Search Unity

WIP : Age of Survival Early Access

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by rpg_gamer, Apr 1, 2014.

1. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

Air supply drop is in for Age of Survival, check this out!! Skip to about 4:50 if you want to just go right to it. So just to test it checks that one player is connected, and waits 300 seconds in between drops. Those values can be set to anything really, will be a little higher than they are now.

a box is dropped 10 seconds after the helicopter comes in, just didn't bother to go find it.

2. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

download taken down to fix bug again sorry fellahs!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  3. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

test of new AI and zombies :

4. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

Ok! The time has come again. Here is a download link to Age of Survival Early Access .50

http://aos.acrowdapart.net/Age_of_Survival_Early_Access_0_50.exe

The game has gone through a TON of changes. Zombies have been ditched, and the general experience has been greatly improved. :)

It's working quite well. there are a few things to note :

- animals are not yet serialized over the network (they will not move in the same place on each clients screen)

- the day / night cycle is not yet serialized over the network either.

- your buildings are saved as long as the room is open (you do not have to be in the room, as long as there is at least one player left in the room, your buildings will remain) Persisting buildings and inventory are yet to come

- there are a LOT more areas that will be added in the next versions : more islands to explore, underwater reefs, hostile land and sea animals, passive sea animals, more weapons, and a ton of features.

- inventory item descriptions are not showing, so memorize the icon of your items for this version

Notes about crafing, where to loot, what to loot, and what to do are on this page until I set up an official website and domain again :

http://ageofsurvivalgame.blogspot.com/

5. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

I have indeed ditched the zombies.

6. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

7. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

8. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

project is 35% greenlit in under one day! Thank you guys so much for the votes! I love you long time.

9. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

77% greenlit on the second day! :)

10. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

Hey there everyone! Here are the release notes for the 0.52 update which mainly address performance issues :

- Framerate improved, will be further optimized as well along the road as the project progresses.
    - Spawning performance of ai greatly improved
    - replaced placeholder guns with improved models (ar 15, shotgun, m9 pistol)
    - added new ammo types (.556 x 45 ammo, 12Ga ammo, 9x19 ammo)
    - added several new Melee weaps :
    - Pick Axe
    - Nail Bat
    - Broken Whiskey Bottle
    - Lead Pipe
    - Shovel
    - Crocodile Jaw Bone (coming in 0.52.5 along with new ai, model and animations in game already)

Here is the download link to 0.52 :

http://aos.acrowdapart.net/Age_of_Survival_Early_Access_0_52.exe

Please check the blogspot for all of the new crafting recipes :

http://ageofsurvivalgame.blogspot.com/

Official Website will be up this weekend :)

To come in next version :

- Input manager / display settings manager / disconnect from match menus
    - new ai entities, and hostile ai
    - working on the start of improved tree chopping (must craft axe first, tree is chopped on with axe and falls, instead of basic button press)

11. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

congratulations on all the hard work on this, looking great. Wishing you best of luck.

12. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

Thank you very much. It really means a lot to hear, especially when I am feeling pretty beat up about the project today. Not everyone says nice things, in fact most people lately seem to turn noses up at the first mention that it's a survival game, before they have even seen any of the content.

So it means a lot to hear something nice from someone. Thank you sir!

13. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Ignore them, some people think the only way to have an opinion is to find something negative to say.

icetec likes this.
  14. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Looks good! Good luck in your work!

15. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

New official steam trailer : second revision

siblingrivalry likes this.
  16. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Great job. Thats fantastic stuff. What support can we give to help promote it on steam?

17. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

steam page will be up at the end of this week, I'm just waiting for the trading card art (which valve is pretty strict on) to be finished, and then she's up as "coming soon" and then will be released on aug 25th. Feel free to promote anywhere! :) I'm going to be contacting a lot of places once the steam page is officially up

18. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Trading card art? Wow they force you to have those now?

19. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

They are VERY serious about the trading cards now. They will deny your title based on trading card art alone.

20. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

21. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Congratulations! !!!

I sent you a mail :)

22. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

23. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

There is no download right now, that's all old info on the devblog which will soon be updated. We're releasing a playable test for all soon as well.

Official twitter :

https://twitter.com/AOSSteam

24. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

Project goes on pre-sale on the Humble store this monday 7/27/15. Pre-sale means you will get the steam cd key on the day of the project's release (8/25/15). You'll be able to get the pre sale at a good price, and support charity through humble.

This mainly means for the title we will be able to have more dedicated servers at release time, instead of a month later after our first steam payment. We'd like to have all regions covered with a dedicated server, so ping can be great for everyone.

siblingrivalry likes this.
  25. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

Age of Survival is now available for pre-sale on the humble store!

This means you will receive steam cd keys on Aug 25th. The benefits are you get to purchase the title at a discounted rate, be the first awesome person on your block to play it, and you get to support charity!

10% of the profit goes to children's charities like the american red cross, child's play charity, and a few others

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/ageofsurvival_storefront

26. Triunity

Triunity

No offense to the devs of this game but unless this offers something new or is really fun/polished I don't see this game selling well on steam. People are starting to wise up to early access survival games and are not just buying them anymore for the sake of them being a survival game. Just look at another recent early access survival MMO to see what I mean: http://store.steampowered.com/app/327090/

27. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

No offense taken, but it has over 600,000 impressions on steam, and now over 100,000 visits.

It's already selling on humble, and soon to be green man gaming in just a couple of days.

No offense, really, but it offers plenty of new gameplay for users. All of which is explained on the steam page. It is there for you to read :)

28. Triunity

Triunity

Good luck to you. I hope your server averages more than 10 online players unlike the other recent early access survival game which I posted.

29. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

I don't really understand the negativity sometimes. :/ Be happy for someone who is doing well for themselves and made a great project I believe about?

There is interest in the game. Am I saying it's the greatest game in the world, and is the beat all of all survival games? I never said that, and it doesn't say that in the description.

I've been working on this for a long while now, as you can see by the date of the posts. I obviously love, and believe in this. I also have a team of great people now who also believe in what we are doing. We have the ideas, and skills to make them happen. There are plenty of great things happening, and originality we would like to say sets us out from other survival games.

That's what people are asking for, so that is what we are going to continue to aim for.

30. Triunity

Triunity

Sorry Jason, I was not meaning to sound negative. If your game is not quite "there" yet you just may want to consider delaying the steam release a bit or it might not receive good reviews. The point I was trying to make is a steam release is a different kettle of fish when compared to other platforms and the expected quality is increasing at a fast rate and especially for survival games.