Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

WIP: Fledgling Flights by Root2Games

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by shrey-malhotra, Mar 1, 2015.

1. shrey-malhotra

shrey-malhotra

Hello,

Background
    I started Root2Games as an Indie game development studio in 2013 but never made it far. Though we built two or three games , but left it in between and the team went separate ways. We still have our blog from that time up at root2games.com (some interesting articles about our first game Poop Revenge built in Unity Pro can be found there).

Current Status
    I thought of reviving Root2Games back and well , being all alone this time, I have started working on a 2d game for now - Fledgling Flights (a simple 2D infinite scroller/flyer). I am using Unity Free (broke :p) to do it. Will be blogging about it soon on our website but wanted to get some initial feedback. Detailed questions/suggestions will follow on this thread for certain things I am not sure about.

Fledgling Flights

Story (Sketchy)
    It’s the year before the famous Wright brothers made their first powered flight and changed aviation history. However they were not the first ones to build and fly experimental aircraft. There were several attempts made before but we don’t know much about them? Do we ? Huh.

A young fellow - Trevor Jacobs (Random name generator :p ) , with a dream to fly, somewhere in a small unknown town was building his own flying machine. Can you help him build his flying machine and change the history before time runs out for him ? Good luck with your fledgling flights !

Your objective is to build and fly Trevor’s flying machine.

Objectives
    • To fly X distance (250 yards, 500 yards, 1000 yards)
    • To fly X altitude ( 50 yards, 100 yards, 200 yards)
    • To remain in air for X time ( 25 s, 50 s, 2 min, 3 min)
    • Collect 3 stars
    • Collect money (To buy upgrades)
    • Collect prototype scrolls (For researching upgrades)
    Beta Test Google Plus Community

We have an alpha/beta test community on Google Plus. Feel free to reach out to me, if you wish to join it and test out my games before they go live. (https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103479511291120122586). Please drop me a PM, so that i can accept you in the community.

Screenshots (In game)

Thanks for reading along ! I will update this thread with more updates soon and some polls/questions.

(Hoping I am not violating any forum rules :), my first wip post)

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hello Shrey - no comment on the game because I didn't play it but I do have a couple comments on your company splash and logo.

The rocks at first (I was sitting back from the monitor) looked furry! Then when I clicked on the image and saw the pattern I realized they aren't furry. But the pattern on the rocks really doesn't work. It looks like a Photoshop filter. Sorry if that's harsh, I'm just being honest.
    The other critique on your logo - it reads root games 2, rather than root 2 games. It's just the way it's laid out though, I'm sure you can fix that pretty easy.

3. shrey-malhotra

shrey-malhotra

Thanks @thAnimator2b for the feedback. Appreciate it. I went around and fixed that.

I am still working on the game and will love to have feedback from the community, once i have a playable version. Will share the beta test link & the process to start testing if someone is interested.

Fix:

theANMATOR2b likes this.