Search Unity

[WIP] Evangelina

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Jippal, May 4, 2015.

1. Jippal

Jippal

Hello everyone.

I am working on a mobile project named Evangelina using Unity 4.5, currently the build you see in the video below is for a University deadline, but we hope to release the project into iOS an Android stores during Summer 2015.

I'm posting here to look for any advice or feedback for my university report and for future development, regarding all areas of the game, which I know is too vague so i'll mention a few specifics but anything is welcome.

What benefits/problems could we encounter by upgrading to Unity 5? Will all of our animations/scripts etc still function correctly?

We have the same art assets in different colours repeating throughout the game, as our little team of two doesn't feature a 2d artist what advice could you give for us to create more varied environments?

If anyone has any links or resources regarding the correct ways of setting up a small games studio with just two people (what kind of legal preparations or contracts would typically be used in a situation like this) that would be really useful aswell.

Thanks in advance for any responses, they are appreciated.

Nyall

2. andrewjason

andrewjason

You could learn more about 2D art development. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube etc. Or you could purchase them from the asset store (or other places). Your current art style is under-whelming.

As for setting up a studio, I would probably wait until you have some successes/good portfolios/clients under your belt first.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

It's like most of you 'game developers' would be damned if you would ever describe your game in any detail whatsoever. As if gamers are used to seeing girls run around a dungeon grabbing pints of beer while avoiding ghosts.

WTF IS GOING ON?