Search Unity

[WIP] Camera Waypoints Manager: Updates Coming

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by caLLow, Jun 6, 2015.

1. caLLow

caLLow

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of updating Camera Waypoints Manager. What we are currently working on.

Integration of the new Unity Event System
    4 event states that can be set in the editor:

1.) Moving to a waypoint
    2.) Arrive at a waypoint
    3.) Stay at a waypoint
    3.) Leave a waypoint

There can be multiple events for each state and multiple events for each waypoint. To accompany this new functionality there is a waypoint pop-up to quickly select a waypoint for each event. The pop-up is automatically populated with the existing waypoints.

Here's a look at the Inspector:
    In_Development_Unity_Event.png

We will continue to update here and would very much like your suggestions or feedback.
    Join us on g+
    callowcreation.com

Thank you,
    caLLowCreation

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. Tropobor

Tropobor

Well, well, well... Finally some refreshing and modern simple ways to look at waypoints... :)
    Haven't yet completely finished to browse through all your docs, but for now, I like the way you are compacting waypoints in an all-in-one asset.
    Here are few questions :
    I would be very interested to be able to control an orthographic cam with your system, not only its orientation but also its size, and also the ability to dynamically switch from orthographic to perspective and vice versa. Is it something that is already on your roadmap ?
    When these Events update will be available?
    Thanks,

3. caLLow

caLLow

Hi Tropobor,

Thanks for your suggestions. Using both orthographic and perspective cameras would be an interesting application which wasn't on our roadmap, but if we can implement it we will. This will make it possible for 2D developers to use this assets also.

The event updates are being coupled with another upgrade which transforms a set of waypoints into a bezier curve path representation. Both upgrades are due for submission to Unity in about 2 weeks.

Hope this answers all your questions. By the way, what version of Unity are you using? We are currently developing with Unity 5.0.2.

4. caLLow

caLLow

Updates Coming Includes:

waypoint events - complete
    bezier curve transformations - 80%
    Both can be tested in the editor in real time.

5. caLLow

caLLow

We are optimizing functionality with multithread processing which is a direct result for the efficiency of the new features. These features are waypoint events using the UnityEvent system newly introduced by Unity. Bezier curve transformation that converts linear waypoint translation into smooth curves. These new features can be implemented separately or together on top of an existing Camera Waypoints Controller. With these added features of Camera Waypoints Manager we will be increasing our price. Get Camera Waypoints Manager now for the low price of $10. All future updates are free.

What are some updates you would like to see implemented? Let us know!

6. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I have bought this and seems to be very good, and think that seems to be easy to use and great to use visual waypoints that you can disable

But I have seen that there is not included the demo scenes shown on the screenshots of the product or in the web player demo, I would understand that maybe this is because is included some 3D models that may not be distributed, but the hut and palm trees could be replaced with simple cubes, cones or simply shapes, what is important is the camera waypoints distribution and how it works

The included scenes are too simple, just 3 small and tiny cubes without any floor, and you really do not see how the camera moves.

7. caLLow

caLLow

IndieAner3d likes this.
  8. caLLow

caLLow

Hi everyone,

SpaceRay requested a more comprehensive demo of the current version of Camera Waypoints Manager 1.0.1. So we thought we would put it here for everyone to check out. Here it is all zipped up.

9. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Hello, WOW!! Thanks for making such big demo scene, and for making it in a very good way to show it how it works when configured

now after seen it I see that the online web player uses spheres in another way that I thought wrongly that the waypoints had already a sphere object included and that you could position it anywhere to see them without having to open the edit waypoints, but I think that this is not a problem, because as written in the tutorial you can add the waypoint script to any game object to make it visible in scene and then disable it for the game.

How do you get the red lines showing? or this is a preview of a future update? Maybe these are the bezier curves that you have said, and that is something interesting and useful to have

CAMERA NOT GOING FLUID AND SMOOTH

I have seen that when playing the scene, the camera does not go fluid and smooth through all the waypoints available, it stutters for a fraction of second and then continues, and this happens a number amount of times (I did not count how many) and do not know if this is when it reaches a waypoint. Do you know why this may be happening?

SUGGESTION TO PUT WAYPOINTS AS DEFAULT INSTEAD OF FOLLOW

After loading I thought it did not work, but then I noticed that in the Camera Waypoint Controller in inspector was put in the Transport type as FOLLOW mode, and not in Waypoint mode, so I changed it and it did work then.

I am suggesting to change it by default to waypoint instead of follow, because it seems that if by default is at follow, you may not know it and think that is not working, and is because you have to move the player for the camera to follow.

Also I though that the player could not move because WASD keys was not working, but I have seen that the cursor keys work right.

Thanks very much for your help

best wishes

SpaceRay