Search Unity

[WIP]Fight the tentacle - Arcade RTS

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Snoozer, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Snoozer

Snoozer

Hello
    Runover Studio is currently working on a arcade top down shooter with a micro management twist.

The game is set in the HP Lovecraft dimension with investigators from left and enemies from right. You start with one brave investigator and with time you get more and more as the playground gets bigger. Check out the video and try too complete our demo. If you complete.. upload pics of end screen or it didn't happened :)

Video:

Difficulty and balance:
    Since we like difficult games like contra/probotecor we have made FTT kinda hard with a self balancing system. If you get cooky or think its too easy(you have uber skills ^^ ) you can insult the enemy or if its too hard you can get helpful extra points from the mini games.

"Investigator taunting the enemy"
    tauntgif.gif

Demo & info:
    The demo can be tried in Unity webplayer here: http://www.snoozer.se/games/FTT_1_0_2/FTT_1_0_2.html
    Information, Pictures and installers(PC,Mac,Android):
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/fight-the-tentacle

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  2. r8-Bit-Ape

r8-Bit-Ape

The visuals look pretty cool when they are animated, the static screenshots don't work as well... Perhaps you could drop in some GIFs so other people can appreciate the visuals at a glance? Good luck!

3. Snoozer

Snoozer

Current work
    Right now im trying to port the demo to mac and ios. Trying to wrestle down do thoose draw calls to under 100 but it seams hard :)

Here is one scene and the stats window, will this work on a iphone 4 ?

GraphicstatsStats.png

The scene (Click to enlarge):

GameScene.png

What i have done so far to lower the draw calls are:
    * Dont mess with the materials.
    * Vertex coloring for Lightnings
    * Some scaling limitations.

Still to be considered:
    * Throw out onGui-calls for the buttons.
    * Move around the textures for less calls.

4. Snoozer

Snoozer

Tnx for your suggestion i changed the first post to make it more clear what we are doing and moved the current work into a separate post. I added a link to the unity web player so ppl can test it. I guess most ppl at this forum have the player installed already :) .

r8-Bit-Ape likes this.
  5. Snoozer

Snoozer

We have fixed the demo for OSX and it can now be downloaded from here:

"Last man standing"
    screen08.jpg

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  6. Snoozer

Snoozer

Hello again! We switch mobile platform from IOS to Android bacuse it was easier to distrubute on our own.(Until we get on Appstore)
    The Android version of the game can be downloaded here:

Here is an image of one of the minigames you unlock when you progress. Its kinda flappy wurm :)
    WurmFlapping.PNG

7. Snoozer

Snoozer

Hello
    My friend told me that the game was to difficult and wanted some hints. So i made this video that explains weapons, grouppositions and the basic-gameplay.