Search Unity

[WIP] - 2D/Pixel Effects

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by davidthehall, Mar 27, 2016.

1. davidthehall

davidthehall

Hi All,

Just wanted to put this out here to gauge interest. I'm working on putting together some Pixel Art themed stylized effects. The idea I'm toying with is to make the pack fairly modular, with elements of the effects separated out, meaning you'll be able to put them together in different ways to make all sorts of variations.

Here are two examples of what I mean. These are each composed with about 3 different pieces put together.
    WIP_FX-1.gif WIP_FX-2.gif

The result is some pretty neat, unique effects.

Tell me what you guys think! If you have any questions, let me know :)

-David

PS: The colors are also modular, so they can be whatever, I just like blues and purples. :p

2. Matt-Hatton

Matt-Hatton

This looks amazing! Presumably it'll be going up on the assets store? Will there be a price tag?

3. p6r

p6r

Wonderful and very dynamical effects...
    6R

4. Goyoman

Goyoman

It would be awesome if you can export each final effect to a spritesheet to save resources on the build.

5. baby_jeans

baby_jeans

Extremely interested.

6. davidthehall

davidthehall

Awesome feedback! Glad to hear this is something that you guys might like. I'll keep updates rolling on this thread to keep you all up to speed :)

7. davidthehall

davidthehall

That's a fantastic idea! I have a few ideas on how to do this, I'll fiddle around and see what I can do. There's also this asset by Digital Ruby that creates spritesheets from in game. I haven't tried it out myself, but it might do exactly what you're suggesting.

8. davidthehall

davidthehall

Thank you! I'm very excited to see where this project is going. My hope is to make the package varied and modular enough so that you can get an infinite number of combinations for all sorts of effects.

And yes, this will be heading to the Asset Store soon (hopefully within a few weeks). As for the pricing, I haven't quite nailed that down just yet, but I'm leaning towards $15-$25 range. That's my tentative plan at least. Thanks for your interest, and stay tuned! :)

9. Callum-Lawson

Callum-Lawson

Just wanted to say this sounds like a great idea. Will look out for it when you release. I love the examples :)

10. davidthehall

davidthehall

Hey all, everything is going really well, here's a bit of a progress report: This week I'm cleaning up flipbooks, making prefabs, and doing some general testing. Here's a quick peak into one now...

EDIT: Sorry about the quality!

Okay, back I go! :D