Search Unity

(WIP) Devoured Time - Available on Steam's Early Access

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Darrkbeast, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Darrkbeast

Darrkbeast

Big Changes
    Devoured Time has changed quite a bit in the past year, I will be redoing all info related to the game as it gets closer to launch. However in the meantime it is one Steam's Early Access with up to date info. Just search Devoured Time.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  2. Ra1den

Ra1den

Woooo Just by the title... "Action RPG with Horror, strategy and survival aspects"

I hope you have big enough/talented team for it because this idea is very ambitious for a indie developer
    The game sounds interesting but don't fall into a black hole project (Sucks up all your resources,time,money and nothing good ever comes of it)

I don't know but this sounds like a lot on paper with all the different gameplay aspects, dialing it back to something simple (at least in the beginning) is what i have seen works best and is what I suggest but judging it just on what you've written alone isn't 100% so i won't know for sure till i actually see the gameplay itself .. Would be interesting to see a playable alpha or beta!

3. Ra1den

Ra1den

Can't wait :D

4. CaseyLee

CaseyLee

I think adding some videos and pictures to this thread would get people to look into it more. I for one am too lazy to click on links specifically if my interest has not yet been peaked with aforementioned eye candy.

5. CaseyLee

CaseyLee

much better ;D

Good progress on the game mechanics. Really supports what you have written about the game-to-be, fills in some blanks and I have a much better feel for what your going for. Too many threads on this forum go art first, mechanics later (or never).

6. primus88

primus88

The game sounds ambitious. Way too ambitious, some would say, but that remains to be seen.
    What I would do, is to drop the horror part. There is no way you can scare anyone with this camera setting and with the strategy part involved as well. Keeping the Horror description, will just attract the wrong croud which will judge the game by this aspect that will be seriously lacking.

Good luck.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  7. primus88

primus88

Hmm, I understand where you are trying to get to. You could replace the horror description with savage and dark. For me at least it sounds like the game will have gore and the story will be deep and heavy.

8. Darrkbeast

Darrkbeast

Hey, its been over a year and your were right about it being a big project and needed a good team. Well things didn't quite go the smooth way and I am solo in the project. I had to scale the game down for the initial concept. But I am persistent if anything and I've managed to to keep much of what I wanted to accomplish in. While this first game may be smaller it will stand as a foundation for more to come.

9. Darrkbeast

Darrkbeast

Yeah I was using Horror a bit to much, and the game is more dark than horror in hindsight. Most people think of a specific type of game when horror is mentioned.