Search Unity

[WIP] For Our Skyline - 3D Helicopter Dogfight

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Rotorist, May 20, 2015.

1. Rotorist

Rotorist

"For Our Skyline" is a single player, 3D helicopter combat game set among the skyscrapers of an island city.

In a nut shell, player fight against waves of enemies in order to protect the crucial buildings in the city, and the supply-chain based economy behind them. With the resources produced, player can unlock/upgrade helicopters and equipment.

Right now I really don't have much to show since I'm doing it by myself and all art is placeholder, but I'm working on it... If you are interested in my bug-ridden builds you can find them here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/RotoristWorkShop/comments/35mxgo/for_our_skyline/

Gameplay Video:

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  2. shoeshine1984

shoeshine1984

the art looks very amateur

3. lThanatosl

lThanatosl

well yeah it's in early development..

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Now thats funny right there! And I can relate. :)

Nice work for early dev stages. I like the fact you provided 1st and 3rd person cameras. The helicopter seems a little 'slow' at the moment. I got to see one of those Comanches when they were considering them as a replacement to the Apache and they are real sleek and cool looking, and not slow.

I think a couple more iterations with huge explosions and missile trails and near miss dodges and, out of control - regaining flight controls would really be a couple cool things to do.

Solid piece so far.

5. Rotorist

Rotorist

Thank you for the feedback!

Now that you mention it, I wonder what type of "loss of control" that apply to helicopters. With airplanes there's the spiral turn type of loss of control when there is too much yaw, which is very easy to define (i.e. under which condition it happens). For helicopters, the only thing I can think of is tail rotor not balanced correctly and the helicopter starts turning uncontrollably. But that's a problem I don't want gamers to go through, because it gets frustrating and gets in the way of enjoyable battle.

In fact I see people playing this game the first time and losing control all the time. I think that might be enough learning curve to go through so players can quickly start enjoying the combat portion.:)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. carking1996

carking1996

This looks great!

7. Rotorist

Rotorist

8. titantomorrow

titantomorrow

I like the clean art style.

9. Rotorist

Rotorist

New gameplay video added