Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Colour matching game Chromasy

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Scofod, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Scofod

Scofod

[Edit] Link to finished game! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.HarryScholefieldGames.Chromasy

This is my first real Unity project that I plan on hopefully finishing, been working on it awhile now so I thought I would show it to people who aren't obliged to like it (like friends and family). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Currently has no sound or music but hopefully should be getting a more musical friend to do that for me.
    It is currently being made for Android. To control you tap in the direction you want the ball in the middle to go, with the aim of matching the colour of the ball to the colour of the outside.

As the game goes on it rotates faster and you have less time to shoot the ball.
    Still can't decide on a name for it, Chromasy is the current working title.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Pickleninja likes this.
  2. Scofod

Scofod

So, after a fair bit of work on it (it's been awhile since I created the thread) I have decided it's time for another update. Here's a video which shows lots of the changes:

So the main changes are a significant visual redesign and some more effects. Also there are now only 6 difficulty levels which when completed become infinite modes on that difficulty level. For example once you finish level one you can then go back and play level one to try and get a high score on it.

To finish a level you have to fill up all the segments. This is best demonstrated in the above video.

When you finish a level you get a certain number of coins, which can be spent on new background patterns.

I look forward to hearing any feedback you have!

3. Scofod

Scofod

I've got a web gl version of the game with mouse controls. Just click to launch the ball in the centre to the matching coloured segment around the outside. I look forward to any and all feedback! (Still very much a work in progress at this point)
    https://googledrive.com/host/0B-F0dJUNafY3d0JvNDBUUDNWMWc

(Edit) The old name of Chromatic is still the project name which is why it's the name on web version.

4. Scofod

Scofod

A bit of a visual change, I've added in a glow effect as I'm a sucker for glowing shiny games. Gameplay is still largely the same, just instead of filling up the segments it's lighting them up. The glow out the outer edge of some of them is there to indicate when it is full.

upload_2016-4-9_13-59-52.png

Attached Files:

5. Scofod

Scofod

Another update: the web version has been updated to the new visual style, plus some other transitions and visual effects. Also got a new screenshot showing more colours in the game.

Attached Files:

6. Scofod

Scofod

Working on tidying everything up, getting it looking good. After messing around with trying draw perfect segments in Paint.net (don't recommend this) I just decided to construct them in engine from meshes. Now they are fully size customizable and angle perfect. Should hopefully speed up the process of neatening up everything from now on.

7. Schneider21

Schneider21

I like it! I could see my wife getting addicted to this game.

One thing I'd love to see is a quick restart button when you lose, so I can jump back in without having to go back to the main menu.

Keep up the good work!

Scofod likes this.
  8. Scofod

Scofod

Thanks for the feedback! I'm definitely going for that addictive feel.
    In regards to the quick restart button, definitely something I'll consider as getting people back into playing the game is a good thing.

9. Scofod

Scofod

Got a new screenshot showing the improved visuals. Now the background lines are a bit sharper and glow more and the in engine procedural segments. ChromasyScreenShot5.png

10. Scofod

Scofod

Another update, I've changed the build playable at: https://googledrive.com/host/0B-F0dJUNafY3d0JvNDBUUDNWMWc to include the visual improvements shown in some of the screenshots.
    Working on implementing sound effects and music along with tidying up the UI a bit as well.
    I welcome any feedback you can give me and I hope you get a chance to play it!

kittik likes this.
  11. Scofod

Scofod

Got an image showing the new UI style. Decided to glow it up like everything else. A bit rough around the edges as this was the first try at making glowing icons. Looking forward to any feedback on the UI or the game itself, which should still be available on the links above. Thanks!
    ChromasyScreenShot5NewUIStyle.png

12. Scofod

Scofod

Been awhile since my last post and after periods of not working on it and doing lots of work I'm finally nearing release. Been working on a big push to get the game finished now. Just have to get the music and sound effects finished up and then I'm done!
    Because I'm aiming for an Android release I've had to focus more on that and so have stopped updating the browser version. I do however have a new game play trailer:

13. Scofod

Scofod

New video! No game play changes but the video now has full audio. Still subject to change but the game is nearing release now.

14. Scofod

Scofod

Hopefully will be the final update before I announce that it is released, here is the trailer for Chromasy!

15. Scofod

Scofod