, so maybe look for something is not yet avaible or if you do try a new aesthetic line.

Hibernation pod price is good and made me purchase because i´d like how it is , not for a particular proyect but for prototype and test. It has storytelling potential !

As i said. Good work! :)

HereVR likes this.
  28. HereVR

HereVR

Thanks!

29. ersaurabh101

ersaurabh101

Ok , bought your asset, Hope it will be useful, lets check this out

HereVR likes this.
  30. HereVR

HereVR

Thanks for buying it! I hope you will like it! If you do so, please rate it! Thx.

31. ersaurabh101

ersaurabh101

If it will be of my use, i'll surely be pushing it to 5 [thumbs up] , i am desperate to check it on my mobile, i'll let you know howz it going. Can you please put a light on your WIP, i mean what more is expected out of this in coming time ?

HereVR likes this.
  32. HereVR

HereVR

I just wrote it yesterday, about 5-6 posts earlier. Also feel free to write your opinion!

33. ersaurabh101

ersaurabh101

hey, i imported your asset and got 4 errors in the console, they are related to light effects/ some scripts , what should i do ?

34. HereVR

HereVR

Hello, first of all I need the error messages to help.
    Anyway, I think it should be related to SSAO as I wrote in the description (it seems there is a bug related to exporting image effects Unity didn't fix yet. )

If it is related to image effects, then import 'Effects' from Unity standard packages. If not, let me know and I help to solve the issue.

35. ersaurabh101

ersaurabh101

The bug is resolved, but you need to quickly help me with 2 things...

1. SC19 - Chamber V01 Walls I HI , floor and both walls are joined together, please detach them and send me fbx or package, so i can enlarge room to my wish

2. roof - send me 2 fbx , 1-for white light cubes and 1 for simple roof..i'll join pieces and make room as big as i want

thanks, because with these 2 small things i can use the asset, else i am unable to use it

36. ersaurabh101

ersaurabh101

and SC19 - Chamber V01 Walls II HI, that battery box furniture should be seperate

37. HereVR

HereVR

Hello ersaurabh101,

the chamber is a free 'gift' for the customers and its main purpose is to offer a background for the POD.
    So it comes 'as is'. We also wrote multiple solutions how to change it to achieve your goals earlier.
    If I were you, I would use Blender for the task; simple import the chamber model, detach the selected faces, make your design and export back to Unity. When modular sci-fi pack will be released, it will cover (partially) this kind of needs you need now.

38. ersaurabh101

ersaurabh101

I am not a guy who knows blender or max, so thats why i asked the question, how easy is to expand the room.. Now can you please direct and send me the fbx [walls], and regarding the modular sci-fi pack, do i need to spend more and when is it releasing ?

39. HereVR

HereVR

I could make a version for the next upgrade, but not now, sorry. (Technically it is over regular support). I heavily suggest to learn a 3d application as you simple cannot develop 3d games without at least a very basic 3d knowledge ( I suggest BlenderCookie, Blenderguru).
    Modular pack will be a separate project and I will offer its release date when it will be known. Actually I'm heavily working on 4 new asset packs.

40. ersaurabh101

ersaurabh101

i request, i insist .. i am unable to use it like this

41. HereVR

HereVR

PM your email and I will check, what I could do (but no promises). Also invoice number, please.

Edit: as I'm not native English speaker, I had to check what 'insist' means. I would prefer 'ask' for a task what is a favor.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  42. ersaurabh101

ersaurabh101

ersaurabh101@gmail.com , Order number sent in PM , lets chat i can explain you in 2 minutes what you can provide me and i really expect it to be a quicker 1 for you

43. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

This looks very good and great, seems to be high quality and good design, and like much that there are different options of lighting and textures, one full white that is good if wanted to have all iluminated and gives good effect, one full dark with wonderful small lighting effects that looks very different from the white one, one full red that gives a really good looking ambient effect

HereVR likes this.
  44. HereVR

HereVR

Thank you! I wish success for you with your game!

45. marked_one

marked_one

Just bought Hibernation Pods. Looks really nice, especially when white. And for that price it's a steal.

Some feedback:
    - hibernation pods could be made interactable out of the box (open-close by button press), probably with a showcase in a separate scene with just a pod and fps controller,
    - shelves and screens could be separated from the walls (then they all could be easily reused, and that's cool, especially if you are planning to make a modular kit),
    - textures without texts could be included (but, well, as far as I see it isn't difficult to remove the texts),
    - the toolbox could be made openable :)
    - a good idea could be to include dirty/used/rusty/abandoned styles, since new and shiny-models aren't suitable everywhere.

Some suggestions on modular kit: the existing kits on the asset store are good for creating sci-fi corridors, corridors and... corridors. Well, some of them actually allow us to create hangars and labs. But, what about sci-fi bars, prisons, shops, police offices, living appartments etc.? I don't currently see any possibility to create a large living space-station, say, a city in space with thousands of inhabitants. I even doubt a large spaceship interiors are possible... Also, there is Extreme Sci-Fi Level Creator asset on the store, which is modular enough to create just anything, but it's textures are really bad. And the SCI-FI Modular Pack by 256px that contains some nice modular assets which could be used to construct robotics, but are too low-poly for FPS PC games. Wish there is something similar to these packs but of AAA quality and with accompanying props and furniture. Though I'm not sure if anyone else is interested in what I described. So don't take it really serious :)

HereVR and chelnok like this.
  46. HereVR

HereVR

Thank you for the critics and the sugegstions! Please rate the pack if you can!

I will think about the modifications/upcoming features.

Related to the modular kit: we agree almost on everything; the long term plans almost completely fits your suggestions.

47. marked_one

marked_one

No worries, just gave it 5 stars. And nice to know that the modular kit could fit my purposes. Am waiting for your other sci-fi assets now.

HereVR likes this.
  48. HereVR

HereVR

Thank you!

49. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Friends!

As a celebration for the 1st year anniversary, there is a massive (60-70% OFF) discount on HereVR Race Scene packs for a limited time!
    Thanks for everyone who purchased HereVR models, now you could get the missing ones!
    • Vehicle Pack 01. (link)
    • Vehicle Pack 02. (link)
    • Pit Garage Pack 01. (link)
    • RaceTrack Pack 01. (link)

hopeful likes this.
  50. HereVR

HereVR