Search Unity

Will Upgrading to Unity 5 affect my Unity 4 Android export?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by protopop, Oct 30, 2014.

1. protopop

protopop

If I upgrade to Unity 5 with the current preorder will I still be able to export android from my Unity 4? I know Android basic comes included with unity now but i just thought it's better to ask in case.

My current license is:

Unity Pro 4.x
    Add-ons: Android 3.x, iOS Pro 4.x ​

Right now I can export to Android basic. I THINK I bought Android back when it cost money for the basic version. So in my license it still says Android 3.x even though i am guessing my Unity 4 license is exporting using Android basic 4.x since its included with each version. (is this correct?)

I just want to double check that the upgrade wont affect my Unity 4 license. In other words Ill still be able to export android version from Unity 4. I want to play around with 5 but i want to make sure uograding the licesne won't screw up anything with my Unity 4 software.

Do people who have a unity license they bought after android basic went free say Add-ons: Android 4.x ?

2. Mauri

Mauri

Yeah, the Basic Mobile add-ons went free a long time ago and so they're included in every Unity version (4 and higher) - free of charge. In other words: Your Android Basic license is kinda obsolete nowadays (that doesn't count for Unity3, I think).

If you upgraded to Unity 5, you'll still be able to use Unity 4 regulary and thus exporting to Android / iOS. However, keep in mind that you'll need to upgrade your iOS Pro license if you plan to use it with Unity 5 one day.

3. protopop

protopop

Thanks Mauri.

Im going to uprade both Unity Pro and IOS Pro to version 5.

I think it's safe to do so so I'm off to buy and test unity 5:)