Search Unity

[WIP] Alamo Luna (Space Shooter)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Cheburek, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Cheburek

Cheburek

[Update 5/4/2015]

My game is finally out. It's available on Google Play store, and its 100% free!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpgames.AlamoLuna&hl=en

Please rate/share it if you can!
    ====================================================
    Hey guys.

I am making a top-down shooter game for Android to be available for free on Google Play store.

It's a simple game where you pilot a ship and use a choice of 3 weapons to defeat alien invaders.

I specialize on programming, and since working alone I bought all assets for the game at Unity Asset Store.

Update 2-15-15:
    First web build: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5102757/AlamoMoon/web build/web build.html

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  2. jtok4j

jtok4j

This is going to be a great challenge to play! I love the way the ships are following to the waypoints, and how they turn too.
    If you make the turn a bit less (not so deep), then it'll look a bit better and also make sure it dips to the other side, when changing direction. (Meaning, the turn is deep, one way now, but when turning, it doesn't really lean the other way very much.

Hope this helps!

3. Cheburek

Cheburek

game is shaping up

some experimentation with lightning beam from sci-fi effects pack

now bad guys shoot lightning! Scary! :eek: (it's actually going to be boss weapon)

4. Cheburek

Cheburek

spent whole weekend trying to get lightning beam weapon perfect

difficult part was to handle all state transitions from warmup to firing to cooloff.

dqhendricks likes this.
  5. dqhendricks

dqhendricks

Oh I see. Your signature needs an update. That lightning beam looks really cool! Nice job

6. Cheburek

Cheburek

early prototype:

7. Cheburek

Cheburek

Was playing around with Cinema Director, I feel like my game has to have a cinematic or two:

8. Cheburek

Cheburek

Added spline pathing to enemies. Makes for some interesting wave patterns.

9. Cheburek

Cheburek

A 10-minute video demonstrating how my waypoint editor works. At this point I can pretty much design any behavior for an enemy with dozens of behavior states, settings and events relatively easily.

In the video I add another wave pattern that spawns an enemy ship which makes a loop in the center of the screen while firing in all directions. The pattern is then made a prefab and added to object pool (thus can be reused multiple times throughout the level). At the end of the video I add additional weapon to an enemy (which fires without reload delay), and make sure that it's the selected in the firing state.

10. DanoG

DanoG

This is great to see! Would you mind if we used your game and it's cutscenes as part of our new showcase we are working on? We would feature your game on our website, YouTube possible, etc. if you are interested.

Thanks!

Dan

11. Cheburek

Cheburek

sure thing! You guys made an awesome tool!

12. DanoG

DanoG

Do you have a website that we can check out? Please throw me an email - dan@cinema-suite.com so we can get connected!

Cheburek likes this.
  13. Cheburek

Cheburek

small demo of max upgraded weapons:

14. Cheburek

Cheburek

Stargate leading to alien world ;)

15. Cheburek

Cheburek

16. Cheburek

Cheburek

Rocket boat:

randomperson42 likes this.
  17. Cheburek

Cheburek

working on carrier boss

18. jtok4j

jtok4j

Yes, Finally a web player build to try out! :D

(Loading now! :D )

19. Cheburek

Cheburek

20. Cheburek

Cheburek

hi thanks, for you interest! That webplayer build is very outdated, if you don't have an android device I can make a new webplayer build this week.

21. Cheburek

Cheburek

So my game was out for over 4 months and I barely received 50 total installs. Obviously I didn't do any marketing/paid installs, as it was a learning project. It's completely free and I understand that content/quality are lacking.

Recently I pushed some big updates, like Google play leaderboards, cloud saves, and infinite difficulty. But that didn't seem to do anything.

If possible, I'd like to hear your opinions on this project. Whether it's worth investing any more time in, and what would you have done differently.

Play store link is here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpgames.AlamoLuna
    (please don't consider this as me trying to get more installs, just looking for advice)