Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIP] AK 47

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Dreamer1986, May 25, 2016.

1. Dreamer1986

Dreamer1986

Hello, Unity community! This is an AK47 I just finished creating (mostly) using Blender and Substance Painter. It has 6970 tris, and I created it especially for use in Unity and Unreal. I just started work on animation, but its not an aspect I know very well, so it will take some time.

If I will sell it, how much would you like the price to be on the store, to be fair to both you and my work?

RavenOfCode likes this.
  2. VisualTech48

VisualTech48

I have to say while it does look great it isn't something people would give more than 2-5$ in my opinion, due to my eye saying no the this type of reflectivity and textures do look like they are 2K at the most with and adition of some to hard edges.

It does look neat though, as I see you put a lot of work into it, but I'm sure you can do better. The metal and the wood could a bit better texturing.

Not the best but a good example:

RavenOfCode likes this.
  3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Agree the metal and the wood both look like plastic. I think there needs to be more detail light/dark patterning in the wood albedo/diffuse, and reflection for both wood and metal (even though wood only reflects due to the coating).

One other point - the handle is a little too fat and square. Slightly rounding the entire shape, and the edges and making it slightly thinner would be an improvement.

VisualTech48, Rombie and RavenOfCode like this.
  4. Dreamer1986

Dreamer1986

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, I agree about the handle, I noticed that kind of late in texturing process. I will see if I can manage to make it more rounded without breaking too much.

Nice AK example, will see what I can do about better reflections.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. VisualTech48

VisualTech48

Glad I could help! Keep up the good work, you'll get there