Search Unity

Will the nect beta have v 4.5.4 included?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by RandAlThor, Sep 16, 2014.

1. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Just want to know that.

2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I'm waiting also for this, its been out and no news on next beta.
    It should contain all the fixes if the devs manage to get the other devs to work on this.

4.6b19 is much needed and needs to be QA tested also before Unity 5

3. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

We are working on the beta this week, and it will have 4.5.4 included.

amadlover likes this.
  4. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thanks Tim, the 4.5.4p1 out is I noticed and has support for iOS8, this another main reason would like the changes to test the GUI on mobile devices, cant really escape the 4.6 betas now as using features in our game.

PS. So what happens when you use Unity GUI in 4.6b18 then switch to 4.5.4 - Unity crashes soon as you try and play a scene with no explanation. Therefore people need to be careful with this as you can easily forget you using Unity GUI

5. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Good to hear that it will be included.

6. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

I'm not 100% sure but I dont think we pull the patch releases so 4.5.4p1 wont be included in b19 just the main 4.5.4 release.

and going back to 4.5.4 from 4.6 isnt really supported so doesnt surprise me that it crashes.

7. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Cool, I didn't expect it to be supported as of course if you use a feature of any software that is not available in older version will not work. But I'm pretty sure some code should be added to at least warn the user of the problem or issue. As if one is buying assets in the future from the store, or working on projects that they are not familiar with could cause lot of time wasting trying to figure out the issue when it could be the smallest uGUI option added.