Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIP] Chicken Assassin:Master of Humiliation

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by diploms1, Jan 11, 2016.

1. diploms1

diploms1

Introduction
    We are three people team- artist/musician, designer and programmer. We go under the name OneShark. Our past two games are Goblin Treasure Hunt and Gatherx -both clicker games too.
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/654995 & http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/633907

Chicken Assassin:Master of Humiliation

IMG_21122015_033836.png

Chicken Assassin
    is an Clicker RPG game inspired by 80s & 90s action movies combined with various parody elements. Game has two main elements. First one is gathering resources which are necessary to get stronger. And missions- the protagonist is trying to rescue his beloved woman from the evil monopoly man.

dgfdfdfg.png
    -Just a few examples of the various villains

First look of the fight club mission atmosephere

And here you can check out the first episode of our dev vlog series

Feel free to post your feedback and criticism below!

Follow us on twitter
    https://twitter.com/onesharkcom
    youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/user/onesharkcom
    And IndieDB
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/chicken-assassin-master-of-humiliation

kittik likes this.
  2. diploms1

diploms1

And here comes 3 more dev vlog episodes :)

3. taistelusopuli

taistelusopuli

A good looking game you guys have coming here. Really like the premise and goal of the game. How long have you been working on it so far?

4. diploms1

diploms1

Hey. We started working on it right before Christmas : )

5. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I've never 'got' the clicker games, no matter the spin any of them try to put, they don't hold any interest beyond the art design.
    With that said - your art is really great looking. I love the humor in each asset you have - even the other games you guys made - there is a nice element of levity in each of the designs.

6. monsterlogix

monsterlogix

@theANMATOR2b - it's been a pleasure to build so far. Within this game there are so many hidden references and messages. It will be an experience, not just another million click video game. Thanks for having a look!

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  7. taistelusopuli

taistelusopuli

@diploms1 Thought it'd be a longer time. Just coming from Construct/RPG Maker circles and there things take a lot longer for some reason.. Good work there :)

8. diploms1

diploms1

New dev vlog episode :cool:

9. diploms1

diploms1

Episode 6 up

10. diploms1

diploms1

Another episode guys. All feedback is much appreciated :)

11. Darkays

Darkays

Looking very cool!

I am really loving the art direction that you all are taking the game. The background and environment really have a lot of personality and carry a sense of weight as you pan the camera left and right with that added parallax effect. Even with that the foreground characters still pop from the background. Lovely animations, lovely lighting, I really do like the art in the game.

I also really like the design of the game, I checked out the other two games that you worked on and I found them to be really engaging and intriguing, especially for the clicker genre (though I have to admit that I don't play these types of games that much). Looking at the game when you are in a battle, you are right, it doesn't look like a traditional clicker game, it feels like an action game, which I feel helps it stand out a lot!

So far everything looks really good and really solid. I am very interested to see how you guys progress from here. Great work so far!

Also, I really appreciate the dev vlogs that you posted so far, it is a nice way to wrap up all the new features in the game!

diploms1 likes this.
  12. diploms1

diploms1

Thanks a lot for the feedback! We have new stuff coming our way including new design for the main character, new unique missions and features. Here's also short early gameplay video from the first mission.

13. diploms1

diploms1

Another episode, this time we're introducing early stage of upgrades

14. kittik

kittik

Looks like a really good project, love the artwork and the kooky nature of it.

A suggestion - On the Loot Screen, a take all button would ensure that it doesn't become a tedious exercise. :)

15. iamthwee

iamthwee

Art looks pretty tight. Well done

16. diploms1

diploms1

This time we have a little update showing off the new character body and some of the early upgrades

17. diploms1

diploms1

Things are progressing good on our side, so we made a quick gameplay video of the news. Watch the video below :)

18. diploms1

diploms1

New episode :oops:

As always, all feedback and idea suggestions are more than welcome!

kittik likes this.
  19. diploms1

diploms1

Chicken Assassin Demo to come in a few short days!

We have been sleeping 5 hours a day, skyping all day/night/weekends, working on art assets, code, game balancing and lastly having a blast doing it! There have been ups and d... no just ups. Since day one this game has had a smooth and constant progress. So in summary - there hasn't really been 1 second of work, it's been a joy to design and we are confident Chicken Assassin will be an addictive joy to play!

Within the first week of March, the Chicken Assassin demo will be available for download on the OneShark.com website! Feel free to drop by and check it out and leave your comments in our YouTube/Twitter/IndieDB pages.

One of the things you will notice is that there are hours of playable content for free in this demo because we want you to get the real feel for the game. Please follow up with us on your thoughts regarding Gameplay, design, art, ideas and we will be sure to implement some improvements if they make sense to us.
    The first playable mission is Fight Club, which you have seen in various videos, articles, etc. The second is unlockable in the demo and it is titled...The Grand Chase.

Please take a moment to experience this awesome game before anyone else!
    Here are a few Screenshots of Chicken Assassin in the making!

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  20. Darkays

Darkays

As requested here's some feedback!

I have been able to check out some of the vlog updates but not all so you could have very well said/shown some of the things that I am going to be bringing up so take that in to account.

The amount of feedback that you get from clicking an enemy doesn't seem like it has a lot of visual flair or feedback. I feel like there should be a certain amount of weight associated with clicking on a bad guy. For instance, say you were really powerful and the enemy was pretty weak I feel like the amount of heft to the punch wouldn't really sell me on the fact that I am overpowered against this guy. Like I would be expecting the guy to REALLY react to my clicks, especially if I only need to click them 1 or 2 times to take them out. Adding in some form of shake to the enemy (or screen, but that could ruin the accuracy of the clicks). Basically what I am trying to say is the I feel like the clicks don't seem to have that much impact.

I am also curious to why you guys decided to have the shop look the way it does. I am not saying it looks bad (in fact I think that it looks pretty good!). My only concern is that you have the character in the same position as you do in battle (minus the second area, awesome tease at the end of the announcement video by the way). It doesn't feel like it is a place of refuge to train in comparison to that first area.

The last thing I want to say is actually a question. How are you achieving your character animations? Are you just moving the characters limbs by hand? Or are you using a third party plugin like Uni2D or Puppet2D that has a bone system implemented? I ask because I am going to start doing more detailed character animations in my project and I am interested in how you guys accomplished yours.

21. diploms1

diploms1

Thanks for the feedback!:)
    Just yesterday our demo version become playable, if you still haven't then feel free to head to the website below, download and play it!
    http://gamejolt.com/games/chicken-assassin-master-of-humiliation/130335

*Game is currently still in early demo phase, everything is up for improvement. The thought behind the upgrade page is that it's easily overview able, and easy to use.
    *And we're using Spine software for all the animations, it is really a powerful thing!

22. diploms1

diploms1

RavenOfCode likes this.
  23. diploms1

diploms1

Hey guys, we've been working active on the game for the past weeks and we forgot to update you with the current game progress. So here comes a new vlog video :)

RavenOfCode likes this.
  24. diploms1

diploms1

After a long wait we're finally back with news. Chicken Assassin will be released this summer on Steam. We got tons of new content and features done, and now we just need to add the final touches, polish and bug hunting.
    Stay tuned for more news on game. Soon we will need some help from willing testers :)

RavenOfCode likes this.
  25. diploms1

diploms1

Game is finally available on Steam!

Chicken Assassin - Master of Humiliation - Epic Action RPG! Full of sarcastic and hilarious characters, rich artwork and beautifully structured class/inventory/wardrobe/upgrade/achievement systems to make it a joy to play.

You can watch the official game trailer below:

And if you are interested in buying it, you can do so by visiting Steam:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/489610/

RavenOfCode likes this.