Search Unity

[WIP] Classic Controllers: A UI Design

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by AlanGreyjoy, Sep 4, 2015.

?

Would you buy it?

1. Yup!

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nope!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. You should take a seat...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to gauge everyone's response to something I have been working on the last couple of days.

I originally did this for my mobile game and thought... I should see if people would buy this! lol

I am making UI's that resemble classic controllers for mobile devices.

What do you think? Would this be something cool on the asset store?

I plan to make FULL UI menu's for each type of controller. Each button is a ButtonScript and can be used with any mobile touch asset on the store.

See the screen shots and let me know what you think :)
    As you can see, they don't take up much real estate either! I would also release the .AI file as well.
    CC1.JPG cc2.JPG cc3.JPG cc4.JPG cc5.JPG

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I definitely like the quality of the art. Did you consider the bumpers/trigger buttons on any of the more modern controllers?

My only graphic critique is I think there should be some nicks and gouges on the edges of some of those controllers. Especially the 8 bit one. I can supply a couple reference photos if you need. :)

3. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

Ha. I love the idea. Lord knows how much my nes controller hit my tv growing up lol!

I want to make all the modern controllers. I'am just gauging the response from the unity crowd first.

I'am using the snes controller with the Cori engine platform asset, and it feels and looks super cool like this. Since its a 2d platform... You have all this extra room on the bottom anyways.

I never did like how mobile games just throw controls all crazy on the screen. I think this could be a super cool way to clean it up! Having a nes controller at the bottom of crossy roads would be super cool.

Thanks for the feedback! Going to add some scratches in the controllers and spruce them up a bit :)

theANMATOR2b likes this.